Stupidity of console gamer fanboys

Calavera

That picture is extremely biased. First of all, what settings is it running at? They don't even tell us at all. It's console propaganda.

You do realize that most of the PC's picture is blurred out by the fog, too, right?

To be fair it could be biased. Disregard if picture if you like, the point is you can't get better performance from a $400 PC. 

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I've already seen videos about building a higher spec PC for the same price that will apparently "KILL" the new gen consoles.

NO, IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!

It really pisses me off, especially considering Elric from New Egg did it, seriously man even you're that stupid?

The games are optimized for the console because the developers know exactly what hardware the game will be running off.

The optimization means incredible performance (I'm talking equivalent to a $1500 gaming pc) from low end hardware.

In fact, the CTO at EA had this to say 

http://games.on.net/2013/05/ea-exec-claims-xbox-one-and-ps4-a-generation-ahead-of-a-high-end-pc/

I don't know about the highest end PC's, but whether you hate EA or not you should accept that the Chief Technology Officer of a company like that would know a thing or two about hardware performance, and hes probably right.

PS4-vs-PC-640x353.jpg

That PC on the right has a 680.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/152511-unreal-engine-4-looks-much-better-on-the-pc-compared-to-the-ps4

I own a decent gaming PC (refer to footer) and I also bought a PS3 that I never really use because I have my PC, so I don't meet the criteria for the console fanboy label, if anything I'm a PC fanboy and this is far from bias.

The PC is already one generation newer yet the PS4 will never have better graphics than it does in that video.

Besides, I don't see anything wrong with the picture on the right (or video) it looks like the contrast is off, but there is a lot more detail in the right picture than the left. Look at the rocks in the background or the flames near the top. No particle effects on the PS4, no details in the rocks or lava.

To be fair it could be biased. Disregard if picture if you like, the point is you can't get better performance from a $400 PC.

If developers took the liberty of optimizing PC games, you can.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If developers took the liberty of optimizing PC games, you can.

Well they can't. The different combinations of possible hardware configurations is huge.

The optimization means incredible performance (I'm talking equivalent to a $1500 gaming pc) from low end hardware.

No. Sorry, that's false. Besides, in what time-frame?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Well they can't. The different combinations of possible hardware configurations is huge.

It's not that they can't, it's that there are too few PC gamers. If there were more, of course there would be more support for it!

Besides, I don't see anything wrong with the picture on the right (or video) it looks like the contrast is off, but there is a lot more detail in the right picture than the left. Look at the rocks in the background or the flames near the top. No particle effects on the PS4, no details in the rocks or lava.

Exactly, notice how on the PS4 the rock's lack of detail is hidden by a shadow.

It's not that they can't, it's that there are too few PC gamers. If there were more, of course there would be more support for it!

If only they did right? We need to start converting the console gamers lol.

No. Sorry, that's false. Besides, in what time-frame?

Is there anything that you do, education or employment, that would warrant your opinion about hardware performance more valid than the Chief Technology Officer of EA?

If only they did right? We need to start converting the console gamers lol.

Technologies like Nvidia GRID and SHIELD should mark the beginning.

Technologies like Nvidia GRID and SHIELD should mark the beginning.

Holy tits I didn't really think about that. What about when we have Grid technology and Oculus Rift stations in most homes, and people are running around in an online playing field, interacting with each other 0:

We will be alive for this.

Holy tits I didn't really think about that. What about when we have Grid technology and Oculus Rift stations in most homes, and people are running around in an online playing field, interacting with each other 0:

We will be alive for this.

I don't think that SHIELD itself is the answer, though. I can see Nvidia being greedy about it and restricting, say, AMD GPUs and that sort of thing. But the concept is stellar.

Is there anything that you do, education or employment, that would warrant your opinion about hardware performance more valid than the Chief Technology Officer of EA?

Please compare the CPU and GPU in the PS4 to current PC hardware and tell me he's right. The consoles use Jaguar cores. AMD's FX chips crush the CPU half already. Even the FX 4300. Do you think AMD would make something more powerful in the consoles than their PC hardware? The hardware in the consoles is basically suped-up APUs. I only need facts to my statements more valid than what the CTO says.

I don't think that SHIELD itself is the answer, though. I can see Nvidia being greedy about it and restricting, say, AMD GPUs and that sort of thing. But the concept is stellar.

I agree that shield won't do much. My friends that don't have gaming PCs are hesitant on building one due to the higher initial price of hardware and the learning curve of PC maintenance. Add on that the $300 price tag of shield and I think it requires a GTX 6xx series card or newer (I'm not too sure) to stream to the the shield, it naturally becomes more of a supplement to the existing PC gaming market.

I think it requires a GTX 6xx series card or newer (I'm not too sure) to stream to the the shield

Yes it does.

Please compare the CPU and GPU in the PS4 to current PC hardware and tell me he's right. The consoles use Jaguar cores. AMD's FX chips crush the CPU half already. Even the FX 4300. Do you think AMD would make something more powerful in the consoles than their PC hardware? The hardware in the consoles is basically suped-up APUs. I only need facts to my statements more valid than what the CTO says.

Yes I know that. The CTO knows that too. The point was you can't build a PC that will out-perform a console for the same price because consoles use less expensive hardware and rely on software optimization.

Yes I know that. The CTO knows that too. The point was you can't build a PC that will out-perform a console for the same price because consoles use less expensive hardware and rely on software optimization.

Maybe. Only time will tell. I'll put his claims(and effectively yours) to the test once the PS4 and Xbox One have had enough time to become optimized.

I agree that shield won't do much. My friends that don't have gaming PCs are hesitant on building one due to the higher initial price of hardware and the learning curve of PC maintenance. Add on that the $300 price tag of shield and I think it requires a GTX 6xx series card or newer (I'm not too sure) to stream to the the shield, it naturally becomes more of a supplement to the existing PC gaming market.

Not to mention that SHIELD's specs suck to begin with. Why a 720p screen? Is it really that hard to implement a better one? The supported GPUs can handle it, not to mention that it wouldn't cost much at all (a Galaxy S4 costs $237 to make and still has a higher resolution display in a smaller area).

not their not, they at least are basing that on facts. its a fact that PC is better than a console in nearly every way possible. while someone who buys the worst product just because he like the brand, is an idiot:)

Yes they are, and you're joining in on the circlejerk. (some) Non-US regions can't build a computer remotely close to the price tag of the Playstation 4. Where I am it will require double the money to build something that can compete with it. You also have to take into account that software developers are optimizing the software for the hardware. Impossible on PC. Now before you go 'oh u a console fanboi lolol' which I know someone will do, I own a gaming PC myself and am looking forward to running Watch_Dogs on it :)

I blame SEGA and "blast processing" for getting the whole "fanboy" thing going with gamers... 

That is all I have to add to this thread... for now...  :P

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Let the, be. I myself am going to be getting the Xbox One eventually because I actually prefer the exclusives and I much rather prefer the Xbox style controller. My friends also have Xbox so it'll be the only way I play online with them. I have a gaming pc and I'm building another one. Just because someone prefers a console doesn't mean the are stupid, there might be underlying reasons for why they prefer it like us with PCs.

This is exactly what I didn't mean with this thread, I meant to talk about why people refuse to switch from Xbox to PlayStation - not the switch between PC and Console.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Although I like the discussion we're having here, I didn't mean to talk about this exactly.

What I meant was that people refuse to switch from Xbox to Playstation, not the transition between PC and Console. 

I mean, what's the big selling point of Xbox One at this point, besides the fact that your friends got it?

I for one would convince my friends to buy a PS4 (I am a PC gamer) and thus be able to play with them on the PlayStation instead of Xbox.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

<p>well, as for me, i started out console (from atari 5600->NES->SuperNES->Playstation->2 PS2->5 PS3), then woke up and finally built my PC (with some help).  BIG difference in every way...but with that, i am still loyal (fanboy) for sony. i mean from what was shown at the E3 conference, there is alot to be excited about for that price.  the games (especially Destiny and Killzone) looks great... granted i know they'ed look even more spectacular if they were on PC.  all i'm saying is, i'm glad i got my PC for those multiplatform games but i'll definately get the PS4 for those Xclusives as well.  </p>

<p> </p>

<p>EDIT: staying on topic, yeah i have told my friends that i would not cross over to XBOX ever, since their Xclusives never appealed to me.  there maybe a few games i was probably interested in, but none were that compelling enough for me to switch over.  multiplayer games was/is what XBOX was selling at those time, i'm more of a single player type gamer and were just use to how the PS worked.  i was one of the few that are out there that never got "cross-chat"... i mean, if i were playing my "Disgaea" games, i didn't want to hear from my friends saying," uh, hey lets play COD...".  again, i'm probably just one of the few that think like that...</p>

its not about the consoles its about the controllers i think. unlike pc were you can buy a mouse the right size for you your stuck with the proprietary one. i have a ps3 and i have used the xbox. and i find the larger size of the xbox controller harder to use. but i know alot of people like it and wouldnt want to switch.

its not about the consoles its about the controllers i think. unlike pc were you can buy a mouse the right size for you your stuck with the proprietary one. i have a ps3 and i have used the xbox. and i find the larger size of the xbox controller harder to use. but i know alot of people like it and wouldnt want to switch.

You can get the PS3/Xbox controller for the PC. (The PS3 controller requires a hack though).

I think there are a number of issues that have hindered the growth of PC gaming, some of which are the

- Lack of friends playing if they switch;

- Cost;

- Lack of knowledge around the subject;

- Portability;

- and the discomfort of building a computer and maintaining it.