PCMasterRace is Ignorant

Suika

Ill tell you something that I am getting really annoyed with on console and pc even though pc sometimes doesnt have as much of a problem with it. That is how rampant DLC has become. What I mean by that is we are all used to a developer releasing some sort of DLC for our games and we are usually happy about it but in the recent years devs have gotten to the point where they are gimping the story or multiplayer so much that the DLC is a must to enjoy the game how it was originally intended to be enjoyed for that full retail price. For example the new Destiny DLC everyone I know is pretty pissed because the DLC was so small yet it still costs the same amount of any larger DLC. I know its not the devs fault its the publishers but the devs are also to blame because they could easily make the game itself whole and still release DLC as an optional add-on instead of releasing 70-80% of a full game and requiring you to purchase DLC in order to get that 100% experience we initially paid for in the first place.

I believe that the DLC movement will be gamings 2nd down fall like we had back in the late 80s and early 90s from over-saturation of the market except this time it will be because everyone will loose faith in those developers/publishers they once thought cared about the consumer are showing they only care about money. One major example of this is DICE with Battlefield 4 releasing a half done game and still pushed their "season pass" just as hard without actually fixing the issues with the game first. If im not mistaken didnt it take them 8-9 months to finally get around to fixing all of the launch issues? If things keep going like this we will see a massive decline in gaming all together since it has become a trend across the board with sub-par consoles yes im talking about you Xbox One and sub-par games. Its pretty sad that developers are starting to make the same mistakes that previous devs did 20-25 years ago when gaming almost disappeared all together. 

Ill break it down we pay $60 on average for a AAA title and with how DLC used to be we got a full experience and a full game, but now we are still paying that original $60 plus an additional $30-45 on top of that $60 just to get 100% of a game. So essentially DLC as we knew it has disappeared and we are just flat out paying $90-115 for a retail game now. It's not like this in some cases especially on PC where there is a lot of MOD support and in those games you get user created content for free so the games at least in their multiplayer incarnations are full but thats only a small percentage of the games out there. Anyone who has been a gamer for 10 years or more would probably agree with me vs anyone who hasnt probably doesnt know the difference since how it is now is how they came into gaming and is the norm for them. Its going to take all gamers uniting as a whole to change this and make the publishers realize we are their lifeblood and if they piss us off they are nothing. 

which bit? :/ I guarantee you this is the only way it could have worked out. PC gamers aren't known for telling people how rubbish their gaming platform is as soon as they mention it. There's no reason for it. That's all on the console gamers.

When the original xbox cam out it had better graphics and performance than all PCs excpet for the extreme high end ones, which cost a lot more. And controls weren't too dissimilar, I still rember playing wolfenstien 3d on my old gamepad.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

When the original xbox cam out it had better graphics and performance than all PCs excpet for the extreme high end ones, which cost a lot more. And controls weren't too dissimilar, I still rember playing wolfenstien 3d on my old gamepad.

Ahhhhhhh

I remember those old gamepads...

ok, understand now.

I remember the pcmasterrace thing being just an innocent joke for long, and people who played the ps3/360 knew that PC had more graphical power. The entire thing really got lightened up with the latest gen when suddenly those console players though they had past PC graphical power for years to come. I also had friends telling me the same BS, but i still switched to PC anyway. Was completely done with Sony and the expensive games.

This thread shouldn't be going for so long.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

post-14986-0-61075700-1418384582.jpg

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

The best thing about being a part of the pc gaming master race, is the over the top yellow fabio super men we get to trot out.  I only wish there were more digital manifestations created to describe the differences between the master race and the console peasantry.

A guy did something similar when talking about human evolution and how we would eventually split into two species.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6057734.stm

It's great copy.  The highlights?

"The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures."

Someone needs to take this idea and run with it, and sketch out a population of pc gamers and console gamers in another thousand years.  Oh wait, they already created that.

812.jpg

More graphics, we need more!

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

PC master race is just a joke that ran too long. Consoles can provide a better gaming experience in a more complete and social context. I easily have more fun playing consoles with friends than PC (AAA games). Pleasure is not a measurable entity. But games like dota and csgo are unique to the PC and is still very noteworthy.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

But a controller has gradual control over everything pretty much as even if you steer with your mouse, throttle and brake will still have 2 settings, on or off.

yeah, but if you use manual you're either going up or down in rpm/gears anyway.

yeah, but if you use manual you're either going up or down in rpm/gears anyway.

FFS if you don't understand what granular means, don't try to be a smartass about it.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

I think I'm late to the game, but at least most places on the internet (at least the parts of the Internet that I roam in) are being sarcastic about it. Although I am a strong advocate for PC gaming, I can see why people buy consoles.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Just built a $500 Gaming PC with a AMD FX-6300 3.5Ghz 6 CORE, 8GB of RAM, a 1TB Hardrive and a R9 270x DEVIL 2GB GDDR5

This system easily wrecks the Xbox One and PS4 and costs only $100 more. With not paying for Xbox Live and Game sales, you easily will save the money

to make up for the extra $100 spent on the system. Console Gamers, your done.

My System has a Intel Core i7 4790k @4.5ghz Cooled by A Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO With a MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Memory.

You forgot the unspoken of benefit (I DO NOT CONDONE THIS NOR DO I DO THIS, JUST BRINGING IT UP):

>With a PC most users pirate their games that they don't want to play online, saving them money. Not really something that is advertised as a money saver, but most pc techs keep in the "dark" about this "perk". 

Yes you can hack a console, but it takes way more work; and usually a game is cracked within hours if not minutes of release (unless DRM)

Not trying to break the rules, stating obvious truth. DO NOT CONDONE NOR PRACTICE

You forgot the unspoken of benefit (I DO NOT CONDONE THIS NOR DO I DO THIS, JUST BRINGING IT UP):

>With a PC most users pirate their games that they don't want to play online, saving them money. Not really something that is advertised as a money saver, but most pc techs keep in the "dark" about this "perk". 

Yes you can hack a console, but it takes way more work; and usually a game is cracked within hours if not minutes of release (unless DRM)

Not trying to break the rules, stating obvious truth. DO NOT CONDONE NOR PRACTICE

If you get the original Xbox, it only takes 10 minutes to softmod it, if not less. Plus another 12-20 minutes to upgrade the HDD, which in itself depending on the version of the console go to 3TB. And after a soft mod you can copy games to the HDD and movies. You can effectively turn it into an excellent media center that is also able to play games. My friend put me onto this and even went as far as to chip his xbox and add extra ram (only half of the possible max is installed) and as a result he was able to do a lot more with his console than any new one is capable of.

Edit: don't forget the benefit of being able to play system link over a VPN-still

PMSL

If you aren't going to use your PC for anything other than playing console-centric games, in terms of graphical fidelity and optimization a console is better for the price.

I have a high-end PC and I still use my console occasionally, primarily for playing with my friends that also have consoles or playing co-op games with people that don't own their own computer.

Playing co-op with someone on one system with a PC is far less optimized and doesn't work in many games.

Local multiplayer on the PC isn't really a platform limitation.  It's a cost issue for the studio and/or publisher.  There is nothing inherent to PCs which would otherwise prevent multiple mice and keyboard configurations on the same system.  Most modern computers come with at least six USB 2.0 ports it seems.  With graphics cards supporting multiple monitors, this should allow players to have their own separate monitors on the same system.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Let's be perfectly clear here: the GloriousPCGamingMasterrace did not start this fanboy war. it was console fanboys who started the fanboy war. Before this war started, we never had a reason to hate the console. It was just an alternative platform on which to play games. there was no need to debate which was more powerful because we knew that we were superior. The console side started this thing because they know that our hardware is superior, but for fear of looking like idiots for having inferior hardware, they started over-defensively protecting the console as a machine. here's how the war began. two friends are at school or wherever...

Console: So you're into gaming right?

PC: Yeah, I'm pretty hardcore.

Console: So, yeah.... Hey do you wanna hang out on Xbox live sometime?

PC: Oh, um... sorry, but I don't have an Xbox.

Console: Huh? then what do you play on?

PC: Well, I play on my PC...

Console: Aww, man you need to get an Xbox, it's way more fun, you can play with multiple people at the same time,

PC: You can do that on a PC anyway.

Console: Well, you can play from your couch.

PC: Do that on a PC too.

Console: Console has better graphics

PC: (confused at this point)...really? I don't think it does, I mean, I don't mind, but I like having tons of Anti-Aliasing...

Console (getting more defensive) no, it's way better on a console...--

And so then it turned into this massive defend-fest with spouted claims that consoles have better controls or graphics or exclusive titles or "BEING CHEAPER", all of which are objectively false and subjectively debatable to a fault. The PC gamers never saw this coming. we just sort of walked into it and there it was, all of a sudden console gamers hate our guts. And now with Ubisoft coming out with these ludicrous claims that 30fps at 792p feels more cinematic and then capping the performance on the ports to OUR gaming platform at the behest of Microsoft and Sony, it has just gotten so unbearable that the PCGMR just lost it, and we tore the consoles to shreds. It didn't use to be like this. we had our games, and the consoles had theirs, now it's turned into a great pissing contest for who can have the most performance, and we won that argument so badly that the console side decided to turn the argument on its head and argue that less performance is "better". That is why we are so vehemently opposed to console fanboys. We're fine with the consoles. We don't really care about them. We just don't appreciate people trying to convince us of things that both sides know full well are not true.

I RESPECT!

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

If you get the original Xbox, it only takes 10 minutes to softmod it, if not less. Plus another 12-20 minutes to upgrade the HDD, which in itself depending on the version of the console go to 3TB. And after a soft mod you can copy games to the HDD and movies. You can effectively turn it into an excellent media center that is also able to play games. My friend put me onto this and even went as far as to chip his xbox and add extra ram (only half of the possible max is installed) and as a result he was able to do a lot more with his console than any new one is capable of.

Okay the original xbox is like gaming on DOS (more like xp 10 years ago, if not more); that does not count since XB1 is the newest. 

The part people forget is: A gaming PC is not just for games, it's a fucking fully fledged PC too! You can do anything you want, on top of game like a champ!

Personally my graphics card is almost the price of a console, I do not fancy consoles -- but have nothing against them -- they're for casual gamer. Turn on, play, turn off. (Yes there's the CoD + Doritos stereotype)

It's a matter of personal preference, computer intellect (if you can build one), if you really want to game with the best graphics, at the best frame-rates, how much money you want to spend, and how often you game.

The build a cheapo computer for the price of a console is not a super viable argument. It's up to how much you love computers, gaming, and how much you are willing/able to spend!

Edit: 

Two Words: Skyrim Mods

Edited by marat569

congrats on your 500th post!

<3

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Local multiplayer on the PC isn't really a platform limitation.  It's a cost issue for the studio and/or publisher.  There is nothing inherent to PCs which would otherwise prevent multiple mice and keyboard configurations on the same system.  Most modern computers come with at least six USB 2.0 ports it seems.  With graphics cards supporting multiple monitors, this should allow players to have their own separate monitors on the same system.

On my Mum's old 386, she actually had 2 game ports on it, and using controllers or a controller/keyboard we were able to play games like jazz jack rabbit on it in multiplayer. Its a shame that XP was the last Microsoft OS to officially support game port drivers.

PMSL

Okay the original xbox is like gaming on DOS (more like xp 10 years ago, if not more); that does not count since XB1 is the newest. 

The part people forget is: A gaming PC is not just for games, it's a fucking fully fledged PC too! You can do anything you want, on top of game like a champ!

Personally my graphics card is almost the price of a console, I do not fancy consoles -- but have nothing against them -- they're for casual gamer. Turn on, play, turn off. (Yes there's the CoD + Doritos stereotype)

It's a matter of personal preference, computer intellect (if you can build one), if you really want to game with the best graphics, at the best frame-rates, how much money you want to spend, and how often you game.

The build a cheapo computer for the price of a console is not a super viable argument. It's up to how much you love computers, gaming, and how much you are willing/able to spend!

Edit: 

Two Words: Skyrim Mods

Got a gaming PC with 28 texture/environment mods for Skyrim so far :P. My point was that the newer consoles suck compared to it (the ps3 and 360 are debatable, but the 360 is a pain in the ass to mod-couldn't do it to my friends, just one look at how much work was needed, and how easily things could go wrong, I said 'fuck that, your better off with a ps3 if you want a modded console')

PMSL

Got a gaming PC with 28 texture/environment mods for Skyrim so far :P. My point was that the newer consoles suck compared to it (the ps3 and 360 are debatable, but the 360 is a pain in the ass to mod-couldn't do it to my friends, just one look at how much work was needed, and how easily things could go wrong, I said 'fuck that, your better off with a ps3 if you want a modded console')

720p + "30fps" [when nothing is happening] is not really a selling point. I actually expected way more from the PS4/XB1, but really it's just a money sink.

720p + "30fps" [when nothing is happening] is not really a selling point. I actually expected way more from the PS4/XB1, but really it's just a money sink.

Is it actually possible to do system link with the newer Xbox's through a VPN? Because that to me is a way to save shitloads of money.

PMSL

Is it actually possible to do system link with the newer Xbox's through a VPN? Because that to me is a way to save shitloads of money.

That sounded like trying to burn a dinosaur on your doughnut because his color was strawberry.