Stupidity of console gamer fanboys

Calavera

Specs don't matter on consoles, its about popularity. Both consoles this gen are pretty much identical anyways. I would buy a One because I play Xbox and Xbox 360 for halo. Haven't played 4 yet.

yup for consoles they will code for the lowest common denominator and port it to the more powerful one. The only true difference is going to be first party games. I'm getting an Xbox one in due time because I still like the console experience, I like the exclusives for the one, and my friends generally play on the Xbox rather than pc or play station (I have a couple of friends that play pc or ps but Xbox outnumbers them serversl times over)

Exactly, no one wins by having better hardware really. COD isn't gunna look better on one system than the other.

I disagree with both of you completely.

The whole reason why people were excited that the consoles would be much more like PCs this go around was because it would make porting easier to PC or to Console (depending on which system they decided to build for first) which would mean it would be done better and PC gamers would get better games in some way or another.

However, the same is now true that it will be far easier to port a game from one console to another when it comes to XB1 and PS4. They are essentially the same thing, but with slightly different hardware set up in a slightly different fashion.

I imagine porting from one to the other would be as simple as moving the game from a PC that has 2333MHz RAM to one with 1600MHz RAM. Or a GTX 780 to an AMD 7790. All that would really have to be done is change a few settings from high to medium or shorten the draw distance. With the only exception being the features of the consoles themselves, such as PS4's streaming capabilities or XB1's triple OS scheme.

But those are not very "game related" and so I doubt would hinder graphical capabilities. 

As for if they are different hardware-wise, they are. GDDR5 > DDR3 for GPU related stuff. The PS4 has a secondary CPU to handle background stuff like downloads, streaming, video encoding, etc. That leaves more CPU power for the games. 

My point: In my honest opinion, you are both wrong. Their hardware is different than each other, if only slightly, but very similar to PC's and it will matter and reflect itself in the games coming out a year from now as the current ones could possibly be held back by the PS3/XB360 and such.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I disagree with both of you completely.

The whole reason why people were excited that the consoles would be much more like PCs this go around was because it would make porting easier to PC or to Console (depending on which system they decided to build for first) which would mean it would be done better and PC gamers would get better games in some way or another.

However, the same is now true that it will be far easier to port a game from one console to another when it comes to XB1 and PS4. They are essentially the same thing, but with slightly different hardware set up in a slightly different fashion.

I imagine porting from one to the other would be as simple as moving the game from a PC that has 2333MHz RAM to one with 1600MHz RAM. Or a GTX 780 to an AMD 7790. All that would really have to be done is change a few settings from high to medium or shorten the draw distance. With the only exception being the features of the consoles themselves, such as PS4's streaming capabilities or XB1's triple OS scheme.

But those are not very "game related" and so I doubt would hinder graphical capabilities. 

As for if they are different hardware-wise, they are. GDDR5 > DDR3 for GPU related stuff. The PS4 has a secondary CPU to handle background stuff like downloads, streaming, video encoding, etc. That leaves more CPU power for the games. 

My point: In my honest opinion, you are both wrong. Their hardware is different than each other, if only slightly, but very similar to PC's and it will matter and reflect itself in the games coming out a year from now as the current ones could possibly be held back by the PS3/XB360 and such.

Good response, we will have to see how much of a difference there is between the 3 platforms.

I encourage people to game on whatever they feel like. I don't care if that's a PC, PS4, Xbone, WiiU, Mobile Phone. The important thing is for people to have fun.

That being said, I dislike it when a console gamer tries to get in my face for being a PC gamer with really stupid claims regarding graphics and general performance. I don't bother with the game selection aspect, since all systems have their own lists of pros and cons there. It just baffles me, more than anything, that people believe a 6 year old piece of hardware can compete with one built today. If that were the case, Sony and Microsoft would go for longer refresh cycles. But it's not; clearly the hardware is getting dated, M$ and Sony know that, and because of that we're seeing refreshes to both products. It gives me the same twitchy feeling as when an American tries so hard to convince me blood is blue.

There are plenty of reasons for someone sticking to a specific console but not switching to another. What if they have a massive friends list on xbox but if they were to switch to playstation they would have no one to play with. At the end of the day the average consumer will dwell on these when deciding on a console, "I want to play the newest CoD, my friend is buying CoD and is getting a Xbox one therefore I will buy a X1 to play with him."  "The X1 is 100 dollars more expensive than the PS4 so it must be better." "It says Xbox, and it's the newest one so I am getting it because it says xbox." But all of those downsides you have stated are pretty much gone now, they just changed it so the kinect doesn't need to be plugged in to use the X1 anymore. All of their policies are pretty much the same as Sony's by now.