UK blocking piracy sites.

DildorTheDecent

Maybe, but there are TONS of cheaper photo and video editing packs if you only dabble

Like Sony Vegas platinum for £30 on amazon, perfectly good enough for 99% of peoples video editing, you only need Adobe Premier if you are actually a professional or do it for a job

But if you want to get yourself into the industry (speaking from game dev viewpoint now) noone will take a person who knows blender like the palm of his hand, but has never even tried 3DS Max, which is the industry standard, and used in some 75% of the studios ;) 

I think this situation goes under the, a mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

But if you want to get yourself into the industry (speaking from game dev viewpoint now) noone will take a person who knows blender like the palm of his hand, but has never even tried 3DS Max, which is the industry standard, and used in some 75% of the studios ;)

I think this situation goes under the, a mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do...

Maybe, but I highly doubt there are THAT many people that pirate that sort of stuff are actually trying to get into the industry. Besides most people doing that stuff will be students who either get it provided or get crazy discounts because of their UNI course in 3d design or whatever

A lot of people have those programs and just plain dont need anything that advanced but steal it anyway

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Maybe, but I highly doubt there are THAT many people that pirate that sort of stuff are actually trying to get into the industry. Besides most people doing that stuff will be students who either get it provided or get crazy discounts because of their UNI course in 3d design or whatever

A lot of people have those programs and just plain dont need anything that advanced but steal it anyway

Fair enough. I mean with autodesk, they have their students program, where you get their software for free, and i also got solidworks as a similar deal. But its still easier to just pirate and crack it, than go through a vigorous process of proving to them you are a student... -.-

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Fair enough. I mean with autodesk, they have their students program, where you get their software for free, and i also got solidworks as a similar deal. But its still easier to just pirate and crack it, than go through a vigorous process of proving to them you are a student... -.-

I wouldn't call it vigorous :P

Personally I do not have a single thing pirated on my whole PC and I see no reason or excuse to, if I cant afford it, I dont watch it, play it or use it. 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I wouldn't call it vigorous :P

Personally I do not have a single thing pirated on my whole PC and I see no reason or excuse to, if I cant afford it, I dont watch it, play it or use it. 

well lets call it tedious then :P especially when you go do it for the entire class xD

well lets call it tedious then :P especially when you go do it for the entire class xD

The student themselves can easily get the software themselves, its pretty straightforward to provide student details and get the software

The student themselves can easily get the software themselves, its pretty straightforward to provide student details and get the software

it is i know, but not when youre a stupid person :/ sorry but that process really went on my nerves when i did it for the tenth time, and then 20 times more

it is i know, but not when youre a stupid person :/ sorry but that process really went on my nerves when i did it for the tenth time, and then 20 times more

#firstworldproblems

a few minutes inconvenience for free or cheap software

EDIT: however this proves that piracy for most people is a service problem, if its easier to pirate your software than it is to buy it, you are doing something wrong as a software company ><

The 5 major ISPs in England have been doing this since May 30th 2012 when the UK high court passed a court order by Members of BPI (British Recorded Music Industry) Limited and of Phonographic Performance Limited to block The Pirate Bay in the UK, since then multiple other orders have been passed, here's the list taken from Sky.com

Its not really news, its been happening for 2 1/2 years.

Only knew a fraction of these sites existed. Time to go browsing with my Hola VPN :)

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

and do what?

Buy or don't buy the product. It's not hard to not get something because you don't want to pay for it. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Pretty sure that was Kim Dotcom owner of Mega Upload. and I remember that but not the pirate bay owner getting raided.

It happened in 2009 to the owner of tpb, this wiki page outlines the entire case from start to finish. They actually recently arrested the third guy they were after in this case.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_Bay#Incidents

A similar thing happened to Deimos, the owner of Demonoid too.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Sorry, fail post. Managed to qoute myself.

Derp.

Please delete Adkins.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Try buying it?

EDIT:

Also, yes you can, there are tons of records of people being fined

Never heard of people getting done for it. If it kicks up again I might take a look.

Also I get AutoCAD for free cos I'm a student, I don't get Adobe Photoshop CC however and I did pirate that. I am not a huge fan of GIMP cos 1) it's name 2) I'd rather learn Photoshop. As you can tell I've never actually used it.

Buy or don't buy the product. It's not hard to not get something because you don't want to pay for it.

If I bought Photoshop I'd see no return on it. Likewise with Sony Vegas for stringing together random game clips. I could use WMM but I want to learn how to use Vegas even though I may never touch it again.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Never heard of people getting done for it. If it kicks up again I might take a look.

Also I get AutoCAD for free cos I'm a student, I don't get Adobe Photoshop CC however and I did pirate that. I am not a huge fan of GIMP cos 1) it's name 2) I'd rather learn Photoshop. As you can tell I've never actually used it.

If I bought Photoshop I'd see no return on it. Likewise with Sony Vegas for stringing together random game clips. I could use WMM but I want to learn how to use Vegas even though I may never touch it again.

Just google it, there are tons of articles about it!!!! I know somebody who has had their PCs seized before too

"because id rather" "even though I wont use it again" - first world problems!!! Honestly they are not good reasons to steal software, because you dont like the name or would rather learn something else

You can get a copy of Sony Vegas for £30, its not the pro version but it works the same way , and you can get photoshop elements for cheap too, again its not as in depth but it works the same way, and is a good grounding into the program

If you will not see a return on your purchase, you do not need professional software.

It happened in 2009 to the owner of tpb, this wiki page outlines the entire case from start to finish. They actually recently arrested the third guy they were after in this case.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_Bay#Incidents

A similar thing happened to Deimos, the owner of Demonoid too.

Article says first raid was 2006. No surprising I don't remember a once I was 11 at the time and engrossed in the PSP.

But I can't remember about TBP being raided. They certainly where it seems.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Article says first raid was 2006. No surprising I don't remember a once I was 11 at the time and engrossed in the PSP.

But I can't remember about TBP being raided. They certainly where it seems.

Yeah, they got raided in 2006 but the guy absconded and it took them 3 years to bring him to trial hence the 3 year gap. As I said the third and final guy they wanted only got caught last month in Thailand, he managed 8 years on the run.

Try buying it?

EDIT:

Also, yes you can, there are tons of records of people being fined

Aren't most if not all punishments being scrapped next year in favour of educating people?

Just google it, there are tons of articles about it!!!! I know somebody who has had their PCs seized before too

People have been put to death by hanging in the UK. I guess that means that, currently, people are still hanged to death in the UK.

Oh wait.

Can people stop calling downloading a file "stealing"? Not even the law considers them the same thing. Saying someone is a thief for downloading a file is slander, and makes you look more idiotic than they ever possibly could.

People have been put to death by hanging in the UK. I guess that means that, currently, people are still hanged to death in the UK.

Oh wait.

Pretty sure online piracy was not around in Medieval times.... 

Can people stop calling downloading a file "stealing"? Not even the law considers them the same thing. Saying someone is a thief for downloading a file is slander, and makes you look more idiotic than they ever possibly could.

Its not theft in that there were 10 CDs, now there are 9 because you Pirated one, there are still 10 copies, but you still have the contents without paying

but the definition of stealing states "to take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it" That basically is the same tihng

You are using something without permission or legal right - is that not by definition stealing? Nowhere in the dictionary definition does it mention physical items

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stealing

U know what they say, "the best things are free" :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

People love dancing with words using technical loopholes for their corrupt warped thinking and beliefs. It's pretty blatant at this point. You want to try a product out.. go to the publishers website and download the DEMO. Not torrent the entire product (for free) and claim that you want to try when there is a 100% legal demo available. It's not that hard. Don't have the cash.. tough shit then.

People love dancing with words using technical loopholes for their corrupt warped thinking and beliefs. It's pretty blatant at this point. You want to try a product out.. go to the publishers website and download the DEMO. Not torrent the entire product (for free) and claim that you want to try when there is a 100% legal demo available. It's not that hard. Don't have the cash.. tough shit then.

Yes free trials exist but you get a limited view of the application. I've barely touched Adobe PhotoShop CC 2014 so if i paid monthly for it i wouldn't see any benefit. Far Cry 4 has no demo, i'll pirate it and make a judgement. If i like i buy it. If i don't like i delete it and move on. That system worked for AC:Black flag, ships i loved so i bought the game. Watch_Dogs looked meh and got deleted. 

My view on mainstream piracy is that its a distribution problem. I watch movies in the theater but won't buy the afterwards because I can't buy them and consume them the way I want. Also downloading a software is not illegal it is consuming it with out a license that is illegal.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc