You know you're a techie when. . .

When everytime i go to electronic store and seeing laptops i always saying "eeewwhhh...." and she has no idea

When you GF takes you to a tech store and sits next to you bored as hell while you feel like a little girl in a Barbie store and she says "Now you see why I go shopping for clothes and shoes that much and don't notice when you get nervous after I spend 30 minutes deciding between two white shirts?". :) 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

When you have a box full of VGA, DVI, HDMI, power calbes, sata cables, molex adapters, and other assorted cables.

When you have a closet full of cardboard boxes from past purchases.

When you own multiple cans of compressed air.

When you have a bag full of zip-ties and screws for multiple parts of your PC.

When you're on the LinusTechTips forum instead of working like you should.

This^ plus a cupboard full of OLD Hard drives from the early 90's and new ones.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

When you have multiple flash drives attached to a CPU keychain on you at all times, three of them with linux distros and one of them with copies of the distro iso's and copies of the software to burn the iso's.  Oh yeah, and a USB hub in your other pocket.

EDIT:  Also when you have two old GPUs, an old soundcard, DDR Ram, a pentium D (among other cpu's) and dismantled computers in your room.  And when your closet doesn't close because it is overflowing with boxes and a soldering stuff.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

ceelo-laugh.gif

What is funny about that?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Umm..... The 8350 bottleneck 290x in some games, 32GB RAM will probably be unnecessary in most cases..

Yeah it's a small bottleneck. But still, perhaps he cannot afford to swap to an Intel mobo and cpu. I suffered with an fx 6300 for over a year. It's not a huge bottleneck. And 32gb of ram isn't unnecessary in most cases for every user. It's dependent on the user. For example, I'm upgrading to 16gb of ram. For most people 8 gb is fine but it depends on what you use your pc for. Some people(like myself) do a lot of editing and/or like to have a lot of programs running. What is overkill for you might not be overkill for others.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I admit doing this all the time

I apply nutella like thermal-paste(put it on a slice of bread like you do with thermal paste a grain of rice in the center (probably 100x bigger))

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

when you bug your dad when he's remotely connected to his lab computer and the first thing you say is, "what are the specs of that computer?"

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Yeah it's a small bottleneck. But still, perhaps he cannot afford to swap to an Intel mobo and cpu. I suffered with an fx 6300 for over a year. It's not a huge bottleneck. And 32gb of ram isn't unnecessary in most cases for every user. It's dependent on the user. For example, I'm upgrading to 16gb of ram. For most people 8 gb is fine but it depends on what you use your pc for. Some people(like myself) do a lot of editing and/or like to have a lot of programs running. What is overkill for you might not be overkill for others.

So in other words, it's unnecessary for most cases.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

When you GF takes you to a tech store and sits next to you bored as hell while you feel like a little girl in a Barbie store and she says "Now you see why I go shopping for clothes and shoes that much and don't notice when you get nervous after I spend 30 minutes deciding between two white shirts?". :)

THE ROLES HAVE BEEN REVERSED!!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

So in other words, it's unnecessary for most cases.

Not exactly. I'll use myself as an example. I do a lot of video editing. However that does not mean that most of the time that I'm on my computer that I am editing. In some other cases I might not need any more than 8gb of ram. Although not necessary for every case, why would that justify restricting myself? So you giving the impression that his build is stupid because it has more ram is a contradiction. 

I got a SSD so when I go to a computer without a SSD I fall asleep.

Night and day difference.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

when a pc is 1 of the few things that you need to get through the day

excited about new tech like you would about a new girlfriend

when you have your own corner in the living room and no1s allowed touch your pc

^-Failed attempt of Cokeman to start a flamewar

Well the A10-7850K beats the i7-5960X because it has 0.7 more gigahurtz right?!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

When you have a Giant bag of random cables you refuse to throw out because "You could need one of them".

Computer Eqiupment:

When you can't stand using wireless and you move your whole rig for Gigabit

When you bring a diagnostics flashdrive everywhere

When you get pulled out of class to fix a computer problem

and when a part of you dies every time you see someone doing something stupid to a computer

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

When you have multiple PCs and boxes of spare parts so troubleshooting is a breeze

When you carry around multiple USBs full of diagnostics tools and a Live USB for booting Ubuntu.

Your school bag is a Targus laptop backpack

You spend your spare time speccing out PCs for friends and family on PC Part Picker

You become tech support for all of your teachers.

Your parents just smile and nod their heads when you talk to them about tech.

You get annoyed when you can't ssh into your VPS from school

You login to the modem at 1am to stop your dad from finding music on YouTube to sing along to so you can get to sleep

When you see your friends taking a picture of their computer screen when there's a screenshot button/When you see your friends taking their phone out to record a video of another video on their computer screen... This just happened to me and my friends just seem so surprised of being able to screenshot/record your screen.

Also, when you are building PCs on pcpartpicker but die inside when you can't buy any parts. 

When your fiance has to work to pull you away from your computer.

Travis