AC Unity runs poorly on PC...and on consoles too

Rock1m1

Shouldn't b a surprise.  Ubishit is so concerned about milking franchise that they'll rush the game to maintain a yearly release.

Total Biscuit is also going to have a nice rant about the microtransactions in the game.

Disappointing but I'm not surprised. Hopefully the word gets out and it doesn't sell a lot of copies. Companies can't keep getting away with things like this. 

I'd rather them put out a patch that makes the game run better...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Its a nasty cycle that pc gamers cannot win with Ubershaft. Ubishaft will argue that if PC game sales are low at launch, polishing the pc version before launch is a low priority. but, the rub is that if they were to get a lot of PC sales at launch, that would set a bad precedent for Ubiserf to say that sales are great with crappy ports, so why bother putting in the effort to polish the games before launch if people are going to buy it anyway. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I got it on PC. It runs actually rather smooth on ultra and high settings at around 40-50 fps. (Specs in my profile). However, it has noticeable studdering and frame drops every now and then when in dense crowds.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Ubisoft please. You are basically telling people to not buy your games. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'd rather them put out a patch that makes the game run better...

They more than likely will, but that doesn't mean they should release poorly optimized games and just patch them a few weeks (or more) later with an apology and expect everything to be ok.

In my mind it's would be like buying a new phone which is supposed to be super fast but when they release it it's really laggy with the promise of fixing it later once they have your money. It's a matter of honesty and respect.

I'm not saying that they should have had 100% of every bug fixed within their original time frame; but, they should have had the decency to delay the game until they can work out those bottlenecks/bugs. I realize that unfortunately this isn't how the industry works, you can't keep delaying a game until it's 100% perfect; but, that doesn't mean I need to support games that give such awful ports for the sake of releasing on time.

"We know everyone loved watching flash animations on Newgrounds back in the day, so we're making our game run at 12FPS...."

Well I was actually looking forward to The Division... I guess thats gotta flop too now..

Seriously, did anyone expect anything other than this? And who actually calls the performance "crazy low FPS"?

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

I'm not sure why everyone on this forum is freaking out over the console performance. If it runs fine on PC, great. Why would I play anything on console if it's available on PC?

I had poor expectations of this game after playing the PC version of Black Flag, but looking at footage and specs it seems like it won't be too much of a hassle to get good fps.

So let the console plebians watch their slideshows... as soon as AC:U drops to a fair price on Steam, I'll give it a try.

It doesn't even seem that bad on the consoles. There has been one video of poor framerate while performing one movement in one location? It could just be a glitch.

This video claims to be PS4 and if it is it looks fine. And according to Christianled59, it should be most effected while running through crowds.

I got it on PC. It runs actually rather smooth on ultra and high settings at around 40-50 fps. (Specs in my profile). However, it has noticeable studdering and frame drops every now and then when in dense crowds.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I'm willing to bet my guildmaster claims that it runs fine on his ps4.

God I hope this game continue to flop, and flop HARD.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That right there is the max settings at 1440p with FXAA. That ugly shit right there is 30 fps on a 780 @ 1250MHz....

SLI DOES NOT SCALE AT ALL even though they have proper driver support and a profile...

5cbqYps.png

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Honestly, I love the Assassin's Creed games. I was also  really excited for Unity. I got up at 6am and was playing it before I went to work. Most of the time it wasn't that bad (hovering around 50fps) and I have a GTX680. The cut scenes though... I wouldn't mind if they were locked at 30 FPS, but they were usually hovering around 20 with dips as low as 8. I also have the graphics reduced to the point where the game looks worse than black flag, which I was generally hovering around 60FPS with dips to about 48 with my rig.

I wouldn't call it completely unplayable... just not as enjoyable of an experience as I would like it to be. I'm also someone who generally likes the AC games though.

Gamer + Musician + Techie = Me

Steam: luke104.3

Origin: xxluke104xx

Maybe they though cinematic feel was so 2013 and instead they went with that glorious "PowerPoint slideshow feel".

I think it's pretty safe to blame Ubisoft instead of Gameworks.

Why? Nvidia Games Work's claimed reason to exist is optimization for the PC. All the recent Games Works tiles have horrible optimization/performance problems.

Daylight, Lords of the Fallen, Watch Dogs. AC. 

So? Why does the stupid thing exist? Time for "journalists" to stop selling the thing as something that is great for PC users, and how they are pushing technology, because they aren't pushing jack. Bad optimization and a budget AA, which we should never have to use on a high end GPU. We should be using 2-4xMSAA on the cards they want us to use in "open world games" and SSAA on games without much CPU overhead. Games Works games like Watch Dog's are getting similar performance or worse than freakin GPU's running 4x SMAA which gives a way higher picture quality than FXAA (jaggies but clear) /TXAA (blurred to hell)

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-PC-236767/Specials/Technik-Test-1142136/

Nvidia is trashing our optimization all to get a FPS edge and sell dual card setups which you should not need for budget AA that looks like crap. Nvidia Games Works simply needs to go away as far as the proprietary library crap. I don't even know how the hell this is legal and they are not being sued/fined for unfair practices. There is a big difference between adding a few dumb effects (which AMD does as well) and completely changing a game library in a game. rendering things completely un efficiently for no pay off visually and having it run like crap on everything, but a little better on your hardware.

Nvidia either needs to cut the crap, or push MS to release DX 12 sooner, or on older OS's than just 10. Instead they are using underhanded means to try and cripple GPU's which have higher bandwidth for better AA/supersampling, and impossibly making NATIVE gpu hardware run much worse than it should on the PC port.

Games Works is one of the biggest shams in PC Gaming history and no one wins with it.  

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I'm about to finish downloading it for PC so i'll report in with my verdict on all settings :)

Doubt it'll run terrible on PC as consoles are... to put it bluntly "a bit gimped".

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Man, I love the cinematic feel you get from this. 

When they said "cinematic feeling" they didn't mention that it would be emulating a hand-cranked video projector from the 1920s.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

guys i think ubisoft just went and bought an excavator lol the shovel isnt fast enough.

Personal computer master race

guys i think ubisoft just went and bought an excavator lol the shovel isnt fast enough.

They took all that money from pre-orders and microtransactions and bought one of these:

trencher2_smd.jpg

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Honestly, I love the Assassin's Creed games. I was also really excited for Unity. I got up at 6am and was playing it before I went to work. Most of the time it wasn't that bad (hovering around 50fps) and I have a GTX680. The cut scenes though... I wouldn't mind if they were locked at 30 FPS, but they were usually hovering around 20 with dips as low as 8. I also have the graphics reduced to the point where the game looks worse than black flag, which I was generally hovering around 60FPS with dips to about 48 with my rig.

I wouldn't call it completely unplayable... just not as enjoyable of an experience as I would like it to be. I'm also someone who generally likes the AC games though.

The low fps in cut scences is a bug.

There's already a patch coming that adresses it and a lot of other performance issues my guess would be the 13th-14th when the game releases outside of the US.

RTX2070OC 

They took all that money from pre-orders and microtransactions and bought one of these:

trencher2_smd.jpg

they actually built it them selves in The Crew 

7DZlHT4.jpg?1

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

The low fps in cut scences is a bug.

There's already a patch coming that adresses it and a lot of other performance issues my guess would be the 13th-14th when the game releases outside of the US.

TXAA looks horrible (we knew it would already since I never used that blurry crap with my GTX 770). TXAA simulation. Smear Vaseline all over your monitor. Grats. TXAA achieved. Here is the game on a GTX 970. Dat TXAA innovation. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg8zqOXajsg

To get MSAA x4 (when the game actually looks decent)? Hope you have two R9 290's/GTX 970's and a high overclocked Haswell. Of course this is all horse crap, because the textures should have just been better and Nvidia wants you buying two GPU's for a game that should require nowhere near that. Brute forcing AA to make a bad game look good in 2014 is pathetic, and if you are going to do that? The game better be optimized. Instead of giving us much better textures would have allowed a single GTX 970/R9 290 to probably look better than 4xSMAA with x2, we all can buy 2 GPU's to make the game look like Witcher 2 does in Ubersampling. That might be a stretch though. Witcher 2 probably looks better. Faces might be better in Unity but everything else? No. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.