So, Tim Cook is Gay.

Majinferno

This is news.

Didn't see this coming but definitely not a surprise.

EDIT: Lots of ignorance in this thread. 

Let him be what he wants. I don't care.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

It's kinda sad that this is news. We don't post about CEO being hetero... Anyway, good for him. 

I mean, it's not like humans are naturally supposed to be heterosexual or anything

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I mean, it's not like humans are naturally supposed to be heterosexual or anything

Yeah cause it's all about reproduction. I think we passed that stage. Life is about having fun. 

Yeah cause it's all about reproduction. I think we passed that stage. Life is about having fun. 

That's like removing your motherboards bios chip just because you have windows on your hard drive

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I know several have posted this already, but this should not in any way be news. I do not care if he is gay. I do not care if he is straight. I'm tired of people making a big deal out of sexual orientation. It has zero impact on any of our lives.

I don't think people like you fully grasp why I posted this here, despite how many times I've restated it.

This was not posted because Cook is gay and it should be news. This is posted because Cook announcing he is gay can have an affect of Apple based on how people react to his announcement. Whether it's an investor, consumer, partner, etc. The fact of the matter is, we still have ignorant people in this world that will look at Cooks announcement in a negative light. It just so happens that these ignorant people can be investors, stockholders, or even average consumers. With this in mind, I posted this thread in the news section.

I don't think people like you fully grasp why I posted this here, despite how many times I've restated it.

This was not posted because Cook is gay and it should be news. This is posted because Cook announcing he is gay can have an affect of Apple based on how people react to his announcement. Whether it's an investor, consumer, partner, etc. The fact of the matter is, we still have ignorant people in this world that will look at Cooks announcement in a negative light. It just so happens that these ignorant people can be investors, stockholders, or even average consumers. With this in mind, I posted this thread in the news section.

That's reason enough. My parents own some Apple stock, so how the market will react is important to them.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Not TECH news

this is off topic

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

I can't believe someone posted this in the News section.

So what if he is Gay? Who cares? This is not tech news. This is Celebrity Gossip news at best. I've requested Mods to move this to Off Topic, where it can be properly discussed.

I will say this: I salute you, Mr. Cook, for having the courage to come out. I'm sorry that people are making a big deal about something that shouldn't be a big deal. Accept my sincerest apologies, and please return to your regular (probably awesome) life.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

...what?

Can I please get a congratulations for being straight?

You do realize I'm congratulating him on having the guts to announce he is gay in a society were homosexuals still get ridiculed. I'm not saying congrats because he is gay.

Way to make an enemy out of someone who would rather be your friend.

I can't believe someone posted this in the News section.

So what if he is Gay? Who cares? This is not tech news. This is Celebrity Gossip news at best. I've requested Mods to move this to Off Topic, where it can be properly discussed.

I will say this: I salute you, Mr. Cook, for having the courage to come out. I'm sorry that people are making a big deal about something that shouldn't be a big deal. Accept my sincerest apologies, and please return to your regular (probably awesome) life.

For those of you that refuse to read. I'll repeat myself again.

I totally understand what you're saying and why you posted this, but what I was trying to say (and maybe not very clearly) was that the sexual orientation of an individual should not have an impact on how we react to them, and I'm frustrated and embarrassed that we still live in a time when this is not so. That's it. 

For those of you that refuse to read. I'll repeat myself again.

I understand your reason. I still think it's wrong. By posting it in the News section, you are contributing to that propagation by giving it undue attention. If their stock takes a dive specifically because of this, then that would be worthy of a News post.

You are of course perfectly free to post it here, but I'm also perfectly free to disagree with your reasoning, and report it to the mods. They will decide for themselves whether it's worthy of being in News, or should be relegated to Off Topic. I've done my part, the rest is up to them. If they decide to leave the thread here, I will respect their decision - even if I disagree with it.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

whatever I guess this is a good things for LGBT people in the US.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I understand your reason. I still think it's wrong. By posting it in the News section, you are contributing to that propagation by giving it undue attention. If their stock takes a dive specifically because of this, then that would be worthy of a News post.

You are of course perfectly free to post it here, but I'm also perfectly free to disagree with your reasoning, and report it to the mods. They will decide for themselves whether it's worthy of being in News, or should be relegated to Off Topic. I've done my part, the rest is up to them. If they decide to leave the thread here, I will respect their decision - even if I disagree with it.

While I don't think we see eye to eye, I respect your opinion. However, the deed is done and my thread has already been moved.

While I don't think we see eye to eye, I respect your opinion. However, the deed is done and my thread has already been moved.

Aye, and I respect yours as well, even though we disagree on that. I totally understood where you were coming from though and why you thought it was news worthy.

Where?

Ignorant people always ridicule homosexuals. That's why you congratulate someone for coming out the closet because it's does take some courage to do. People even get kicked out or disowned by their parents for being homosexual. It's not an easy thing to come out about.

With this in mind, I congratulate Tim.

Ignorant people always ridicule homosexuals. That's why you congratulate someone for coming out the closet because it's does take some courage to do. People even get kicked out or disowned by their parents for being homosexual. It's not an easy thing to come out about.

With this in mind, I congratulate Tim.

Luckily here in the USA we're a bit more accepting to homosexuals. There are plenty of people (ahem, hardcore Conservative Christian Republicans is the stereotypical homophobe that comes to mind) that don't accept them still. 

Luckily, those people will (mostly) eventually die off and we can stop using homosexuality as news.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/30/7130899/tim-cook-proud-to-be-gay

Well then...

In an editorial at Bloomberg Businessweek today, Apple CEO Tim Cook reveals he's proud to be gay. "So let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me." Cook explains that "plenty" of Apple employees know he’s gay and "it doesn’t seem to make a difference in the way they treat me."

Cook admits the choice to come out wasn’t easy as privacy is important to him, but the trade-off to inspire equality is clearly something the Apple CEO has considered. "I don’t consider myself an activist, but I realize how much I’ve benefited from the sacrifice of others. So if hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it’s worth the trade-off with my own privacy."

Apple has long celebrated diversity and equality, and the company, along with Tim Cook, participated in San Francisco’s Pride Parade earlier this year. Tim Cook penned a Wall Street Journal editorial last year urging Congress to pass the Employment Nondiscrimination Act. Apple also publicly opposed an Arizona bill that would have permitted businesses to refuse service on religious grounds, which governor Jan Brewer ultimately vetoed. "The company I am so fortunate to lead has long advocated for human rights and equality for all," says Cook. "We’ll continue to fight for our values, and I believe that any CEO of this incredible company, regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation, would do the same. And I will personally continue to advocate for equality for all people until my toes point up."

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

plz format for night theme users

he's gay?

ok...

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I mean... Good for him and all, but i can't wait until society reaches a point where being gay is just as newsworthy as being straight....

(It's not newsworthy at all

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder