Same ol' digging just a different day.

deathjester

There are so many other games to play I don't ever have to pirate anything.  It's either good enough to acquire responsibly, or I don't have to play it.  Pirating perpetuates the thoughts of developers that we're all scum and they need to lock everything down.

If no one bought the next AC, I'm willing to bet we'd get a DRM and uplay free version within a month.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Glad that I haven't purchased an Ubisoft game since Far Cry 3 was on sale for $5.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

So let me get this straight... Ubisoft is saying that going from 768 GCN cores and DDR to 1152 GCN cores and GDDR5 only makes a 1-2 FPS difference?

BULL. FUCKING. SHIT!

Either the Xbone runs on magic that makes hardware completely irrelevant, or Ubisoft are lying through their teeth when saying that the two consoles are comparable performance wise.

"Oh but we are bound by AI now!". But the CPU being busy with AI shouldn't really stop you from putting a bit more load on the GPU. It's like saying you can't train your biceps because your leg hurts. Increasing the resolution don't add that much more CPU load.

Not trying to defend them but CPU and GPU work hand in hand. It's not like working out legs and arms... More like shoulders and chest in a bench press... If your shoulders are sore and tired, doesn't matter how great your chest is, you won't be able to get 100% of your reps or form. Basically the CPU can hold the GPU back. Using lower end processors you can see that on pc sometimes, different levels of graphic card perform similarly.

Both the consoles have similar CPUs and the xbox has bebefit due to more cache...

So they equalize in that scenario....

I apologize if my point came through as idealistic towards the xbox but I am not a blind fan and try to understand the logic behind game optimization

Mjolnir
CPU: i7 4960X GPU: ASUS STRIX 970 CASE: Xigmatek Aquila MEM: 16GB 1866Mhz Kingston Fury Red Cool: Corsair H100i SSD: 2X intel S3700 400GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate Monitor: BenQ BL2710PT  Mouse: R.A.T 7  Keyboard: Corsair K70  Love: Rachel 

So they developed a game with some retarded idealistic dev team, and then downgraded it to make it run fast enough on target platform.

Now provided they had problems lifting it from 9FPS to 30 at 720p, they now added another half a million pixels per frame and claim it's been through optimization?

Did they run million-cycle for loops that do fuck all each frame just for lolz? How can you program something with 3x+ higher performance target and not realize you've wen't a little too far?

This is x86. You won't get the maturing process of Cell from PS3, these are PCs on a custom PCB with custom OS, a thoroughly inspected architecture.

How can you expect a 1.6GHZ APU with a 2-generations old mid-tier GPU that has market value of $400 to simulate 10 000+ crowds in 1080p while on the other side of the spectrum require a $1000+ PC to run it?

Stuff just doesn't add up, even if you count "Console specific, close-to-metal coding" to double the performance (lol, nope).

I find it absolutely hilarious that the title of thread is a dead giveaway about what is being talked about.

Ubisoft, I loved your Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy, Rayman, and Far Cry series, but you've killed what was great about those games with your asshole attitudes and seclusion on the PC platform coupled with bullshit limitations.

You lost me as a customer over a year ago and I don't ever see you coming back to your glory days. 

Resquiat in pace.

Is not easy to find reliable reviews anymore, mostly a bunch of bought motherfuckers.

This is increasingly becoming an issue, the most recent being with Shadow of Mordor where it has now transpired that lots of YouTubers were approached with money and review codes in order to say nice things about the game.

(not saying it's a bad game, only bad practice, Microsoft tried this with Xbone and were severely frowned upon, matter of fact Microsoft sent major nelson to Boogie2988's house to give him an Xbone, and when he made the video saying which console was his favourite he endorsed the PS4)

bf3cce0a08ba65846300a6a86f25a0c5.png

I tend to look for user reviews on small channels to get an honest opinion of a game, also Total Biscuit is still in my belief honest but he doesn't do reviews more so than a first look.

Angry Joe is a good large channel size reviewer who will call out bad things well, but he is very flamboyant and not everyone can enjoy his content due to his behaviour. I must admit I chuckle at some of his sketches.

I'm sure you've heard of both of these people you don't live under a rock, just saying.

Oh yes I do like AngryJoe and yes he's flamboyant and all but always funny. He's also like you said, very unforgiving and calls out bullshit on anyone, however he's a bit to generous in his numerical scores but those barely matter.

The thing is that I do miss Joe but he was hit brutally hard by DMCA takedowns and slowed way the fuck down and now just mostly streams on Twitch. I mean that's ok and good that he's finding other ways to make a living but I really prefer his reviews not just streaming.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The thing is that I do miss Joe but he was hit brutally hard by DMCA takedowns and slowed way the fuck down and now just mostly streams on Twitch. I mean that's ok and good that he's finding other ways to make a living but I really prefer his reviews not just streaming.

I agree with this, his reviews are often very high effort compared to a lot of youtubers with his use of greenscreen/props and having to write sketches etc.

I'm not overly keen on his streams, for one reason because he tends to play titles I'm not interested in, and secondly because more often than not when I get an email to say that 'angryjoeshow' has gone live on Twitch, it isn't actually him and will be someone else.

That said, I really enjoyed his Titanfall stream, it was his stream that I selected to get an initial look at the game and when it loaded up he was wearing a space suit while playing complete with helmet/visor, very funny.

Pirating is Never Justified. Ever, No matter how shit the game is , Pirating is not okay.

Not for-

"Checking performance"

"Making sure the story is good"

"Whether or not I want to buy it"

Just watch reviews and check benchmarks.

Boycotting is When people ignore games for a reason, Pirating is just theft and being an ass.

Oh, being an ass to Ubisoft, how will I ever live with this in my life!

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Pirating is Never Justified. Ever, No matter how shit the game is , Pirating is not okay.

Not for-

"Checking performance"

"Making sure the story is good"

"Whether or not I want to buy it"

Just watch reviews and check benchmarks.

Boycotting is When people ignore games for a reason, Pirating is just theft and being an ass.

What you say is morally correct for all things, but I can say that most people don't follow this rule for all things. If you have adblock or have downloaded not free music or have streamed or downloaded any movie or show, then you are pretty much doing the same thing that I have just stated. Sure, maybe you do whitelist some sites, bought some music, or actually watched a show on a supported broadcaster, but I can almost guarantee that you don't do it all the time.

The only difference between me and the people who do those other stuff is that I'm willing to say that I will choose who I support, rather than saying that you shouldn't pirate, but then go on some site and watch a streamed show.

However I'm not saying that its not bad, but I'd rather test drive a car before actually buying it. A review won't matter since it is how the user experiences it. Reviews say Call of Duty is a good game almost all the time, though to me I don't like it at all (I don't even pirate it, but just an example of something that doesn't match my point of view).If developers can make a small mini demo, where I don't have to download the whole game, I would be glad to use that, but options like that rarely exist.

EDIT: Doesn't mean you should torrent all games. If the game is a sequel of another game, you should know what to expect, unless they completely changed the engine and game. An example of this is, Borderlands Pre-Sequel. If you played previous Borderlands games its pretty much the same, so don't torrent that. I personally won't spend full price or torrent it, I'll wait for the GOTY edition to go on sale, which is what I did with the second game. 

Ubisoft, enough. We see through your bullshit, we aren't having any of it, we will remember this shit forever.

See if I ever buy one of your games again, and I know I'm not alone in this opinion.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What you say is morally correct for all things, but I can say that most people don't follow this rule for all things. If you have adblock or have downloaded not free music or have streamed or downloaded any movie or show, then you are pretty much doing the same thing that I have just stated. Sure, maybe you do whitelist some sites, bought some music, or actually watched a show on a supported broadcaster, but I can almost guarantee that you don't do it all the time.

The only difference between me and the people who do those other stuff is that I'm willing to say that I will choose who I support, rather than saying that you shouldn't pirate, but then go on some site and watch a streamed show.

However I'm not saying that its not bad, but I'd rather test drive a car before actually buying it. A review won't matter since it is how the user experiences it. Reviews say Call of Duty is a good game almost all the time, though to me I don't like it at all (I don't even pirate it, but just an example of something that doesn't match my point of view).If developers can make a small mini demo, where I don't have to download the whole game, I would be glad to use that, but options like that rarely exist.

EDIT: Doesn't mean you should torrent all games. If the game is a sequel of another game, you should know what to expect, unless they completely changed the engine and game. An example of this is, Borderlands Pre-Sequel. If you played previous Borderlands games its pretty much the same, so don't torrent that. I personally won't spend full price or torrent it, I'll wait for the GOTY edition to go on sale, which is what I did with the second game.

I don't actually adblock, I'm a firm supporter of the idea that you should support every site you go to not just who you want to and use bandwidth of those you don't want to support.

But the thing is , okay you may not be an ass that plays all the way through games after pirating it. But you are recommending it to people, Who may become Total pirates and just steal games all day. That's what I'm against.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

<snip>

Who is actually to blame in regards to the Shadow of Mordor thing? The developer, or the publisher? I really enjoyed the game, and I want to encourage Monolith to make more great games in the future, but I can't support that kind of behavior.

Ubisoft is on fire!

I mean, litteraly on fire! They are burnning themselfs so badly that it might be too much for them to stand up again.

Who is actually to blame in regards to the Shadow of Mordor thing? The developer, or the publisher? I really enjoyed the game, and I want to encourage Monolith to make more great games in the future, but I can't support that kind of behavior.

The publisher is likely the culprit, reports say they were using a 3rd party advertisement agency to contact people regarding these contracts.

Here is some material about it.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Shadow-Mordor-Review-Contract-Causes-Ruckus-Gaming-Industry-67801.html

Fortunately there are a few big youtubers who will always tell everyone when this is taking place. (I found out from TotalBiscuit's Twitter)

It always weirded me out that people didn't talk about how gorgeous the games lighting looked, but at least I know that it actually is gorgeous and I'm not just missing something

I was happy when I pirated Watch Dogs first before buying it. Suggest others to do the same for Ubisoft titles to see if they give us poor quality on the PC ports. I don't buy what they are talking, so I'm not going to buy what their downgrading for us.

Yeah OR you know, you could just watch an unbiased review/overview of the game, from the likes of TotalBiscuit, Angery Joe, and so forth, which will give you an indepth look at the game, the graphics, and in TB's case, how shitty a PC port it is. Don't worry, if it's a bad port, he will RIP IT THE FUCK APART!

Pirating games is NEVER okay, unless you're from a geographical region where your economy doesn't support the PC Gaming business model (Example: you live in $20 USD a month, or something). Anyone who is from a 1st world nation (and even many 2nd world nations), should never pirate a game (Exception: Old games/Abandonware that are unable to be legally purchased and/or out of print - but GOG is slowly solving that issue - Freespace 2 FTW! Abandonware resurrected!).

Watch a review (Or, you know, like 10 different reviews) first.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)