Stupidity of console gamer fanboys

Calavera

Hey guys.  :lol:

There's been quite a lot of talk about the new consoles, Xbox One and PS4 - what I've read quite a few times is that there are a lot of people that KNOW the difference yet they stick to the worse of the 2 just because they liked the old one or for whatever reason.

I know of a severe case of that, a family member of mine currently has a Xbox 360 and is willing to upgrade to the new console.

I asked him what console he would choose and he replied "Xbox One" - I told him that it has worse specs, it's more expensive and that things like trading games over is basically not possible. He replied "I am and will be a Xbox fanboy" 

I understand that people are happy with what they have, but knowing that the new version will have all those downsides to it... wouldn't that make a normal person want to switch? :wacko:

I am sure there are a lot of people here that have an opinion on this, not so much the console but the fact that people refuse to give up their current way of gaming for something else... 

Feel free to tell me your story.  ^_^

I am not a console gamer by the way, I am a PC gamer but I like how these upgrades will affect our games as well, as "the bar" has been raised - improving our games as well.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Some people will live by their favorite console platform, and perhaps even go as far as to die for it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Some people will live by their favorite console platform, and perhaps even go as far as to die for it.

I know what it would be like for me to switch to a console instead of a PC but knowing that thing has better specs, more features and above all is cheaper - I don't see what the problem is.

Besides, Xbox One and PS4 are quite similar, both a controller and stuff, unlike a normal PC.

Even for the looks I wouldn't complain either way, I like how they both look - but that's not what matters in my opinion.

My case looks butt-ugly - barely any proper wiring and stuff, as long as it works.

I'm a PC enthusiast, but I'm excited for the PS4 mainly for three titles, the next Final Fantasy, Persona 5, and Kingdom Hearts 3

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I've tried most consoles really, even dreamcast O.o

I personally prefer that every console has their own part of the market and that there should always be competition.

just funny that now fanboy-ism have really been so different, before you'd just go on a crazy argument then you're out of breath and move on...

but yea not quite sure why people are a bit off... these days, must be the pollution, conspiracy... lol xD

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

I personally like the Xbox One more than the PS4 just because I've never been a fan of Sony's user interfaces/experiences all that much. That and I do like games like Halo, so...

But all the console wars are pretty annoying. And PC gamers that go "pc master race hurr".

Trying to get my brother to tell his friends to convert to either PC or PS4.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Well personally I don't believe in fanboying any sort of tech cause it changes too fast unlike other things like clothes and stuff which are of a same quality throughout a company.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I used to be an xbox gamer for about 2 years and I still go on it every few months or so but seriously how could you want an xbox one after all microsoft has done to destroy it? The best console right now is defiantly the ps4 and even then I wouldn't get one until it drops in price or the next revision comes out. I'm seriously you would have to be crazy to want a new console at this time.

At least your brother should go for a Ps4, The xbox one is a big fail.

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

PlayStation has been mocking Microsoft with their youtube videos. Especially with that "How to share your games on PS4" one. Fanboying Xbox now is just a little bit stupid. But hey, it's their money and if it makes them happy with what they buy, then who am I to judge.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

So exclusives make or break consoles, right?

What makes Microsoft's exclusives compelling enough for people to buy into Xbox?  They're mostly gritty action/shooter games, which are sickeningly ubiquitous in the gaming world.

The Sony side has so much more iconic and varied exclusives, and you still get all the Call of Doodies and the Battlefields you want.  And Sony seems to be much more indie friendly, so more awesome low-profile games.

I really don't see a logical reason to buy an Xbox.  Unless you HAVE to have Halo for some strange reason.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

So exclusives make or break consoles, right?

What makes Microsoft's exclusives compelling enough for people to buy into Xbox?  They're mostly gritty action/shooter games, which are sickeningly ubiquitous in the gaming world.

The Sony side has so much more iconic and varied exclusives, and you still get all the Call of Doodies and the Battlefields you want.  And Sony seems to be much more indie friendly, so more awesome low-profile games.

I really don't see a logical reason to buy an Xbox.  Unless you HAVE to have Halo for some strange reason.

Well if we are talking exclusives then all most console gamers care about is cod which xbox gets one month earlier in terms of dlc items and packs. Its stupid that one game would make or break all of that but its true.

Did I hear this right or does Xbox One not allow aftermarket headsets whils PS4 does?

I always hated watching Xbox 360 videos in which they used the microphones ingame... everyone sounds the same with that.

PC is a better platform for a reason, i will miss playing halo but there is no way im paying $600 so i can play halo.

I will be enjoying my awesome rig, no online restrictions, ability to play music and tv on my other screen and of course my better

gameplay and graphics.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

tbh Every fanboy is stupid not just console fanboys. Whenever i buy things like electronic devices its because of what it can do for its price and what i need it to do, not the label on it

Hey guys.  :lol:

There's been quite a lot of talk about the new consoles, Xbox One and PS4 - what I've read quite a few times is that there are a lot of people that KNOW the difference yet they stick to the worse of the 2 just because they liked the old one or for whatever reason.

I know of a severe case of that, a family member of mine currently has a Xbox 360 and is willing to upgrade to the new console.

I asked him what console he would choose and he replied "Xbox One" - I told him that it has worse specs, it's more expensive and that things like trading games over is basically not possible. He replied "I am and will be a Xbox fanboy" 

I understand that people are happy with what they have, but knowing that the new version will have all those downsides to it... wouldn't that make a normal person want to switch? :wacko:

I am sure there are a lot of people here that have an opinion on this, not so much the console but the fact that people refuse to give up their current way of gaming for something else... 

Feel free to tell me your story.  ^_^

I am not a console gamer by the way, I am a PC gamer but I like how these upgrades will affect our games as well, as "the bar" has been raised - improving our games as well.

Well siad, couldn't have been said as a better quate by anyone else...

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Well siad, couldn't have been said as a better quate by anyone else...

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Heres what, I'm 12 and I just build a pc today! What will other consle gamers have done, ubox, plug and play xbox account?

I did post a quetion here about no POST, fixed it WITHOUT ANY HELP!

Make him sit and play the games on a pc for a couple of hours.

Fixed!

Quite hilarious how there's like atleast 30% of the console gamers that are like "OMG these graphics, thank god technology for developing so much!"  whilst that has been possible on PC for YEARS  :rolleyes:

Fortunately, all of my friends are smart so I don't have to explain these things to them lol

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Make him sit and play the games on a pc for a couple of hours.

Fixed!

also might want to make it a blind test where he won't know its on a pc until you open a closet thats near the tv and has cables running from it:D otherwise he might refuse even looking at it....

Ill buy both. Sadly.

I am a gamer, not the definition of todays gamer but rather the definition of gamer from 10+ years ago. I want to play everything. MGS5 specifically but Kojima/Konami should have David Hayter redo all the voice acting. So sad.. T___T