First Case of Ebola on US Soil

Haha! I am safe, I don't like girls!  :D

It stays in mens fluids as well, perhaps even longer.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It seems like a bad idea to have non edible items embedded in something edible in general. You really don't want to bite into a cookies, rusty nails and cream bar after misreading the label.

Making exceptions for things of a certain size could cause some problems.

Nobody bites on Kinder eggs. It's almost innate to open them and separate the two pieces before eating it.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Nobody bites on Kinder eggs. It's almost innate to open them and separate the two pieces before eating it.

For those who have had them before, yes. I bit into one the first time, mainly because the writing on it was in German. Although I immediately was like, wtf is this hard thing?

Not the UK yet then.

How do you know, we have no idea on the extent of Ebola right now and I personally think that it is far worse than we currently realise. More needs to be done not only on containment but into a cure and there is a cure, we just need to discover it.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

For those who have had them before, yes. I bit into one the first time, mainly because the writing on it was in German. Although I immediately was like, wtf is this hard thing?

Really? Couldn't you tell it was hollow? 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Really? Couldn't you tell it was hollow? 

Not really. I then spent the rest of the time biting them open lol. (wasn't about to waste good chocolate on my fingers)

You wouldn't be able to bite into them without knowing that the capsule is there. Plus, the chocolate surrounding the toy is thin and breaks easily and the packaging explains what is inside. 

1. They're banning it so no one can come out with a product that presents a choking hazard or a tooth breaking hazard. Let's say some idiot decided to stick a hunk of platinum in one candy bar for a contest (don't underestimate the power of idiocy); this would prevent that awful idea from ever happening.

2. Who reads the packaging on chocolate? If they suddenly put steel nails into Mars bars and put that on the label, I'm not gonna read it.

3. They weren't specifically targeting Kinder eggs. It was just banned because they don't want to make exceptions for certain products. That's now how laws work.

1. They're banning it so no one can come out with a product that presents a choking hazard or a tooth breaking hazard. Let's say some idiot decided to stick a hunk of platinum in one candy bar for a contest (don't underestimate the power of idiocy); this would prevent that awful idea from ever happening.

2. Who reads the packaging on chocolate? If they suddenly put steel nails into Mars bars and put that on the label, I'm not gonna read it.

3. They weren't specifically targeting Kinder eggs. It was just banned because they don't want to make exceptions for certain products. That's now how laws work.

That's true for most things lol.

guys most of us (if not all, no offence to anyone in africa) dont live in africa. most of us have great health care infrastructure in our countries (except for murica) and most if not all of us are capable of surviving like those 2 american doctors. so i for one am not scared. i say bring it on ebola(not literally im actually kinda worried if i get it) 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

guys most of us (if not all, no offence to anyone in africa) dont live in africa. most of us have great health care infrastructure in our countries (except for murica) and most if not all of us are capable of surviving like those 2 american doctors. so i for one am not scared. i say bring it on ebola(not literally im actually kinda worried if i get it) 

We have a great healthcare infrastructure (or did), we just have to pay for it ourselves instead of making everyone else pay for a terrible service. Don't make comments like that unless you're looking to start an argument. There is (or was) a reason people came here from places like the UK and Canada for healthcare instead of taking advantage of their "free" healthcare systems, where people die on the gurney before being seen.

We have a great healthcare infrastructure (or did), we just have to pay for it ourselves instead of making everyone else pay for a terrible service. Don't make comments like that unless you're looking to start an argument. There is (or was) a reason people came here from places like the UK and Canada for healthcare instead of taking advantage of their "free" healthcare systems, where people die on the gurney before being seen.

dude its only a inside joke of the internet. making fun of our problems. we do have a good system, i didnt mean it in a hurtful way thats why it was in parentheses and said "murica" instead of America.  

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

dude its only a inside joke of the internet. making fun of our problems. we do have a good system, i didnt mean it in a hurtful way thats why it was in parentheses and said "murica" instead of America.  

Still, someone like me can easily take it the wrong way, and derail the thread. (as I just did, you can't determine sarcasm from text in all cases)

The problem I see is that the government now basically runs the healthcare system, and if their record on crisis is anything to go by, we can expect a few hundred thousand or a few million dead before they even admit there is a problem. Which is why I think the doctors ought to come out and say "anyone who traveled through this airport in the last X hours needs to go see a doctor and get themselves test, although they are in all likelihood fine"

Still, someone like me can easily take it the wrong way, and derail the thread. (as I just did, you can't determine sarcasm from text in all cases)

The problem I see is that the government now basically runs the healthcare system, and if their record on crisis is anything to go by, we can expect a few hundred thousand or a few million dead before they even admit there is a problem. Which is why I think the doctors ought to come out and say "anyone who traveled through this airport in the last X hours needs to go see a doctor and get themselves test, although they are in all likelihood fine"

not just that airport. but anyone who came from anywhere from that continent, or other countries where cases have been found. but at the same time i feel like instead of Africa, we can atleast go to a hospital thats 2-10 miles away. 

Some people are overreacting already. This strain of Ebola has a 70-90% mortality rate In Africa, Where close to 80% of people infected with the virus are being cared for by close family and friends in their homes. A lot of people don't think twice about that. There is no professional care and they are not being quarantined because they do not have the infrastructure to deal with it. America is a modern first world country with a health care system that is capable of what is needed in Africa.

Glad I'm a 4 days drive from Texas

Good ol' Michigan.

amirite @Darkman

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Apparently ebola's not infectious until you start experiencing symptoms, so there's zero risk of the guy infecting anyone at the airport (accoring to Tom Frieden)

Some people are overreacting already. This strain of Ebola has a 70-90% mortality rate In Africa, Where close to 80% of people infected with the virus are being cared for by close family and friends in their homes. A lot of people don't think twice about that. There is no professional care and they are not being quarantined because they do not have the infrastructure to deal with it. America is a modern first world country with a health care system that is capable of what is needed in Africa.

Very very true. I hope we can end this crap soon though, I really do. I just don't see it happening, the governments of the world no longer have reason to solve actual problems, just stick a bandaid on it and find something else for the media to go on about until the next election cycle.

Apparently ebola's not infectious until you start experiencing symptoms, so there's zero risk of the guy infecting anyone at the airport (accoring to Tom Frieden)

For some reason, I find that hard to believe, no basis for that belief, but I still find it hard to believe. Remember your talking to someone who knows that government officials always have every reason to lie, and never (in their minds) have a reason to tell the truth.

Ah log in to see my daily dose of @Trik'Stari tinfoil hat shenanigans and he never lets me down, cheers.

Good ol' Michigan.

amirite @Darkman

Yes, yes you are.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

For some reason, I find that hard to believe, no basis for that belief, but I still find it hard to believe. Remember your talking to someone who knows that government officials always have every reason to lie, and never (in their minds) have a reason to tell the truth.

They have a pretty good reason not to give people incorrect information about a disease that could cost the government millions and millions of dollars. Not to mention that if you get caught lying about something like that, your career is over.

Ah log in to see my daily dose of @Trik'Stari tinfoil hat shenanigans and he never lets me down, cheers.

Oi, it's not shenanigans, I just want people to know what is going on, not everyone spends 12 hours a day at their PC on the forums, doing schoolwork, and listening to the radio. This subject in particular has the potential to cause harm to people, so I figure that telling people about it might save lives in the event that the worst happens. Edit: Cheers to you as well *takes another swig of beer*

They have a pretty good reason not to give people incorrect information about a disease that could cost the government millions and millions of dollars. Not to mention that if you get caught lying about something like that, your career is over.

Um, do you even watch the news? How long did "our" (not mine) administration refer to ISIS as the "JV team" before finally admitting they have no plan for dealing with them, and then finally doing something about it when people got angry enough about it (either way, they have to spend billions [or will] about it). and all this after ISIS has killed (I don't know of the top of my head) how many thousands of people? Pretty much all politicians everywhere, of any party, lie their asses off in any way that serves them, regardless of party. My only regret is that this started with america and it's godaweful "news" media and spread to everywhere else, and for that, I apologize to the entire world (correct me if I am wrong, but we pretty much started the "24 hour news day" leading to a sort of ADHD syndrome involving news, almost nothing lasts in the mind of a populace now for more than 2 weeks)

Edit: Also note, I am somewhat drunk right now........ to the end of the world! *takes another swig*

Fuck this. I'm moving back to South Korea.

I should've signed up for the Mars One program. -.-

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Fuck this. I'm moving back to South Korea.

I should've signed up for the Mars One program. -.-

awww don't go buddy, we have so much in common, we both will soon be bleeding from every orifice and even some orifices we didn't know we had

awww don't go buddy, we have so much in common, we both will soon be bleeding from every orifice and even some orifices we didn't know we had

D: I'm still a child.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

D: I'm still a child.

On some level, aren't we all?