You know you're a techie when. . .

So what does he consider a hackintosh?

He has no idea.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

"Any game that is unoptimized is too bad for my computer, because my computer is the best"

He has a 6300 and a GTX 660.

"If you put Windows on a Mac it will break and you will gets viruses"

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I had a friend that would tell me his fx 8120(yeah, bulldozer) OWNED my 3570k in games, because it had 8 cores.

He also used to tell me his 7750 was EPIC, because he could run games super smooth (on a 720p monitor).

So yeah, I HAD a friend, i can't have friends like this.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

My uncle. Huge Apple "fanboy". One of those guys that thinks he knows everything and thinks that Apple is superior to anything and everything. 

Said this gem when we went to the Microsoft store:

"I read that the MacBook Air is more powerful than the Blade"

<_<

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

My uncle. Huge Apple "fanboy". One of those guys that thinks he knows everything and thinks that Apple is superior to anything and everything. 

<_<

Oh wow. I've heard of fanboys, but this is BAD.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

<_<

Wow, just.... wow...

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I had a friend that would tell me his fx 8120(yeah, bulldozer) OWNED my 3570k in games, because it had 8 cores.

He also used to tell me his 7750 was EPIC, because he could run games super smooth (on a 720p monitor).

So yeah, I HAD a friend, i can't have friends like this.

Well i really don't have techies friends, the only people i can talk about technology is my cousin. Also i'm the "techie" guy in my class, whenever there is an issue with a school pc, they call me... (both teachers and studnets)... *sighs* 

Oh, i've got a friend that said that his intel hd4000 can play games in ultra.... *extreme facepalm*

My Dad who thinks Internet Explorer is superior at stopping Viruses and Malware (And Exploits) than any other browser. When he's done fixing client computers (Which I usually have to do to remove infections), I usually get on and quickly install Chrome with some addons. I guess if I really wanted the client to come back, I could just leave Internet Explorer and watch them scurry back in a couple of weeks.

Wow, just.... wow...

Oh wow. I've heard of fanboys, but this is BAD.

Thats not even the worst of it. Whenever I go hand out with my cousin, my uncle likes to take us to this local Italian restaurant. Then he gives my cousin and I these HUGE talks about stuff (usually, technology, computers or cars, all subjects I know more than him in). I cringe inside a lot since he says so many things that are wrong, but I obviously don't want to interrupt and correct him every sentence. Gah. It's so bad. 

I wish I could give you guys more examples of stuff he's said, but I tried to forget about all of them because if I didn't, my mind would be completely filled with stupid stuff he's said. The one with the Blade was just so outrageous that it's just stuck with me.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

When waking up hungover in a friends house and you go watch the WAN show and after a few moments someone else enters the room because he recognised the voices

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

When you have a stock cooler collection, a cpu and a gpu on your desk.

Mine is a 775 cooler, a E6750 and a 8600gts (review in sig) x)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

When they call you a nerd, but you're actually a GEEK!

A friend of a friend of mine (yes, I am serious) referred me to her friend that she called a "techie". After about 5 seconds of awkward silence, the first thing this friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend-of-mine asks me is "So....Intel or AMD?". 

....with no context.

So naturally, I responded "For folding? I think a 4P Opteron's pretty reasonable".

I can relate to that, except I was in 4th-5th grade

Yup

Thank you.

Wardojack.

When you realize Geek-squad is a sham.

When you should be on the payroll of any business you frequent giving them advice/fixing their problems.

when you have 28+ TB in one computer. all running.

*looks down and to my left* im proud.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

When you realize Geek-squad is a sham.

When you should be on the payroll of any business you frequent giving them advice/fixing their problems.

geek squad doesnt know geek squat.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

When you can list the specs of most PCs, smartphones, tablets, wearables and IoT devices from memory.

When you have to dumb down your explanations of what tech-related things are (I had to do this when I was explaining Android ROMs to my dad yesterday).

When you laugh at sixth graders who think they're cool because they can identify an iPhone 6+. (I held my adult friend's 6+ today at an middle/high school event and got 4 comments in 5 minutes. I told them that no, it wasn't a 6+, it's the new iBrick Pro Bezel Edition.)

When you laugh at people who buy Apple products to feel tech-savvy.

When you have to explain why you don't use cell phone cases.

When nobody gets your jokes/you have to stop yourself from making a joke because nobody would understand it and then they'd alienate you.

When you knew about smartwatches before the Apple Watch was announced.

When you tell a twelve year old girl at aforementioned event that "Android" is not a phone, and that she meant Samsung Galaxy S4.

When you know what LTT is.

When you watch MKBHD, LTT, Android Authority and/or vsauce1/2/3 on YT.

When you understand all of the references in "All About That Space" (a parody of "All About That Bass" that bashes J.J. Abrams and the Star Trek reboots).

I can't think of any more right now. :P

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

when you have a box of cables

when you have multiple computers

when you take you mechanical keyboard where ever you go

when people just nod there head when you start talking about tech

when you built your own computer/know how to/upgrade components in your computer

when you take old free computers and mess around with them

when you have shelve of old computer parts

when you are on your computer/ doing some teach related thing most of the day

when you try to explain which computer component does what to a "non-techie" 

When you have your personal server in rack mounted in a colo with 100m/b up and down connection

When you have that server running esxi and 5 os's on it.

When you have a spare gaming pc in parts in your closet because you no longer need the parts.

When consumer grade home networking equipment isnt good enough for you and you have to get cisco routers and switches.

Oh and when you cant find a computer desk to suit you so you build your own.

Why in the world would a single person ever need a server in a colo?

About the cisco switches, I get so lazy configuring them :3

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Why in the world would a single person ever need a server in a colo?

About the cisco switches, I get so lazy configuring them :3

I need it for things  :P

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

When you go to a new school and find a way to disable the schools firewall, user download limits and internet access restrictions without someone noticing.

Also getting blamed doing it instead of thanking me for showing them how to close the security breach.

when you have 28+ TB in one computer. all running.

*looks down and to my left* im proud.

wow... why?

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX