So, Tim Cook is Gay.

Majinferno

Apples next breakthrough innovation , Tim Cook 2.0     :D

or would it be 1S since it is internal improvements and not a full redesign?  

I'm not pretending everyone is the same. I'm well aware that there's a difference between acknowledging someone is gay and being intolerant to it. It's just that for me, it's such a trivial thing. I really don't care.

Maybe that's more related to my personnality. I generally don't look forward details about peoples personnal life. So that could be it. I despise paparrazzi and all that kind of things but there's defenitly a market for that so... Yeah, I guess the fact that people are interested in that kind news isn't linked with the level of acceptance. 

He was the one who announced it. This wasn't some paparazzi stalking him and then published photos of him giving a BJ. Again, who do you think is the most tolerant, the one who says "shut up, nobody cares!" or the ones saying "good for you"?

Just reread this thread and pretend like it's about him being a pianist, and that he posted a video of him playing a great song. Which side do you think the most tolerant, the ones calling for the thread to be deleted and constantly shouting about him not being special, or the side saying "damn he is a good piano player"?

Tolerance is when you accept people for how they are even if they are different from you. Tolerance is not about saying "who cares? It's normal to be X so nobody should even talk about it!".

He was the one who announced it. This wasn't some paparazzi stalking him and then published photos of him giving a BJ. Again, who do you think is the most tolerant, the one who says "shut up, nobody cares!" or the ones saying "good for you"?

Just reread this thread and pretend like it's about him being a pianist, and that he posted a video of him playing a great song. Which side do you think the most tolerant, the ones calling for the thread to be deleted and constantly shouting about him not being special, or the side saying "damn he is a good piano player"?

Tolerance is when you accept people for how they are even if they are different from you. Tolerance is not about saying "who cares? It's normal to be X so nobody should even talk about it!".

Yeah let's debate over it. I love this kind of shit ! 

That's because people like you have your heads up your ass and fail to distinguish between tolerance and acceptance.

If you want gay TOLERANCE for eternity, congratulations. That's a lot of hardship for gays to bare, you can tolerate something with loathing it.

However, I'm one of those people who literally don't give a fuck. Gay? I don't fucking care, I didn't ask, I didn't need to know, I don't care about your sex life, your love life, and it doesn't change a single thing about you or me. If I hate you I hate you, if I like you I like you. Get your values straight, when a white dude says "I'm a white guy" everyone will say "Who cares", because it doesn't fucking matter and is nothing special, just like being gay.

On another note, did you guys know that the new Spock, Zachary Quinto, was gay..? Neither did I, because it doesn't matter.

Besides, Tim Cook probably only did this for the business publicity for sales from the gay demographic, given Apple's horrible business ethics.

I find it sad that we live in a world where this has to be news.

Still, I suppose that's why he felt obligated to 'come out' to the world and I do hope his actions may help somebody out there that may be having some issues regarding 'coming out' to those around them or accepting their sexuality.

I thought he was, I don't understand why this makes the news though, we don't get major news headlines that Steve ballmer is straight, do we.

I thought he was, I don't understand why this makes the news though, we don't get major news headlines that Steve ballmer is straight, do we.

Because there are less people who are gay, and there are still people who dislike gays and believe they are above them, this proves otherwise.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

" I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me"

ohboy.gif

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

This doesn't change my opinion of him

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

well arn't they passing a document by the pope to accept homosexuality in to the religion?

The pope wanted it to be accepted but they didn't get over 2/3 of the needed votes, It's a sad thing.

That's because people like you have your heads up your ass and fail to distinguish between tolerance and acceptance.

If you want gay TOLERANCE for eternity, congratulations. That's a lot of hardship for gays to bare, you can tolerate something with loathing it.

However, I'm one of those people who literally don't give a fuck. Gay? I don't fucking care, I didn't ask, I didn't need to know, I don't care about your sex life, your love life, and it doesn't change a single thing about you or me. If I hate you I hate you, if I like you I like you. Get your values straight, when a white dude says "I'm a white guy" everyone will say "Who cares", because it doesn't fucking matter and is nothing special, just like being gay.

On another note, did you guys know that the new Spock, Zachary Quinto, was gay..? Neither did I, because it doesn't matter.

Besides, Tim Cook probably only did this for the business publicity for sales from the gay demographic, given Apple's horrible business ethics.

Excuse me but how do I have "my head up my ass" for saying that people are different and we shouldn't pretend like everyone is the same?

Yes I do want gay tolerance. I don't see how that would be a hardship for homosexuals. You're deluding yourself if you think that not acknowledging that homosexuals exist will cause everyone to fully accept them. There will always be people who dislike group X, and they are entitled to their opinions. I will probably think they are stupid, but they still have the right to think whatever they want. Tolerance has to go both ways. People who hate homosexuals should tolerate them, and everyone else should tolerate them back.

You seem to care quite a bit, since you not only opened the thread and read it but also spent time writing this reply.

The reason why nobody would care about you saying you're white is 1) in a lot of countries it's the norm and 2) it's something they can see.

If you instead went "I was born with a congenital heart defect" they would probably be interested because it's uncommon and it's not something they can see by simply looking at you. And no I am not trying to saying being gay is like having a birth defect so don't try to strawman that.

Only 1.6% of people are homosexuals. That's hardly what I would call the norm. I think it devalues their stance by brushing it off like "nobody cares! Shut up about it! Delete the thread!" and then pretending like it's so common it shouldn't even be acknowledged.

If you don't have anything nice to say then why comment at all? if you don't care why post anything? Saying nice things to him is better than hating on everyone saying nice things.

That's at least how I read the thread. A bunch of people giving him nice comments and encouragement, and then a bunch of people saying the people leaving nice comments are bad people because homosexuality shouldn't be acknowledged.

It's actually really sad that this is as big of a deal as it is..... (The fact that people still care about who someone is attracted to) 

@LAwLz I'm actually surprised its only 1.6%, I really would've guessed it to be higher. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm sure Apple was losing so much money their CEO decided to come out in a desperate attempt to make more money. lol.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

Have a look through the 25 or so in there and educate.  I had them copied in here but it was a bit of a wall of text.  An AWESOME wall of text.

The first 3 should illustrate it pretty well though:

Article 1.

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 2.

Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 3.

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

So what does that have to do with LGBT pride?

The UN has defined the human rights.

It's called The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

It doesn't mention anything about the right to whichever sexuality you want though. The closest thing it gets is that everyone should have the same freedoms and rights no matter sex, opinion, race etc. Being a homosexual by itself is not a human right in the same way as being a piano player is not a human right. Piano players and homosexuals should not be treated differently under the law is a human right though.

That's what I was looking at.

I also didn't find anything that mentions anything about right to be free of discrimination for sexuality.

A lot of people confuse right with privilege.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Oh Boy..it's the #Bendgate all over again...

get it..?  :D

Details separate people.

in a world thats everyone is so desperately trying to achieve equality (I for one think its stupid, people are different society should accept that), why is this news?  you don't see any headlines about CEO's being straight...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Oh Boy..it's the #Bendgate all over again...

get it..?   :D

ha-gay-o.gif

10/10, made me lol. About the only good thing to come out of this threads.

I'm sure Apple was losing so much money their CEO decided to come out in a desperate attempt to make more money. lol.

Yea, I know eh? Their almost 200 billion in reserve cash + all their other assets must have really put them in the sad position to have to do this. 

I also lol'd at the horrible business ethics statement. Sure it doesn't make it right that every company is the devil, but lets not pretend that every company is the devil. They don't give a fuck about us, just so long as we keep paying them for their stuff. Apple, HP, Dell, Ford, Mercedes, fucking BIC who makes crappy pens; they don't care about YOU. They care about your wallet and how much they can get out of it. 

"Horrible business ethics" is what people in business call "doing business". 

Good for him.

Side note

He seriously called Apple "a company that loves creativity and innovation"

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I find it sad that we live in a world where this has to be news.

Still, I suppose that's why he felt obligated to 'come out' to the world and I do hope his actions may help somebody out there that may be having some issues regarding 'coming out' to those around them or accepting their sexuality.

I told you guys not to think on it to much, now look where we're at. Its not here because he's gay and it should be news. Its here because Cook announcing he's gay can affect Apple in several ways based on how people react to his announcement.

Not news. Was revealed a year ago. Tim Cook still has little charisma as a CEO. He is irrelevant.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Because there are less people who are gay, and there are still people who dislike gays and believe they are above them, this proves otherwise.

It proves them otherwise 10 times over, this guy is a pioneer and he is changing what the future is going to be. But even bbc news (who I consider to be reasonable) sent a notification via the app about this.

Why is homosexuality being so advertised?

I've got nothing against it but come on...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Tim Cook is gay, Water is wet! So what! Move on guys!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.