Same ol' digging just a different day.

deathjester

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=913010

Link to the Giantbomb podcast in the Neogaf thread.

"I'm happy to enlighten you guys because way too much bullshit about 1080p making a difference is being thrown around. If the game is as pretty and fun as ours will be, who cares? Getting this game to 900p was a BITCH. The game is so huge in terms of rendering that it took months to get it to 720p at 30fps. The game was 9fps 9 months ago ("4 year dev time" lol) . We only achieved 900p at 30fps weeks ago. The PS4 couldn't handle 1080p 30fps for our game, whatever people, or Sony and Microsoft say. Yes, we have a deal with Microsoft, and yes we don't want people fighting over it, but with all the recent concessions from Microsoft, backing out of CPU reservations not once, but twice, you're talking about a 1 or 2 fps difference between the two consoles.

So yes, locking the framerate is a conscious decision to keep people bullshiting, but that doesn't seem to have worked in the end. Even if Ubi has deals, the dev team members are proud, and want the best performance out of every console out there (how about PC clowns). What's hard is not getting the game to render at this point, it's making everything else in the game work at the same level of performance we designed from the start for the graphics. By the amount of content and NPCs in the game, from someone who witnessed optimization for lots of Ubisoft games in the past, this is crazily optimized for such a young generation of consoles. This really is about to define a next gen like no other game before (LOL). Mordor has next gen system and gameplay, but not graphics like Unity does.

The proof comes in that game being cross gen. Our producer (Vincent) saying we're bound with AI by the CPU is right, but not entirely (uh ok, I am a tall man but also short). Consider this, they started this game so early for next gen, MS and Sony wanted to push graphics first (screw you Crysis 3, consoles push forward graphics), so that's what we did. I believe 50% of the CPU is dedicated to helping the rendering by processing pre-packaged information, and in our case, much like Unreal 4, baked global illumination lighting. The result is amazing graphically, the depth of field and lighting effects are beyond anything you've seen on the market (I imagine they look like the depth of field we turned on in Watch Dogs), and even may surpass Infamous and others. Because of this I think the build is a full 50gigs, filling the bluray to the edge, and nearly half of that is lighting data."

Love the random jab at Shadows of Mordor, when it looks better than any Ubisoft game on my PC, runs WAY better than any Ubisoft game on my PC, and my cpu sits damn near idle the optimization is so good, while throwing people off cliffs and into fires and them running around on fire or fighting a ton of enemies on my screen and having draw distance for days.

So this is a CPU bound title, when Ubisoft has shown they are the most incompetent jackasses to ever optimize the CPU on PC ports. Should run at about 20-25 FPS on a overclocked I7 with SLI GTX 980's at 1080p.

eqyewy.gif

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Why are we constantly engaging in the circular discussion about how limited hardware yields limited results in games? It's a non topic.

Yeah why would we ever discuss a company that makes the worst PC ports around, while selling technical fairy tales on resolution and FPS, and championing a 30 FPS standard for all platforms through PR. In what way would this affect people on a PC enthusiast website. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Yeah why would we ever discuss a company that makes the worst PC ports around, while selling technical fairy tales on resolution and FPS, and championing a 30 FPS standard for all platforms through PR. In what way would this affect people on a PC enthusiast website. 

Just stop buying their games, decent PC developers will ignore them and hell even EA isn't following them because they don't even push console parity now.

dat gif tho

Just stop buying their games, decent PC developers will ignore them and hell even EA isn't following them because they don't even push console parity now.

Oh I agree with that.

Oh I agree with that.

Their justification bullshit isn't aimed at PC players, it's wool for the eyes of people who just bought the latest consoles and that is why I don't see the need for us (PC community) to offer rebuttal over simply ignoring it and not giving them money for poor PC games.

Wow it's like watching a dictator with no power: "You don't know what you want, it's bullshit cause I says so, stop complaining"

This is fucking insulting at this point.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wow it's like watching a dictator with no power: "You don't know what you want, it's bullshit cause I says so, stop complaining"

You should really seek some anger management, or perhaps seek spirituality or something. Every time you post you're always going off raging and swearing and complaining. It's not good for your mental health.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I was happy when I pirated Watch Dogs first before buying it. Suggest others to do the same for Ubisoft titles to see if they give us poor quality on the PC ports. I don't buy what they are talking, so I'm not going to buy what their downgrading for us.

someday it'll just die just wait people ^^ already boycottin' this bullsh*t myself

I was happy when I pirated Watch Dogs first before buying it. Suggest others to do the same for Ubisoft titles to see if they give us poor quality on the PC ports. I don't buy what they are talking, so I'm not going to buy what their downgrading for us.

Or you know you could look to user reviews and gameplay footage instead of pirating, which just gives devs a reason to completely avoid PC.

If you want to make a real difference, don't buy the game. Don't pirate the game. Don't click on articles about the game. Don't watch videos about the game. That will make a difference.

People who love PC gaming don't pirate PC games.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I can't honestly support a company like Ubisoft, or hell. Almost any modern AAA developer for that matter. They focus far too much to make a game LOOK pretty and focus less and less on gameplay, and often disregard optimization for the PC too.

One of the few games that I have been looking forward to as of late have been Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. That and Kingdom Hearts 2.5HD, but that's only because I'm a sucker for the KH series :c

Or you know you could look to user reviews and gameplay footage instead of pirating, which just gives devs a reason to completely avoid PC.

If you want to make a real difference, don't buy the game. Don't pirate the game. Don't click on articles about the game. Don't watch videos about the game. That will make a difference.

Definitely agree that people shouldn't pirate games. I expect the videos about the poor optimization to be up about a week after release. That is when the Uplay servers should be working. I watched vids on Watch Dogs laughed and was glad I had cancelled my preorder. AC 4 was enough for me. The BS leading up to release is when I realized this company was never going to change.

Add to that the same division is doing the port of Unity that did AC4. Ubisoft Kiev. I pretty much expect the worst port in Ubisoft history which would be quite an impressive feat.

In a sense, your correct. However I don't believe in trashing games that I myself haven't touched. Even by seeing user reviews, you can't judge the game through them. We have already seen games that failed to even start up on certain systems. You can look at a review of a working setup, but then it fails on your own. This is just a true problem of the PC Gaming industry in general, and until that is fixed, I can't truly say that PC gaming is truly alive.

I don't agree with completely ignoring their work, because that is what destroys the entire game industry. I appreciate what developers do, but acts like this don't deserve my support. If they change, you won't realize it until you see it yourself. However to see it yourself, you must play it yourself, which then again ties to my point above.

I can see why pirating games can destroy PC gaming, but I'd rather play a game and support it after I realize its good. Done this with many games. This also helps me scout indie games that I will actually enjoy. So technically, pirating helped PC gaming in my point of view. 

So they only made crappy low res textures for the first 3 years? Sweet looks like money well spent

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

In a sense, your correct. However I don't believe in trashing games that I myself haven't touched. Even by seeing user reviews, you can't judge the game through them. We have already seen games that failed to even start up on certain systems. You can look at a review of a working setup, but then it fails on your own. This is just a true problem of the PC Gaming industry in general, and until that is fixed, I can't truly say that PC gaming is truly alive.

I don't agree with completely ignoring their work, because that is what destroys the entire game industry. I appreciate what developers do, but acts like this don't deserve my support. If they change, you won't realize it until you see it yourself. However to see it yourself, you must play it yourself, which then again ties to my point above.

I can see why pirating games can destroy PC gaming, but I'd rather play a game and support it after I realize its good. Done this with many games. This also helps me scout indie games that I will actually enjoy. So technically, pirating helped PC gaming in my point of view. 

I would agree. Nothing worse than reading a review, buying that game and it runs like crap or isn't as good as the review said, then you have wasted £40 on a game that you will play for like 2 hours and stop.

So let me get this straight... Ubisoft is saying that going from 768 GCN cores and DDR to 1152 GCN cores and GDDR5 only makes a 1-2 FPS difference?

BULL. FUCKING. SHIT!

Either the Xbone runs on magic that makes hardware completely irrelevant, or Ubisoft are lying through their teeth when saying that the two consoles are comparable performance wise.

"Oh but we are bound by AI now!". But the CPU being busy with AI shouldn't really stop you from putting a bit more load on the GPU. It's like saying you can't train your biceps because your leg hurts. Increasing the resolution don't add that much more CPU load.

Started a new tradition a little while back. Every time Ubisoft do something stupid I play Digga Tunnah from Lion King 1.5............................................ I now know the song of by heart.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Is not easy to find reliable reviews anymore, mostly a bunch of bought motherfuckers. I see your point about causing even more disdain from publishers but Ubisoft it's going out of their way to intentionally cripple pc games so fuck em.

And no I don't need anger management, I'm fucking fine and within code of conduct since I rant at companies and such, not forum members

-------

Current Rig

-------

Unfortunately most people who play on consoles don't know any better and don't care anyway. The majority of people I see complaining are PC gamers, and it affects us the least.

Pirating is Never Justified. Ever, No matter how shit the game is , Pirating is not okay.

Not for-

"Checking performance"

"Making sure the story is good"

"Whether or not I want to buy it"

Just watch reviews and check benchmarks.

Boycotting is When people ignore games for a reason, Pirating is just theft and being an ass.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China