You know you're a techie when. . .

When you literally facepalm when your chemistry teacher draws a model and talks about the current flowing through a voltmeter.

When someone suggests that you get on a bus and you wonder how one would get on a motherboard bus...

I take the fsb to work all the time. I work at CPU BTW.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

You automatically wake up during the early hours to remove the babaji spam from your forum. :wacko:

I thought you said @babbaj spam :D

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

when you run your web browser form a flash drive so all your crap is there where ever you are. and if you like me you use linux and nothing but linux.

Brony for LIFE!!!

/)^3^(\ RD FTW
Daily carry: HTC one M8, pebbe steel PBD, nexus 7 2013

When someone says "no [company] doesn't make 128gb phones!

No they don't make hard drives that big

When you have 5 cloud accounts with the same stuff in each just in case. 

When you download almost 100 Linux distros to just make sure you found the right one you want. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

When your amazon homepage looks like this:

post-77136-0-38879900-1416358532_thumb.p

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

When someone's computer doesn't work and you feel the impulsive need to fix it.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

When you bring to school:

A laptop

A mechanical keyboard

A expensive gaming mouse(just because)

A tablet

3 USB drives

A USB key

A External SSD Drive with multiple Linux distros

A Nintendo DS(If you consider it)

A LED Flashlight

Magnetic screwdrivers

A power strip

A external battery for your phone

Millions of chargers

Earbuds and Over The Ear Headphones

and to fit it all I have the Targus Drifter 2 backpack

Sound like me  :P

If you actually do that, that is so cool! :D

when you are the only one in your electrical and computer engineering lecture who actually understands how transistors work and how logic gates are constructed from transistors.

when your favorite number base is Hexadecimal and you think kids should aspire to count to FF instead of 100

When you have a dedicated draw(es) full of cables, adapters, power chords and other electricals you think you need but will probably rarely use. 

When you don't simply replace something without cracking out a tool kit first, and if it a replacement is in need you take spares off your old, and obviously so broken machine that not even Edison, Maxwell or Tesla could fix it.

When you own a soldering iron and it has a permanent space on your desk..... it also has a name and a full set of heads.

When bored you take things apart and put them back together simply because you can. 

Finally. When you know the price, location of, and sizes of all WD40 cans available in your local stores

WHEN YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BYTE AND A BIT!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

When u look at the school pcs' specs when u should be doing a project

When u spend time here while you should study for tommorows test (like me)

When u talk about tech in the most professional way you can and then enjoy your frinds' faces all like "I dont care"

When u realise all the things listed here are true for you

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Everybody wants you to fix their computer,

you find yourself explaining hyper threading to people who think it means extra cores,

you constantly need to establish for people that more ram doesnt not equal better graphics and an i7 is not the end all be all of gaming,

you have to explain why a 400 dollar laptop will not overclock,

you find yourself CONSTANTLY trying to explain to your friends who wont trust your opinion over a "professionals" that the people at staples are not computer masterminds.

you get the idea

You know you are a techie when...

You have to explain to your brother than you are not talking to him for buy Assassins Creed: Unity

Your girlfriend asks what color key caps you want for Christmas

You spend more time researching a product than you do using it

Halfbreed

you wear a usb drive on your wrist with the latest Ubuntu release  

And here I was, thinking I was the only person who did this...

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

You know you are a techie when...

You have to explain to your brother than you are not talking to him for buy Assassins Creed: Unity

Your girlfriend asks what color key caps you want for Christmas

You spend more time researching a product than you do using it

relationship goals: girlfriend who understands me so well she knows that she isn't crazy to buy me keycaps as the perfect gift. 

my ex-girlfriend who I am now still close friends with (kinda have to be, same major and all) has teased me for my love of keyboards since we were just beginning to date.

relationship goals: girlfriend who understands me so well she knows that she isn't crazy to buy me keycaps as the perfect gift. 

my ex-girlfriend who I am now still close friends with (kinda have to be, same major and all) has teased me for my love of keyboards since we were just beginning to date.

Yea I lucked out that way  :D  \

Don't worry, she is out there!

Halfbreed

One: When you bring your gigabit switch, PC, monitor, and nas to school, nd tell everyone to bring their computer and host CoD tourneys in the library at finals.

Two: When you wear 13 different flash drives with different tools, boot drives, music...

Three: When wherever you go you take a backpack with a complete computer repair kit.

Four: When you can recite every component in your computer and network without stuttering once.

When you realize that 99% of computer science majors know absolutely nothing about computers. 

When you constantly have a tech forum open on any and all devices you have with you. 

When you count down the minutes before the regular daily tech/game sale/s occur/s.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.