Ubisoft: We apologize for choosing the wrong words. We wouldn't limit a Game’s Resolution

“Ubisoft does not constrain its games. We would not limit a game’s resolution. And we would never do anything to intentionally diminish anything we’ve produced or developed,” Ubisoft senior communications manager, Gary Steinman 

Assassin’s Creed Unity‘s senior producer, Vincent Pontbriand apologized for using “the wrong words” while discussing the decision to lock the game at 900p/30fps.

“We’ve spent four years building the best game we could imagine. Why would we ever do anything to hold it back? I simply chose the wrong words when talking about the game’s resolution, and for that I’m sorry,” he said on Ubiblog’s post.

"This is something that the new hardware allows us to do. We want you to feel that density, the chaos that was happening back then. Paris was a huge city, with almost a million people. So we cranked up our number of NPCs" ,Pontbriand added.

Then they go on explaining how there are so many people in Paris and how every building is highly detailed which causes too much strain on the new consoles. But he also added that it will continue to get better as time goes by with more optimizations and better middleware later

Source: http://www.latestnewsexplorer.com/we-would-not-limit-a-games-resolution/

Can you change your text color to the automatic option for the dark theme users? :)

Quick way: Ctrl+A while you're editing the post, then just select the 'automatic' color at the top of the text color box.

yea

post-66400-0-42726500-1413136927.jpg

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Apparently Ubi's board decided that the BS had to stop...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I find this funny to read *giggle* 

Please set the text colour to automatic  :)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

They just never learn huh

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

why wont ubisoft just tell their devs to shut up... in new contracts devs should be needed to have their mouths glued shut...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Bullshit. Ubisoft is like a cheating bf/gf thats trying to lie his/her way out of trouble at this point..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Sure Ubisoft.. You wouldn't do that.

I'm sure Will Smith would like to state something.

tumblr_mhfzrqGMVQ1rvzu9do1_500.gif

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I don't fully blame Ubisoft tho, blame console manufacturers too. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

My GOD why don't they just shut the fuck up?! Everytime they speak it's even worst!

The games speak for themselfs, we don't need EXCUSES. It's not the hardware, it's not parity, it's not the "cinematic effect of 30fps", it's not the fucking global warming - IT'S YOU UBISOFT AND YOUR GAME DEVELOPMENT!

Like they say: speach is silver, but silence is GOLD.

no? its no reason to lie, like Star Citizen they could just say that the consoles will NOT run their game.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

The manufacturers build what they're told to build. The people who actually design the consoles (Sony and Microshaft) made the decision to go with custom APU's yet again that drives up the cost and doesn't perform well.

Both are to blame though, like you said. Ubisoft deploys this marketing crap which their fanboys will buy without question, and the console designers make just as stupid decisions.

Obviously the console hardware is the root of the issue, but I can still blame Ubisoft for their frankly insulting excuses. But I also blame the gaming media for not mentioning framerate in their reviews, and I also blame console gamers for not demanding more.

But to keep this in perspective, the controversy is over their ridiculous comments. The 30 FPS cap on Unity should not be news to anyone. I don't know of an Assassin's Creed game on console that has ever run at 60 FPS. 30 FPS and 900p is very standard these days, especially on the Xbone.

DAMAGE CONTROL

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

You should apologize for choosing the wrong devs instead who keep making excuses for their shortcomings. And by apologize I of course mean fire their fucking asses.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Still digging.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ