So, Tim Cook is Gay.

Majinferno

To be fair, Apple has larger cash reserves then many banks. They're literally rolling in over $100 Billion USD in actual cash ($130 Bn USD last time I saw).

Agreed. QFT. Some of the younger members may be going through this themselves, or know people who have. But by and large, I think you're correct.

I like to think that a lot more people here are at least understanding of what struggles are incurred by homosexuals in modern society, especially in parts of the world that are exceedingly hostile against their, well, existence. 

And to Apples cash reserves...165 billion per the last SEC filings. They'll probably get to 200 billion by end of year at the rate they are going. And thats 200 billion in reserve...thats 200 billion of "I'm bored, how can I blow this?" money. Just insane. 

To be fair, Apple has larger cash reserves then many banks. They're literally rolling in over $100 Billion USD in actual cash ($130 Bn USD last time I saw).

Agreed. QFT. Some of the younger members may be going through this themselves, or know people who have. But by and large, I think you're correct.

Kind of a wrong example. I mean things like this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/maxseddon/russian-official-says-apple-ceo-should-be-banned-from-russia

Interested in Business and Technology

Well sure, but who cares if Russian Officials bans Tim Cook from Russia? How many times has he been there in the last 10 years? Has he ever gone?

Will that affect Apple's worldwide business in any meaningful way? Probably not. Hell, Apple could simply pull out of Russia completely and it likely still wouldn't affect their global business TOO much.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So he is losing sales by doing this?

Possibly, people boycott companies for all sorts of reasons, so it's only logical that you would expect a certain number of people to want to boycott apple over this. It may be an insignificant number like the nestle thing of the 80's or it might be a whole country like the middle eastern ones I mentioned. 

I have to ask though, Why is it good for you that apple might lose sales?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just stating the double standards, nothing more.

It would only be a double standard if homosexuals where treated the same as heterosexuals. I direct you to post 216 on page 11 for more information.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This is a markrting move for sure. Apple already has a good hold over the homosexual market. Gays hate using android. So this only strengthens their posistion in the market

What the hell are you smoking mate?  I'm gay I use Android, wouldn't touch an apple product.

Just keep your ignorant thoughts to yourself.

Where?

Just because you havent seen it doesn't mean people aren't ridiculed/attacked all over the world just because they are gay.

Eh, I was never congratulated for being straight. 

He isn't being congratulated for being gay but for coming out and standing up and representing gay people in a society (America) where its still not accepted by a large part of the population.

When you are at the same risk of being murdered,raped,beaten, abused for being straight as people are for being gay then you can get a congratulations but until then get over yourself.