You know you're a techie when. . .

i don't have a laser cuter but my father did every tile on the whole house and other stuff so i have a lot of tools to use 

is mdf sturdy enough ?

It's decent as long as you use enough of it. As an added bonus it doesn't resonate very much at all so it's excellent for building a quiet machine.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

evinta, on 05 Nov 2014 - 2:07 PM, said:

Hes pulling my leg. Hes classic american. 

In other words, when i made the mistake of not pushing my RAM all the way in he told me don't worry your a female, the proof is in the pudding.

He wouldn't say no to them but he doesn't expect me to. 

classic American? Hay, I almost take offence to that!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

When you take an old laptop, strip it to the aluminium disk (I'm British and I insist on spelling it properly) and make the read/write head into a necklace.

EDIT: Also, when a friend asks you to diagnose a problem over the phone due to PC not booting, you ask whats on the Hard drive.

As they reply "WD Blue" you immediately say "Hard drive failure" and are correct! :) True story ;)

classic American? Hay, I almost take offence to that!

Sorry, he has a weird humor and most americans i found had that! 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

When you stay home from clubbing to finish a friend you and your friend have been working on.

when you put ram in your icecream

mmmm the vanilla and silicone tastes delicious!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

When everytime someone aske about my phone I have to explain what rooting and custom rom is...

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

You can't find a USB stick and resort to an old harddrive and a USB to IDE adapter.

This. I actually carry around an old 250gb IDE drive (in an antistatc bag of course) and an adapter in my tech backpack.

You get mad when school blocks task manager and CMD

Browse the form for the last 3/4 of programming class

Spend a Friday night watching a tech news show xD

Join school cisco networking class just to get the discounts on cisco products

Command prompt is locked at my school. They really know how to lock down our computers sadly. I can't access task manager or run dialog - anything....

If you're running windows 7, you can use powershell

What the hey....

When you've seen pretty much every thread ever created and when they re-appear on  a new-ish forum with members who seem to have just opened their eyes for the first time at tech that you just roll your eyes at the repetitive nature of it all.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

When you get asked to help with every remotely tech-related issue by EVERYONE in school...

Not only computers...I am ALWAYS the one doing lighting and sound for any kind of event in school...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

-when you pull off and  disassemble your graphics card cooler for fun/science

-when you've pulled your phone apart completely and put it back together because you got bored in class

-having random parts and batteries laying around

-wanting many parts but deciding to chose what you are going to get by what's on sale on black Friday/boxing day

-having to ghetto rig something, i.e. holding my gpu up with a a plastic lid from an origami set

-having taken a hacksaw to your pc because something was to large

-being the it squad in your school after you might aswell have already been

-loading win7 pro to a pc with win7 enterprise and a locked bios

-have destroyed at least one mac because they are inferior

-having dislike for apple products and all in ones, not to mention alienwares

well im out of things right now..

...most conversations you have on tech-related topics end in "never mind.."

OHHHHH!

...surprisingly accurate. When the conversation changes from games and how hard they are to run to the efficiency of different graphics APIs, my friends are completely lost. But I can't blame them...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

When your keychain has a Pentium 4 hanging from it.

When you paint a computer part and your family thinks you're weird for doing so.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

When people gawk at you like you're a wizard when all you did was realize that the classroom's projector had a loose DVI cable.

When your friends think you are a God because you built a computer, and because you fix all your teachers tech issues in like, 2 seconds.

When you laugh when you get home at 2:56. Get it? 256-Bit Memory interface? No? Fine.

When somebody is talking about Fractals in math and you can't stop thinking of Linus getting pied in the face. 

When you can't stand having anything outdated.

When you're using a 20 ft. power cord extension just to hook up your speakers.

When you're the only person who takes the free Floppy Disks from your neighbor's garage sale.

When you get mad at people taking their tech for granted.

When you figure out how long the average human would live if Moore's Law applied to the human lifespan. (True story, by my best calculations, you'd live 86 years (A slightly extended lifespan) within 6 actual years)

When you're the only kid at school who isn't a filthy console peasant.

When you are looked at in the most awkward way when you say the iPhone 6+ is better than the 6.

And the list goes on and on and on and on and on...

oohhh, damn

Believe me, I've tried every last thing.....

Luckily they don't block right click..... thank god....

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Soon...

Maybe they'll block user inputs altogether and just run a script during class time...

I would imagine that you can only use your keyboard to control the computer xD

What the hey....

Soon...

Maybe they'll block user inputs altogether and just run a script during class time...

Maybe they'll just throw keyboards out altogether.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||