Stupidity of console gamer fanboys

Calavera

People who are all 'lol console peasants PC Master Race' are just as bad.

Some people will live by their favorite console platform, and perhaps even go as far as to die for it.

This, its kind of like the Intel vs AMD and Nvidia vs AMD battles. Those who are loyal to one brand will stick with it even if it is worse. 

But the PS4 and Xbone are very different, some people might actually use the features in the Xbox and they don't care about the specs. And honestly, I doubt that there will be a big difference performance between the two consoles. They have very similar CPUs and GPUs, only major difference is the RAM type and how it is used. 

One thing I am hoping for is that maybe now games will use more RAM by having biger maps or better textures. Do better textures use RAM or Vram?

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Do better textures use RAM or Vram?

Maybe both. Stored in RAM temporarily and then sent to the video card later.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm a PC enthusiast, but I'm excited for the PS4 mainly for three titles, the next Final Fantasy, Persona 5, and Kingdom Hearts 3

also watch dogs looks amazing and im not sure it will come out on pc and destiny looks awesome as well, i personally can't wait to get my hands on my ps4 :D

i was thinking of getting a wii u and waiting a year or 2 before getting the ps4 (after the inevitable price drop) and i thought the wii u was gonna get a price drop but it seems like it isn't and that makes the ps4 VERY appealing 

This, its kind of like the Intel vs AMD and Nvidia vs AMD battles. Those who are loyal to one brand will stick with it even if it is worse. 

But the PS4 and Xbone are very different, some people might actually use the features in the Xbox and they don't care about the specs. And honestly, I doubt that there will be a big difference performance between the two consoles. They have very similar CPUs and GPUs, only major difference is the RAM type and how it is used. 

One thing I am hoping for is that maybe now games will use more RAM by having biger maps or better textures. Do better textures use RAM or Vram?

the great thing about the new consoles being octa-cores is that we probably will finally see good multicore optimization

also watch dogs looks amazing and im not sure it will come out on pc

Watch Dogs is coming to PC.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Yup. Take a look at the platform list on Gamespot. http://www.gamespot.com/watch-dogs/

Let the, be. I myself am going to be getting the Xbox One eventually because I actually prefer the exclusives and I much rather prefer the Xbox style controller. My friends also have Xbox so it'll be the only way I play online with them. I have a gaming pc and I'm building another one. Just because someone prefers a console doesn't mean the are stupid, there might be underlying reasons for why they prefer it like us with PCs.

also watch dogs looks amazing and im not sure it will come out on pc and destiny looks awesome as well, i personally can't wait to get my hands on my ps4 :D

i was thinking of getting a wii u and waiting a year or 2 before getting the ps4 (after the inevitable price drop) and i thought the wii u was gonna get a price drop but it seems like it isn't and that makes the ps4 VERY appealing 

I'm already a member of a petition begging for Ubisoft to bring it to the PC (Destiny). I hope this doesn't go against ToS but I'm going to link it in case you are interested.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/release-destiny-on-pc

There's also one for the division game (which looks amazing btw)

https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-release-tom-clancy-s-the-division-for-pc

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Im not planning to get any console anytime soon, but I want the PS4 to outsell the XboxOne because I dont like Microsoft new approach to the gaming business.

It doesn't matter how many posts, or youtube rants or whatever people make. If the XboxOne sells like hot pancakes (like it will surely do..), then they will continue with those console policies. Be sure to see more restrictions, more DRM, more mandatory Internet connection. I don't care how many good games or TV series or whatever they try to sell me. If that is your approach to the gaming industry....then you are the bad guys for me.

I know someone who has a decent gaming PC (2600K w/6870) but games on a PS3  :blink:.

I do notice many people who used to own a PS2 and then bought a PS3 just because of that... Some people also choose based just on exclusive titles like Halo or Uncharted.

I know someone who has a decent gaming PC (2600K w/6870) but games on a PS3  :blink: .

Does he use his PC at all for gaming?

I'm already a member of a petition begging for Ubisoft to bring it to the PC (Destiny). I hope this doesn't go against ToS but I'm going to link it in case you are interested.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/release-destiny-on-pc

There's also one for the division game (which looks amazing btw)

https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-release-tom-clancy-s-the-division-for-pc

not very excited about division honestly idk why though :P i forget, isn't destiny f2p?

Does he use his PC at all for gaming?

AFAIK not at all. He does most of his assignments on his laptop too so it's just there gathering dust...

AFAIK not at all. He does most of his assignments on his laptop too so it's just there gathering dust...

What a waste of money.

People who are all 'lol console peasants PC Master Race' are just as bad.

not their not, they at least are basing that on facts. its a fact that PC is better than a console in nearly every way possible. while someone who buys the worst product just because he like the brand, is an idiot:)

not their not, they at least are basing that on facts. its a fact that PC is better than a console in nearly every way possible. while someone who buys the worst product just because he like the brand, is an idiot:)

Not entirely true. Yes keyboard and mouse are more accurate for shooters, but that doesn't mean it's what everyone will prefer. I can say that I plug in my Xbox controller to my pc when I'm casually playing. Consoles have easier multiplayer organization in my opinion. I like how the Xbox does it by just joining a friends game and not having to jump between steam, origin, etc. Xbox live chat was very easy to use compared to dealing with Skype, vent, etc.

I am a PC gamer but I can understand why people would prefer buying a console. Just cause a console is the "worst" product to you doesn't mean it is the worst for everyone.

I've already seen videos about building a higher spec PC for the same price that will apparently "KILL" the new gen consoles.

NO, IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!

It really pisses me off, especially considering Elric from New Egg did it, seriously man even you're that stupid?

The games are optimized for the console because the developers know exactly what hardware the game will be running off.

The optimization means incredible performance (I'm talking equivalent to a $1500 gaming pc) from low end hardware.

In fact, the CTO at EA had this to say 

These architectures are a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market

http://games.on.net/2013/05/ea-exec-claims-xbox-one-and-ps4-a-generation-ahead-of-a-high-end-pc/

I don't know about the highest end PC's, but whether you hate EA or not you should accept that the Chief Technology Officer of a company like that would know a thing or two about hardware performance, and hes probably right.

PS4-vs-PC-640x353.jpg

That PC on the right has a 680.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/152511-unreal-engine-4-looks-much-better-on-the-pc-compared-to-the-ps4

I own a decent gaming PC (refer to footer) and I also bought a PS3 that I never really use because I have my PC, so I don't meet the criteria for the console fanboy label, if anything I'm a PC fanboy and this is far from bias.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I've already seen videos about building a higher spec PC for the same price that will apparently "KILL" the new gen consoles.

NO, IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!

It really pisses me off, especially considering Elric from New Egg did it, seriously man even you're that stupid?

The games are optimized for the console because the developers know exactly what hardware the game will be running off.

The optimization means incredible performance (I'm talking equivalent to a $1500 gaming pc) from low end hardware.

In fact, the CTO at EA had this to say 

http://games.on.net/2013/05/ea-exec-claims-xbox-one-and-ps4-a-generation-ahead-of-a-high-end-pc/

I don't know about the highest end PC's, but whether you hate EA or not you should accept that the Chief Technology Officer of a company like that would know a thing or two about hardware performance, and hes probably right.

PS4-vs-PC-640x353.jpg

That PC on the right has a 680.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/152511-unreal-engine-4-looks-much-better-on-the-pc-compared-to-the-ps4

I own a decent gaming PC (refer to footer) and I also bought a PS3 that I never really use because I have my PC, so I don't meet the criteria for the console fanboy label, if anything I'm a PC fanboy and this is far from bias.

That picture is extremely biased. First of all, what settings is it running at? They don't even tell us at all. It's console propaganda.

You do realize that most of the PC's picture is blurred out by the fog, too, right?

Look, there are a lot of exclusive games I want from the consoles, but I am willing to wait a few years(5+) to be able to emulate those games. The x86 architecture is going to be easier to code for and emulate. If Sony and Microsoft want to keep things private then that is their own fault for excluding the rest of the market.

Having said that, if you know people who are console gamers, tell them the pros and cons of each platform available(PS4, Xbone, PC, WiiU) and let them decide. It's their money, if they buy a Xbone and see how fucked up it is, then they will return it or be so ignorant that they will keep it until they shut the servers down, then they'll use it as a paper weight.

Look, there are a lot of exclusive games I want from the consoles, but I am willing to wait a few years(5+) to be able to emulate those games. The x86 architecture is going to be easier to code for and emulate. If Sony and Microsoft want to keep things private then that is their own fault for excluding the rest of the market.

Having said that, if you know people who are console gamers, tell them the pros and cons of each platform available(PS4, Xbone, PC, WiiU) and let them decide. It's their money, if they buy a Xbone and see how fucked up it is, then they will return it or be so ignorant that they will keep it until they shut the servers down, then they'll use it as a paper weight.

So you're fine with being limited to 4GB of system RAM among its other disadvantages? It's unwise to hinder the potential of your hardware just to make coding "easier".

So you're fine with being limited to 4GB of system RAM among its other disadvantages? It's unwise to hinder the potential of your hardware just to make coding "easier".

Uh, I meant it's going to be easier to code emulators to emulate the Xbox One and PS4 lol.

Uh, I meant it's going to be easier to code emulators to emulate the Xbox One and PS4 lol.

Then they should adopt the 64 bit architecture.

Then they should adopt the 64 bit architecture.

To my knowledge, the consoles already are 64bit. The PS4 has 7GB useable(I know it's GDDR5, but when porting games over, they'll have to use DDR3). Even then, the Xbox One has 5GB useable, which is 1GB more than the "limit" of 32bit.