Stupidity of console gamer fanboys

Calavera

Many of my n00by friends are going to the PC master race, but they are clueless, one bought an i7 2600k and a 5450....

Now he wonders why it performs so badly in gaming.

This is exactly what I didn't mean with this thread, I meant to talk about why people refuse to switch from Xbox to PlayStation - not the switch between PC and Console.

But even in that case not everyone has the same usage scenario when it comes to consoles. I use my 360 as an entertainment hub where I easily access my Netflix, Hulu+, HBO Go, and talk with friends while I watch on those things. Combine that with exclusives that I like on the Xbox system, the lack thereof on PS4 (I have a PS3 and infamous, kill zone, etc...I didn't like what I had on the PS), and the fact that a vast majority of friends are invested in the Xbox infrastructure makes the Xbox1 a more interesting system for me. Just cause the PS4 has better hardware doesn't mean that it's going to be the best for everyone. If I want to play with my friends I'll have to go Xbox. I not going to spend $400 on a console to play alone when I can pay 100 more to play with all my buddies. With that being said....I'm probably going to buy both systems anyway hahaha :P

But even in that case not everyone has the same usage scenario when it comes to consoles. I use my 360 as an entertainment hub where I easily access my Netflix, Hulu+, HBO Go, and talk with friends while I watch on those things. Combine that with exclusives that I like on the Xbox system, the lack thereof on PS4 (I have a PS3 and infamous, kill zone, etc...I didn't like what I had on the PS), and the fact that a vast majority of friends are invested in the Xbox infrastructure makes the Xbox1 a more interesting system for me. Just cause the PS4 has better hardware doesn't mean that it's going to be the best for everyone. If I want to play with my friends I'll have to go Xbox. I not going to spend $400 on a console to play alone when I can pay 100 more to play with all my buddies. With that being said....I'm probably going to buy both systems anyway hahaha :P

But if you convinced your friends to buy the PS4 wouldn't that make that obsolete?

So many things I could write here... things like this.

But if you convinced your friends to buy the PS4 wouldn't that make that obsolete?

They get the Xbox because they like the games that are on it. They don't like kingdom hearts, uncharted, god of war, and most of the PS exclusives. Hardware doesn't matter if the games don't appeal to you and in the case of my friends they are more interested in what the xbox has than the PS4 so why would they waste their money on the PS4 just cause of the better hardware and features they don't care about? Our Internet is stable and rarely goes down for long stretches, they buy new games anyways (as do I), the only thing some of them are concerned about is kinect but they are willing to deal with it.

I agree that the PS4 is the better console for the general gamer but I'm not going to force feed my friends a console they aren't interested in. That's why they are still on console and not PC. I'm not going to pull my hair out trying to convert them into anything especially because it'll annoy the living hell out of them.

They get the Xbox because they like the games that are on it. They don't like kingdom hearts, uncharted, god of war, and most of the PS exclusives. Hardware doesn't matter if the games don't appeal to you and in the case of my friends they are more interested in what the xbox has than the PS4 so why would they waste their money on the PS4 just cause of the better hardware and features they don't care about? Our Internet is stable and rarely goes down for long stretches, they buy new games anyways (as do I), the only thing some of them are concerned about is kinect but they are willing to deal with it.

I agree that the PS4 is the better console for the general gamer but I'm not going to force feed my friends a console they aren't interested in. That's why they are still on console and not PC. I'm not going to pull my hair out trying to convert them into anything especially because it'll annoy the living hell out of them.

Well said, atleast you have a good reason and know how to put it.  ^_^

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I had an Xbox 360 and I did say I will get the new Xbox when it was released, I am a PC gamer but will be picking up a PS4, I said I would never get PlayStation but everything about it is better, share games, not having to connect every 24 hours, cheaper and better specs, much looking forward to getting one.

Will always be a PC gamer but sometimes I miss just putting a game on and just chilling with a pad. I know you have to pay for online multi-player now, but it's like me having to pay for Xbox Live when I had the 360.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Some people simply want the Xbox exclusives. Difference in specs may be minimal, unless benchmarks prove otherwise. The downsides of the XBone is something PC gamers have been living with for a while (with the exception of 24hr checkin and Kinect shenanigans), so may not turn out as bad.

Personally, I like the Playstation 3/4 exclusives, and for the promise of streaming PS3/2/1 games later down the line. I may even consider buying a PS3 before upgrading.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

personally i am only getting the xbox one because of the exclusives otherwise i would stick to my pc or buy a ps4.

PlayStation has been mocking Microsoft with their youtube videos. Especially with that "How to share your games on PS4" one. Fanboying Xbox now is just a little bit stupid. But hey, it's their money and if it makes them happy with what they buy, then who am I to judge.

I don't really care if we judge them, though we shouldn't.

I care if they start buying Microsoft's crap. Then all their policies slowly becomes the norm. Then all gamers suffer because the stupid people (who are sadly the majority) backed the wrong guy. That's a problem. I don't want their decision to decide the future of gaming. I want to get as many people to either choose PC or PS4 as possible so we can choke the living crap out of Microsoft's future plans for console gaming and watch it die. 

That's the appropriate response to this kind of crap.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't see why people care so much about what other people use. Must you be so insecure about your purchase decision.

Good Morning...

thing is the pic you posted shows us the guy at e.a is clueless . you can see theres just more going on on the pc side of things.

broken depth of field as opposed to the bokeh dof on the ps4, deeper dof (depth of field) more particals. look at the soft shadow in the smoke.

the colour range and depth due to more advanced lighting and shadow.

so yeah you may wanna reconsider what that guy is telling you because its just not accurate.

you cant get a gfx card that handles 1.2gf of gfx to run at better quality than a gfx card that handles 4.2gf of gfx data no matter how well optimized it is. yes you will have to pay extra for the better quality but thats not the point. the guy is claiming the gfx perfomance is way above anything the pc can do, but purposely misleads you by not saying at any price.

its pure marketing and frankly an outright lie in some respects.

you will be hard pushed to build a comparable pc for £350/$499 but that will change about 6 months after launch as it did the last time round. but given unlimited budget the pc will win hands down 100% of the time.

heineygoat, on 12 Jun 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

I've already seen videos about building a higher spec PC for the same price that will apparently "KILL" the new gen consoles.

NO, IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!

It really pisses me off, especially considering Elric from New Egg did it, seriously man even you're that stupid?

The games are optimized for the console because the developers know exactly what hardware the game will be running off.

The optimization means incredible performance (I'm talking equivalent to a $1500 gaming pc) from low end hardware.

In fact, the CTO at EA had this to say

http://games.on.net/2013/05/ea-exec-claims-xbox-one-and-ps4-a-generation-ahead-of-a-high-end-pc/

I don't know about the highest end PC's, but whether you hate EA or not you should accept that the Chief Technology Officer of a company like that would know a thing or two about hardware performance, and hes probably right.

PS4-vs-PC-640x353.jpg

That PC on the right has a 680.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/152511-unreal-engine-4-looks-much-better-on-the-pc-compared-to-the-ps4

I own a decent gaming PC (refer to footer) and I also bought a PS3 that I never really use because I have my PC, so I don't meet the criteria for the console fanboy label, if anything I'm a PC fanboy and this is far from bias.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

unlimited budget the pc will win hands down 100% of the time.

My point was that you can't currently build a comparable PC for the same price.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I've already seen videos about building a higher spec PC for the same price that will apparently "KILL" the new gen consoles.

NO, IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!

It really pisses me off, especially considering Elric from New Egg did it, seriously man even you're that stupid?

The games are optimized for the console because the developers know exactly what hardware the game will be running off.

The optimization means incredible performance (I'm talking equivalent to a $1500 gaming pc) from low end hardware.

In fact, the CTO at EA had this to say 

http://games.on.net/2013/05/ea-exec-claims-xbox-one-and-ps4-a-generation-ahead-of-a-high-end-pc/

I don't know about the highest end PC's, but whether you hate EA or not you should accept that the Chief Technology Officer of a company like that would know a thing or two about hardware performance, and hes probably right.

PS4-vs-PC-640x353.jpg

That PC on the right has a 680.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/152511-unreal-engine-4-looks-much-better-on-the-pc-compared-to-the-ps4

I own a decent gaming PC (refer to footer) and I also bought a PS3 that I never really use because I have my PC, so I don't meet the criteria for the console fanboy label, if anything I'm a PC fanboy and this is far from bias.

Here, I'll use a GTX 780 and you use a 8800GT, see how far your optimization tricks get you.

Here, I'll use a GTX 780 and you use a 8800GT, see how far your optimization tricks get you.

defuq? what a stupid comment.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

My point was that you can't currently build a comparable PC for the same price.

i said it would be about 6 months after launch before you could. currently you could get this for 387GBP

Capture-3.jpg 

as you can see its not that far of in price just about 33gbp and with prices falling for things like hdds and cpus by the time the consoles arrive you should be able to get an 8 core trinity to swap out for the 4 core.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

I know someone who has a decent gaming PC (2600K w/6870) but games on a PS3  :blink:.

I do notice many people who used to own a PS2 and then bought a PS3 just because of that... Some people also choose based just on exclusive titles like Halo or Uncharted.

There are a lot of games on the PS3/Xbox that you can't get on PC. I don't see the point. Having a console and pc is better. Having all consoles and PC would be the best but its expensive.

I mean, how am I supposed to play uncharted, any recent final fantasy or rpgs if I don't have at least 1 console. PC is great and better for better looking graphics but its far from being perfect.

Some people will live by their favorite console platform, and perhaps even go as far as to die for it.

Like my cousin who want xbone JUST for halo.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

There are a lot of games on the PS3/Xbox that you can't get on PC. I don't see the point. Having a console and pc is better. Having all consoles and PC would be the best but its expensive.

I mean, how am I supposed to play uncharted, any recent final fantasy or rpgs if I don't have at least 1 console. PC is great and better for better looking graphics but its far from being perfect.

I wasn't saying he was wrong to ever use a PS3, or to own both a gaming PC and a PS3 if he used both, I was saying that he shouldn't have spent money on a gaming PC which he never ever uses. I mean it would have been a waste if all he did was word processing and browsing on it, but even those things he does on a laptop so it just sits there gathering dust.

• 3 weeks later...

PC is a better platform for a reason, i will miss playing halo but there is no way im paying $600 so i can play halo.

I will be enjoying my awesome rig, no online restrictions, ability to play music and tv on my other screen and of course my better

gameplay and graphics.

I thought it was 500 USD. I know that it's 560 USD for the gamestop bundles.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

The reason I am sticking with Xbox with my next generation pick, is because I've invested a lot of time and money into the Xbox franchise already, I know how it works, it's familiar to me, the controllers are God-tier etc etc. I have always found the Xbox UI to be easier to use than the PSN system, the achievement system is a much better system than the trophy one, in my opinion. My girlfriend just got a PS3 and I've enjoyed playing older titles such as ratchet and clank, but neh, I'll stick to the Xbox as my console of choice :)

Also, to all the PC gamers in this thread complaining about sharing games, what is your game provider of choice? steam? I'm pretty sure they've got pretty damned similar DRM to both consoles, I don't get why you guys are complaining about this. I personally would love a second hand market for DIGITAL goods, with a $5 levy off the top to the developers or something. It'd be better than trading your games into gamestop for $3 and then they turn around and make a huge profit.

#!

I prefer Playstation over Xbox for console gaming. PS4 is just better than the Xbox one right now as well. So I'll be getting a PS4 on day one.

But, PC is the best way to go for gaming. I don't think I need to explain why. lol

In my opinion you have to have a console along with your PC. Some games are console exclusive. Just check out GTA:V. Rockstar isn't planning to release in on PC. :(

I thought it was 500 USD. I know that it's 560 USD for the gamestop bundles.

$499.99 CAD plus taxes probably around $564.99

add a $59.99 game plus taxes 67.79

Optional second controller 59.99 plus taxes 67.79

Xbox live is a must again somehow equaling 59.99 like the rest plus taxes 67.79

The nature of the beast is its more expensive then people want to admit to starting, then they nickel and dime you

for every additional thing. I can understand the expense of controllers and hardware but DLC, mandatory Xbox live

subscription to use ANY online feature, ads on the dashboard even though you pay for live subscription. 

Its to much, gone are the days of no ads, reasonable prices, fully created games not chopped up and sold

for more in the use of dlc.

total 768.36

without extra controller 700.57

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

come on guys, leave them alone they dont know any better

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Hey guys.  :lol:

There's been quite a lot of talk about the new consoles, Xbox One and PS4 - what I've read quite a few times is that there are a lot of people that KNOW the difference yet they stick to the worse of the 2 just because they liked the old one or for whatever reason.

I know of a severe case of that, a family member of mine currently has a Xbox 360 and is willing to upgrade to the new console.

I asked him what console he would choose and he replied "Xbox One" - I told him that it has worse specs, it's more expensive and that things like trading games over is basically not possible. He replied "I am and will be a Xbox fanboy" 

I understand that people are happy with what they have, but knowing that the new version will have all those downsides to it... wouldn't that make a normal person want to switch? :wacko:

I am sure there are a lot of people here that have an opinion on this, not so much the console but the fact that people refuse to give up their current way of gaming for something else... 

Feel free to tell me your story.  ^_^

I am not a console gamer by the way, I am a PC gamer but I like how these upgrades will affect our games as well, as "the bar" has been raised - improving our games as well.

What's wrong with staying loyal to one brand. By your arrguments, Everyone should be using galaxy s4, as it has the highest specs of all the phones out there, afaik it's cheapest of the flagship products, and it has ALL the features you would want from a smartphone (well, except for a fridgerator). So why are people buying HTC Ones, iPhone 5's and other flagship phones. It's because they have a design they like, or some features they want (not a fridge though). Same goes for Xbox One. Xbox live is a better multiplayer experience, all the media integration is better for normal customer, like your family member seems to be. I can totally see why he's buying it, and I see nothing wrong with supporting a company you like.