You know you're a techie when. . .

I would imagine that you can only use your keyboard to control the computer xD

I bring my laptop most of the time to avoid BS like their slow ass computers and lockdowns on them....

Networks are less restrictive though. Only thing I've seen not work is Instagram. Everything else (even Twitter) works.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I bring my laptop most of the time to avoid BS like their slow ass computers and lockdowns on them....

Networks are less restrictive though. Only thing I've seen not work is Instagram. Everything else (even Twitter) works.

my county was the first in the state, and I think the country to deploy laptops to every high school student something like 14 years ago, so they got really good at blocking everything but the one hole they always left open was at least one device was bootable. last year it was the CD bay hdd and the laptops had an empty CD bay so I got a CD bay hdd caddy.

you could try finding a BIOS password generator, enabling USB booting and boot a USB with Ubuntu. that's what I did from my freshman year until my senior year when they wised up and updated the BIOS on the new laptops we got.

You immediately uninstall every single piece of shit program your laptop comes with (not a gaming laptop, a study laptop).

Your friend asks you if you can assemble a gaming pc for him. Doing that within 15 minutes and 6 weeks later he shows you this list of components some store made for him and you're just like "Yeah that is like 90% of what I made for you in 15 minutes."

When you get excited at doing a clean reinstal of your PC just because.

When you're able to download almost every game/movie/program for free...

"You either die a noob. Or live long enough to be called a hacker"

i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz -- GTX980 Windforce -- 16GB RAM - BenQ XL2420G (1080p 144Hz G-sync)

Full Current Build

When you're going to school and your computer teacher ends up getting you hired at the school to work on their computers.

When every family member and kid in the block comes to you for hardware and software support.

When an ex-friend still comes to you for tech support.

When you're not staff of a site but your opinion on the technical side of things is still considered invaluable.

When you've been to and understand what the deep web is.

When you know that 4chan is not a single person.

when you get into a mad argument with filthy console gamers that only use the new PC they don't know the specs of for minecraft and red crucible! I'M LOOKING AT YOU SEBASTIAN MCDANIEL.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

You know the group, "Techies" an aweful lot like us, except for one fatal flaw.

They're condescending, patronizing, think they know everything there is to know, and think you know nothing just because you dont know what SCSI stands for (or worse, because you have boobs).

So, what are your experiences?

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

Can't techies just be a common term for people who enjoy technology in general? I don't see how such a word can become associated with a negative group.

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

Can't techies just be a common term for people who enjoy technology in general? I don't see how such a word can become associated with a negative group.

I think she means the subspecies of techie that behaves that way, hence quotes.

I think she means the subspecies of techie that behaves that way, hence quotes.

Correct.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

"Linux is a superior operating system"

Not just any linux user, that type

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

impossible, there are no girls on the internet 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Wow, you making me think, I am out. Jk, I agree it can very much be that way.

There's this guy in my class that acts like a techy but he couldn't even use the word resolution.

The thing is, he acts like he knows a lot because he has a mac. lol

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

For me, it was when I went to best buy for the first time, and the geek squad insisted on showing me what to buy.

Core i7-3770, Geforce GT-630... you get the idea...

But they decided to explain absolutely everything, even after I told them that I knew what I was doing.

frustrated me enough to make me walk out of the store & just buy off tiger-direct.

For me, it was when I went to best buy for the first time, and the geek squad insisted on showing me what to buy.

Core i7-3770, Geforce GT-630... you get the idea...

But they decided to explain absolutely everything, even after I told them that I knew what I was doing.

frustrated me enough to make me walk out of the store & just buy off tiger-direct.

Hey, it's still better than the guy who built his computer with a Xeon with a Quadro.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Hey, it's still better than the guy who built his computer with a Xeon with a Quadro.

ouch.

ouch.

I wouldn't talk down to you because you have boobs if I worked at a computer store. I might glance at your boobs but I would never condescend to you. That's just rude.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

(From 2012, this guy worked at Best Buy) - "No, your iMac wouldn't have a dual core processor. Dual core processors are a really NEW thing and you'd have to spend a LOT of money to get a computer with one."

The iMac in question was one with a Core 2 **DUO**...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

apple fanboy on my school bus, thinks he's cool because he has a raspberry pi, but i haven't really talked to him much, so i don't know anything

I wouldn't talk down to you because you have boobs if I worked at a computer store. I might glance at your boobs but I would never condescend to you. That's just rude.

And that's fine, TBH, it's just a male thing.

Talking down is where I draw the line.

I literally had a 2 hour long argument with a "techie" about how the heartbleed bug wasn't a virus. And how a web browser worked.

I literally had a 2 hour long argument with a "techie" about how the heartbleed bug wasn't a virus. And how a web browser worked.

Reminds me of my friend, He thinks that heartbleed only effects windows, cause he thinks it's a virus, and he thinks Macs dont get viruses.

The ammount of pain it took to write that...

Reminds me of my friend, He thinks that heartbleed only effects windows, cause he thinks it's a virus, and he thinks Macs dont get viruses.

The ammount of pain it took to write that...

So what does he consider a hackintosh?

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4