Stupidity of console gamer fanboys

Calavera

Honestly, why do PC gamers even care about what console gamers choose? Go argue your PC stuff and we will argue our console stuff.

BLAOW!!!!

Honestly, why do PC gamers even care about what console gamers choose? Go argue your PC stuff and we will argue our console stuff.

Why do we care?

Consoles have the casuals on tap. 

Casuals have the money (collectively) on tap.

Money pushes the industry and decides it's direction (wherever the money is, the industry will go). 

So it matters quite a bit to PC gamers what Console gamers want. Because that effects us. A lot.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Why do we care?

Consoles have the casuals on tap. 

Casuals have the money (collectively) on tap.

Money pushes the industry and decides it's direction (wherever the money is, the industry will go). 

So it matters quite a bit to PC gamers what Console gamers want. Because that effects us. A lot.

Either way when a PC gamer comes into a console debate it almost always ends up in him saying how PC is "better,better graphics,etc." and saying that PC gaming is better like its a fact which of course it isnt.

BLAOW!!!!

Either way when a PC gamer comes into a console debate it almost always ends up in him saying how PC is "better,better graphics,etc." and saying that PC gaming is better like its a fact which of course it isnt.

Well, it's an opinion based on facts. 

For convenience and short term price-performance (1-2 years), consoles win. 

For graphics, long term price-performance (3+ years), a better community, more accurate and immersive (Oculus Rift, Omni, steering wheel, joystick) peripherals,  larger library of games, more free games, cheaper games, utility (Word, photoshop, etc etc) and overall customization/upgradeability, PC's win.

Go with what you want, but those are the facts. I probably missed some on the PC side (there are so many), but I think that covers most of it. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

For graphics, long term price-performance (3+ years), a better community, more accurate and immersive (Oculus Rift, Omni, steering wheel, joystick) peripherals,  larger library of games, more free games, cheaper games, utility (Word, photoshop, etc etc) and overall customization/upgradeability, PC's win.

Go with what you want, but those are the facts. I probably missed some on the PC side (there are so many), but I think that covers most of it. 

Graphics=i dont care and all the graphic whores arent real gamers because its all about the gameplay

Better community=who cares if you play only SP games(im ditching online gaming it sucks to me now)

More accurate and immersive=i hate motion controls and joystick and everthing like that. I dont wana jump around like an idiot when gaming

Larger library of games=so what it can be as large as it wants to be most of the dominant genres on PC are genres i dont like playing

More free games=I hate F2P. I tried a lot of F2P games and ended up hating all. Especially the fact that most of em are VERY pay2win

Utility=what does word and photoshop have to do with gaming?

Upgradebility=again i dont care about the graphics

BLAOW!!!!

Graphics=i dont care and all the graphic whores arent real gamers because its all about the gameplay

Better community=who cares if you play only SP games(im ditching online gaming it sucks to me now)

More accurate and immersive=i hate motion controls and joystick and everthing like that. I dont wana jump around like an idiot when gaming

Larger library of games=so what it can be as large as it wants to be most of the dominant genres on PC are genres i dont like playing

More free games=I hate F2P. I tried a lot of F2P games and ended up hating all. Especially the fact that most of em are VERY pay2win

Utility=what does word and photoshop have to do with gaming?

Upgradebility=again i dont care about the graphics

*facepalm*

You do know a joystick is the thing on a PS3/Xbox controller right?

Analog-Joystick-Stick-Cap-For-PS3-Contro

^ Joystick cap. 

However, the joysticks I was talking about is this:

PC_0020_Pro_0020_Flight_0020_2_0020_joys

Which are absolutely awesome for flight simulator games and anything similar. 

Community includes forums. Like this one.

Let me guess, the genres you like playing are the following:

Sports

Racing

Fighting

Those are the three genres that are least prevalent in PC gaming imo. 

Nothing. Word and Photoshop have nothing to do with gaming. But that's exactly my point. My PC can do a lot more than a console can. That's what utility means. It can be useful for many things.

Upgradeability doesn't just mean "graphics". It means not having to buy another new console to play games I already own. Need more RAM to run those games? Pop more RAM into my machine rather than buy a completely new one. There are limits to that, but those limits are faaaar greater than console's limits are.

Again,

*facepalm*

† Christian Member †

Most people already have a laptop or desktop for general use so they might just want a console for gaming. Why invest another 800 bucks for another computer just for gaming and thats probably just for the tower.

Consoles don't need to be upgraded because game will be optimized for their hardware specifically.

Arguably console will have better graphics than the PC hardware equivalent due to optimizations in the future. It's a very loose argument though and graphics aren't everything as some of my recent favorite games are Bastion and Limbo.

Just cause PC gaming is the bet solution for us doesn't mean it would be the best solution for another individual.

Most people already have a laptop or desktop for general use so they might just want a console for gaming. Why invest another 800 bucks for another computer just for gaming and thats probably just for the tower.

Consoles don't need to be upgraded because game will be optimized for their hardware specifically.

Arguably console will have better graphics than the PC hardware equivalent due to optimizations in the future. It's a very loose argument though and graphics aren't everything as some of my recent favorite games are Bastion and Limbo.

Just cause PC gaming is the bet solution for us doesn't mean it would be the best solution for another individual.

Sell the laptop/desktop, buy a gaming PC with the money you would've used on the console and you got from selling the Desktop/Laptop and use a TV you already own that has HDMI for a monitor. 

:| It's not rocket science.

How much is a keyboard/mouse? $20 in total? I mean, bare minimum, use temporarily kind of course.

† Christian Member †

Sell the laptop/desktop, buy a gaming PC and use a TV you already own that has HDMI for a monitor. 

:| It's not rocket science.

How much is a keyboard/mouse? $20 in total? I mean, bare minimum, use temporarily kind of course.

Or just get a console and save all the trouble. Condescending much? I don't see why it's so bad preferring console gaming over PC. Some people just want to use a gamepad and sit down after putting in the disk and start playing. No worrying about drivers, graphical settings, technical issues, upgrades. When you get a console it'll run the games.

Or just get a console and save all the trouble. Condescending much? I don't see why it's so bad preferring console gaming over PC. Some people just want to use a gamepad and sit down after putting in the disk and start playing. No worrying about drivers, graphical settings, technical issues, upgrades. When you get a console it'll run the games.

It's not necessarily bad to prefer console gaming over PC when considering use case. However, in just about every respect, PC gaming is better. It's just what you prefer (use case, as I said).

I play lots of PC games. I don't mess with drivers, graphical settings, technical issues, or upgrades. My PC runs my games. I can't remember the last time my PC had a technical issue involving playing games. I believe all the talk about the aforementioned "problems" of PC gaming is very over exaggerated.

Don't get me wrong, these things can and do happen, but not frequently, nor even often. 

The reason most PC gamers find it strange that anyone prefers console gaming is because there are so many negatives and so few positives. The few positives there are however, specifically convenience, are what sell consoles at all imo.

† Christian Member †

I think this PC vs console debate boiling down to "graphics" or "multi use" needs to pause a bit to take a look at video games as a whole. We can argue all day about cost, performance and bang for your buck ect ect but i think it would be more constructive to argue about how to make games awesome and fun.

*facepalm*

You do know a joystick is the thing on a PS3/Xbox controller right?

Analog-Joystick-Stick-Cap-For-PS3-Contro

^ Joystick cap. 

However, the joysticks I was talking about is this:

PC_0020_Pro_0020_Flight_0020_2_0020_joys

Which are absolutely awesome for flight simulator games and anything similar. 

Community includes forums. Like this one.

Let me guess, the genres you like playing are the following:

Sports

Racing

Fighting

Those are the three genres that are least prevalent in PC gaming imo. 

Nothing. Word and Photoshop have nothing to do with gaming. But that's exactly my point. My PC can do a lot more than a console can. That's what utility means. It can be useful for many things.

Upgradeability doesn't just mean "graphics". It means not having to buy another new console to play games I already own. Need more RAM to run those games? Pop more RAM into my machine rather than buy a completely new one. There are limits to that, but those limits are faaaar greater than console's limits are.

Again,

*facepalm*

Yea I know that, but I knew you were talking about those joysticks for flight sims and thats what I meant: I dont play flight sims so why should i care about joysticks. And no those are not the genres i play. I dont care if its able to be used for more things I have a PC to search the net and watch yt vids etc.(ofc the one im writing this msg on) and if i wana game i just go on my console.

BLAOW!!!!

It's not necessarily bad to prefer console gaming over PC when considering use case. However, in just about every respect, PC gaming is better. It's just what you prefer (use case, as I said).

I play lots of PC games. I don't mess with drivers, graphical settings, technical issues, or upgrades. My PC runs my games. I can't remember the last time my PC had a technical issue involving playing games. I believe all the talk about the aforementioned "problems" of PC gaming is very over exaggerated.

Don't get me wrong, these things can and do happen, but not frequently, nor even often. 

The reason most PC gamers find it strange that anyone prefers console gaming is because there are so many negatives and so few positives. The few positives there are however, specifically convenience, are what sell consoles at all imo.

The positives that PC gamers see are non issues for many console players though. Better graphics no big deal I just want to play the game.

Multiple uses, I have a laptop/desktop already.

You can upgrade your PC when its out of date, I have my console for 8+ years before the new consoles come out and even then I can play games that I missed after the new one launches.

PC has cheaper games, consoles have sales too and platinum hits editions (and honestly how many games do alot of console players get? I got maybe 3 games a year on console and they lasted me).

The online community is better on PC and it's free, sure but what if you like the console style online where on Xbox everyone had a mic pretty much and the community was on an equal playing field. Everyone has the same hardware and software and the only true variation is the resolution in which they play.

Again it comes down to personal preference. If someone wants a console don't try and convert them to the PC. Especially on this forum. If they are on the forum you can already assume that they know the benefits of PC gaming and those "benefits" don't benefit their usage scenario.

You can have a steering wheel on console. Stupid PC gamer, console forums are for people who play on console ( joke ).

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I don't understand what ego boost pc gamers get off console bashing.

You get a thing you can easily pick up & learn, it costs crap all & everyone has one. Consoles also get a ton of exclusives.

I would buy an Xbox One because Ive had an Xbox, Xbox 360 so it makes sense. No one into console gaming picks the next console based on specs its all about expereince.

What's worse is people trying to persuade others that one console is better than the other. Honestly I don't think the spec difference will make a big enough difference that the average console gamer will be able to tell. Remember these aren't pc so you can't change settings or measure fps, all of it is optimized. Consoles should be evaluated by the games that are on it and the friends that you have on them. Since I would only play AAA mainstream games and sport games, I would opt for the console many of my friends are getting. I really think the whole console war thing before they are actually released and games are presented is what is really stupid. And don't bother wasting time with the fanboys, they're stubborn.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

omfg why do people judge other people so much? so what if they want the inferior console? i dont see anything wrong with that. let people buy what they want.

Fanboys in general say and do the dumbest things. Apple fanboys, console fanboys, pc fanboys etc..

One of the only reasons people use consoles is because there friends used to use the old ones, you could have got a 360 for real cheap, people stay on the platform who there friends are on. (apart from me :D)

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

• 4 weeks later...

What can you do? its like a plague. A cheap one too but a crappy one. Get close and you will catch it like flu.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

What can you do? its like a plague. A cheap one too but a crappy one. Get close and you will catch it like flu.

Unless if u know a thing or HALF.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Specs don't matter on consoles, its about popularity. Both consoles this gen are pretty much identical anyways. I would buy a One because I play Xbox and Xbox 360 for halo. Haven't played 4 yet.

Specs don't matter on consoles, its about popularity. Both consoles this gen are pretty much identical anyways. I would buy a One because I play Xbox and Xbox 360 for halo. Haven't played 4 yet.

yup for consoles they will code for the lowest common denominator and port it to the more powerful one. The only true difference is going to be first party games. I'm getting an Xbox one in due time because I still like the console experience, I like the exclusives for the one, and my friends generally play on the Xbox rather than pc or play station (I have a couple of friends that play pc or ps but Xbox outnumbers them serversl times over)

yup for consoles they will code for the lowest common denominator and port it to the more powerful one. The only true difference is going to be first party games. I'm getting an Xbox one in due time because I still like the console experience, I like the exclusives for the one, and my friends generally play on the Xbox rather than pc or play station (I have a couple of friends that play pc or ps but Xbox outnumbers them serversl times over)

Exactly, no one wins by having better hardware really. COD isn't gunna look better on one system than the other.