So, Tim Cook is Gay.

Majinferno

I'm not saying he isn't being honest, but I have this feeling that some of these famous people are 'coming out of the closet' simply for publicity and marketing.

Homophobia is at an all time low in America thanks to all of the LGBT people for sticking to their guns, which is a good thing. So I hope Mr. Tim is being honest and not piggybacking on that simply to sell more Apple products.

None of my business and none of your business. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'm not saying he isn't being honest, but I have this feeling that some of these famous people are 'coming out of the closet' simply for publicity and marketing.

Homophobia is at an all time low in America thanks to all of the LGBT people for sticking to their guns, which is a good thing. So I hope Mr. Tim is being honest and not piggybacking on that simply to sell more Apple products.

shouting "look at me" isn't sticking to your guns, it's crying for attention. They could just go about their lives like the rest of us straight people do, instead they need everyone to look at them and give them approval...because reasons.

None of my business and none of your business. 

You get a virtual cookie for common sense.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

shouting "look at me" isn't sticking to your guns, it's crying for attention. They could just go about their lives like the rest of us straight people do, instead they need everyone to look at them and give them approval...because reasons.

Not all of them do it for the sake of 'look at me'. They're also wanting legal marriage equality so they can get the benefits of straight couples.

Not all of them do it for the sake of 'look at me'. They're also wanting legal marriage equality so they can get the benefits of straight couples.

Meh, couldn't care less, government has no business officiating marriages other than ensuring both parties are of legal age, and consenting to said marriage, other than that it should just be a private contract between 2 people. I'm just sick of the "announcing who you fuck" fad, as well as the "pride parades" which are just people yelling "look at me! pay attention to me! I'm so insecure in who I am that I need the world to stop and look and approve of me!".

Again, not anti anything, just pro-shutting-the-fuck-up lol

Edit: You want to be equal, then do what "normal" people do, be who you are, if someone doesn't like it, tell them to fuck off and go about your business as normal. Give them no power over you by getting all hurt and offended and whiny about things, people are assholes, and to an extent, have a right to be said assholes

Good for him, not a really big surprise actually.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

This is a markrting move for sure. Apple already has a good hold over the homosexual market. Gays hate using android. So this only strengthens their posistion in the market.

This isnt really tech news should be in off topic section.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

And no one cares ever. It is nice though that CEO's can come out of their own accord but there is less stigma on gay people today then there was in the past. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

This is a markrting move for sure. Apple already has a good hold over the homosexual market. Gays hate using android. So this only strengthens their posistion in the market.

What? Gays hate using android?

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

Eh. This sort of thing shouldn't really be news. I mean, sure that's cool he's gay. But I don't see why it's such a big deal when someone famous comes out as gay. I mean maybe it's a big deal to straight people, even if you're not like "omg he's GAY!!!??!!?!? BURN HIM" I just don't get it.

But then I also don't really care for celebrity gossip as in the end of it all they're just people like you and me that end up having a job or have done something that gets them in the public eye. That's about it.

This also makes my "Apple fag" statement funnier in my head. I mean look at your stereotypical Apple fanboy who thinks Apple products are the godsend of tech and tell me that statement doesn't fit a good portion of them.

They could just go about their lives like the rest of us straight people do, instead they need everyone to look at them and give them approval...because reasons.

Yeah right, because no one has ever been needlessly assaulted or attacked or discriminated against while just going about their daily lives...

The very notion that because you might be sexually attracted to something different to someone else puts your life or mental and physical well-being in danger is absurd, yet common.

You may not care or simply think that they should keep quiet and not make a fuss over it, which is fine.  But we mustn't forget there are many people out there who would call for genital mutilation, brainwashing or even death against their fellow human beings simply because they are different.

Good on LBGTI* for sticking up for themselves.  Every sane-minded individual should be standing side by side with them whether it's the US or around the globe.

I await the day when we react to someone coming out the same way we react to if they said they like cheese on toast, their cars red or their drinks cold.

To make it out like it's something special, unique, is just a waste of everyone's time and effort, there is more to people that should hold water than whom they choose to be intimate with, so I don't really understand why that specific point is always the one that gets the biggest cheers, the most attention.

A week after a gay pride parade, I'm going to start a new parade, simply called "We eat our cereal with forks", just because all of the unique, little special flowers in society need to know that none of us give a fuck unless you throw it in their faces and they'll care just to get you to shut up and put some clothes on for a fucking second.

Yeah right, because no one has ever been needlessly assaulted or attacked or discriminated against while just going about their daily lives...

The very notion that because you might be sexually attracted to something different to someone else puts your life or mental and physical well-being in danger is absurd, yet common.

You may not care or simply think that they should keep quiet and not make a fuss over it, which is fine.  But we mustn't forget there are many people out there who would call for genital mutilation, brainwashing or even death against their fellow human beings simply because they are different.

Good on LBGTI* for sticking up for themselves.  Every sane-minded individual should be standing side by side with them whether it's the US or around the globe.

I understand that completely, and I am against that sort of behavior of course, but I'm not going to stand next to them as they shout "look at me, I'm different, but I demand to be treated equally but also treated special". Straight people don't get straight pride parades, so LBGT's getting them isn't "equality" it's special treatment. I'm not saying don't stand up against assault, I'm saying "learn that people somewhat have a right to be offensive, as you have a right to be offended" in fact, you don't have a right to not be offended by others.

People have a right to their opinions regardless of whether or not you agree or disagree. I don't think churches should be forced to officiate gay weddings, even though I am an atheist. Sure they're "discriminating" but guess what, they have a right to their religious beliefs (however foolish they might be) and forcing them to go against those beliefs, is just as immoral as them "discriminating" against lbgt's.

I await the day when we react to someone coming out the same way we react to if they said they like cheese on toast, their cars red or their drinks cold.

To make it out like it's something special, unique, is just a waste of everyone's time and effort, there is more to people that should hold water than whom they choose to be intimate with, so I don't really understand why that specific point is always the one that gets the biggest cheers, the most attention.

A week after a gay pride parade, I'm going to start a new parade, simply called "We eat our cereal with forks", just because all of the unique, little special flowers in society need to know that none of us give a fuck unless you throw it in their faces and they'll care just to get you to shut up and put some clothes on for a fucking second.

I completely support this initiative.

Point absolutely missed, a freaking shooting star blazing over your head man.  What a nice little sentiment to all those beaten and bullied and raped and killed and chemically and physically castrated and mutilated and brainwashed.

Should it be a big deal that someone comes out?  No.  But we don't live in an ideal world.  Ask yourself why this movement exists in the first place.  Read up on some history around the legislation and legal battles.  These causes... people gave their lives for to fight against discrimination that exists even today, every day, against millions of people.  People made of the same stuff you are, from the same species, spawned on the same wet little rock.

I can't believe there has to be an excuse to celebrate a basic human right.  Shit it's not even human right, it exists in the animal kingdom, it's the right of any living thing.

The fact is people are still discriminated against and in the worst cases are put to death around the world for being of a certain gender identity or sexual orientation.

Having massive parades brings awareness to this.  That is the point of the LGBTI* movement, well this and to provide a safe haven, advice and community for those inclined.  It is to welcome ALL, yes even straight supporters, into providing rights and legislation that supports those currently not legally supported.  As a human right.

And of course it's your right to criticise it, or even stand against it.  But we all also have the right to call you a dick for doing so :)

(not actually calling anyone here a dick btw, just an example!!  I take homophobia and insensitivity very seriously after having been in a long term relationship with someone of a non-binary gender... it can adjust your perspective on things quite drastically and taught me a lot)

It's kinda sad that this is news. We don't post about CEO being hetero... Anyway, good for him. 

Because it's far more uncommon to be homosexual compared to being heterosexual?

I don't get why people think it's intolerant to acknowledge that he is gay. Equality isn't about pretending that everyone is the same, it's about acknowledging and accepting that people are different. I'd say it's far more intolerant to pretend like everyone is the same. I'd rather have people say "oh you're gay? Good for you for having the courage to make it public." than to say "who cares? I don't and it's sad that you think you're special because of it. You should shut up about it!" if I announced I was gay.

Sexuality is a pretty big part of our identity so pretending like everyone is the same and nobody sticks out from the norm is not what I'd call "tolerance".

It's a big stretch to call this tech news though. I mean, it's only connected to technology because it's the CEO of a tech company. It wouldn't really be tech news if it turned out he was a fantastic piano player, right?

Oh that's a pretty decent analogy. What if people reacted this way to a post about Tim Cook being a great piano player?

Tim: "Hey guys I thought I'd upload a video of me playing a great song on my piano"

LTT community trying to be tolerant towards piano players:

"There are piano players all over the world. Who cares? I don't..."

"This thread should be moved or preferably deleted"

"It's kind of sad that this is news. We don't post about CEO not being able to play the piano... Anyway good for him."

"WHO CARES. Piano players are just like non-piano players and i don't understand why this is a thing to talk about."

"The fact that this is considered news is still a sign that we haven't come to accept this as something completely normal yet. [remember, still talking about a guy being good at playing the piano]"

Edit: Forgot to add my comment on the news.

I thought he was already out and that it was common knowledge. On another forum I visit he was often called "Tim Cock" because of it. But then again, on that forum anything relating to Apple is gay.

I can't believe there has to be an excuse to celebrate a basic human right.  Shit it's not even human right, it exists in the animal kingdom, it's the right of any living thing.

What Human Right are you referring to, specifically?

What defines Human Right?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...