UK blocking piracy sites.

DildorTheDecent

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/uk-isps-are-now-blocking-93-piracy-sites/

In other news:
"Piracy unaffected by latest blocks"

Although on serious note, if for any reason there becomes a legitimate reason to not pirate the shitty Ubisoft games and really expensive photo editing software just to put penises all over a few friends heads, then i see no problem with continuing to do so. 

The UK Government, really cleaver. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Yeah UK, this worked out great and exactly as you expected, huh?

Cleaver?

Exactly. The government is vary cleaver = completely stupid.  

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I thought they did this a while ago. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Idk what they expected.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Idk what they expected.

They expected it to work. It didn't. 

I thought they did this a while ago. 

You get emailed when you visit a torrent site. Or at least BT do. They try and get you to purchase that one shitty film legally off iTunes or some other nasty source. 

They expected it to work. It didn't. 

You get emailed when you visit a torrent site. Or at least BT do. They try and get you to purchase that one shitty film legally off iTunes or some other nasty source. 

Idk about the UK but in Australia we had a case where one of our ISPs were asked to give the government information on people who pirate using their service, the ISP won the court battle when the went to the high court and it was found as a breach of the constitution. I think Australia has similar standards to the UK so I would of expected your equivalent constitutional enforcer to strike this down.

Also, we have one ISP that sends letters to people who pirate using their service. TPG they're called, my brother gets them all the time but just ignores them. It's illegal for them to use that information obtained illegally against you.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Hilarious how someone in the UK could just ask someone else in another country for a magnet string for X torrent and get around this.

You're never going to be able to block piracy. If it gets to the point where we'll ask someone from a 3rd world country for a hard drive with X, Y, and Z to ship it to us then so be it.

Idk about the UK but in Australia we had a case where one of our ISPs were asked to give the government information on people who pirate using their service, the ISP won the court battle when the went to the high court and it was found as a breach of the constitution. I think Australia has similar standards to the UK so I would of expected your equivalent constitutional enforcer to strike this down.

Also, we have one ISP that sends letters to people who pirate using their service. TPG they're called, my brother gets them all the time but just ignores them. It's illegal for them to use that information obtained illegally against you.

It was iinet who won the case which is why im switching to them when nbn guys come to my house next.

Hilarious how someone in the UK could just ask someone else in another country for a magnet string for X torrent and get around this.

You're never going to be able to block piracy. If it gets to the point where we'll ask someone from a 3rd world country for a hard drive with X, Y, and Z to ship it to us then so be it.

or proxy server it.....vpn any one

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

If they want to get rid of piracy, they have to just cut the internet on the UK, seriously, they keep trying like it's going to change anything.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Telstra already hands over meta data on customers to the government.   Fortunately the Australian government isn't interested in Australians downloading movies, they are interested in something a little more insidious.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/hometech/telstra-hands-over-web-browsing-data-without-warrants-20140830-106bjp.html

If they were after pirates they would be insisting on more content information as well.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Telstra already hands over meta data on customers to the government.   Fortunately the Australian government isn't interested in Australians downloading movies, they are interested in something a little more insidious.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/hometech/telstra-hands-over-web-browsing-data-without-warrants-20140830-106bjp.html

If they were after pirates they would be insisting on more content information as well.

Telstra give the government information that they believe is an issue of security for the Australian people. They do not give over information regarding piracy. At least, there are no reports of it. But I doubt they do since it's not something I think they would bother with.

They can try and block the websites but as long as I still have uTorrent I'm pretty much set.

Or..You know.. just dont pirate stuff?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They know it's not really going to work, but they just want to please the industry and deter a few pirate laymen on the way.

It's more about making a statement than it is actually fixing the problem.

Some day in the not too distant future the people running the show will be people who grew up with this stuff... and then all this fucking nonsense will stop.

Can't you just sue them? I mean that's personal data over there. If this happened to me I would be all over them.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Or..You know.. just dont pirate stuff?

and do what?

Can't you just sue them? I mean that's personal data over there. If this happened to me I would be all over them.

I'd rather not. I don't think it would be worth my time to get BT to fess up. There is the option to request the data they are holding against me though. All about the DPA

With BT somethings will get you linked to http://ukispcourtorders.co.uk even some proxies will be broken.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel