First Case of Ebola on US Soil

We will all soon be dead!!!! ZOMG EBOLA!!!!

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

We will all soon be dead!!!! ZOMG EBOLA!!!!

53349225.jpg

Please god, if you do exist, make the zombies real

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Um, do you even watch the news? How long did "our" (not mine) administration refer to ISIS as the "JV team" before finally admitting they have no plan for dealing with them, and then finally doing something about it when people got angry enough about it (either way, they have to spend billions [or will] about it). and all this after ISIS has killed (I don't know of the top of my head) how many thousands of people? Pretty much all politicians everywhere, of any party, lie their asses off in any way that serves them, regardless of party. My only regret is that this started with america and it's godaweful "news" media and spread to everywhere else, and for that, I apologize to the entire world (correct me if I am wrong, but we pretty much started the "24 hour news day" leading to a sort of ADHD syndrome involving news, almost nothing lasts in the mind of a populace now for more than 2 weeks)

Edit: Also note, I am somewhat drunk right now........ to the end of the world! *takes another swig*

That still doesn't explain why they would intentionally potentially cost themselves a huge amount of money by giving people incorrect information about ebola.

Even if they lied about this, the healthcare workers in Africa would need to know about this, and it's not like you can convince a ton of people who are voluntarily risking their life to help victims of this disease keep their mouth shut. 

That still doesn't explain why they would intentionally potentially cost themselves a huge amount of money by giving people incorrect information about ebola.

Even if they lied about this, the healthcare workers in Africa would need to know about this, and it's not like you can convince a ton of people who are voluntarily risking their life to help victims of this disease keep their mouth shut. 

I wasn't necessarily saying they would lie, merely a "no statement" kind of thing. And secondly, the people we are sending, aren't volunteers, they're military, they go where they're told.

The misinformation in this thread is ridiculous. Firstly Ebola isn't contracted through the air but rather through bodily fluids, so only people who were really close to the patient are at risk of being contaminated. Also something that some people seem to forget is that people can carry Ebola for days and are not contagious, the person only can infect others once they experience the symptoms. So all the people who were on the plane with the person or at the airport are not at risk because the person only started experiencing symptoms a day or two after the flight. People need put some trust in the medical system, also apparently Thailand has created some kind of Ebola treatment which they are announcing on the 2nd of October. But I do think countries should stop flights in and out of Ebola infected countries for precaution and only allow medical personnel.

The misinformation in this thread is ridiculous. Firstly Ebola isn't contracted through the air 

I don't know if anyone said that Ebola could spread through air 

I don't know if anyone said that Ebola could spread through air 

No, I was just stating the facts about Ebola. There is a lot of misinformation about how some people think that you can carry Ebola without knowing and infect others, which is not true.

What is Ebola? Seriously, what is it?

Gee thanks that's very kind of you to wish for something like that.

You know because all Americans are terrible and deserve to die in a horrible manner, there totally aren't any normal people here that generally have nothing to do with all the crazy shit that goes on here or elsewhere in the world.

Your avatar HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

I'm so surprised that I don't know what to say.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1. They're banning it so no one can come out with a product that presents a choking hazard or a tooth breaking hazard. Let's say some idiot decided to stick a hunk of platinum in one candy bar for a contest (don't underestimate the power of idiocy); this would prevent that awful idea from ever happening.

2. Who reads the packaging on chocolate? If they suddenly put steel nails into Mars bars and put that on the label, I'm not gonna read it.

3. They weren't specifically targeting Kinder eggs. It was just banned because they don't want to make exceptions for certain products. That's now how laws work.

Oh, I know that they didn't target Kinder Eggs and I agree with what you're saying. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

you want more people to die?

why not?

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I'm going back to sleep, call me when it comes to Australia

Spoiler

AMD 8320 with Noctua NH-D15|ASrock Fatallity Killer 990fx|Sapphire Tri-X R9 290|8gb HyperX Fury Black 1866 MHz|Thermaltake 850W Gold|NZXT H440|Logitech G19s||R.A.T 9|Razer Vespula|Astro A50|Corsair Voyager GT 64 gb

Comp overclocker - Tinkerer - I thoroughly enjoy putting 12v into things that say 5v

I'm going back to sleep, call me when it comes to Australia

Nothing ever comes to Australia. Even virus' are scared of your spiders. :P

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Ebola chan damn those evil doctors...

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

No, I was just stating the facts about Ebola. There is a lot of misinformation about how some people think that you can carry Ebola without knowing and infect others, which is not true.

True as far as they claim, but would you sit next to someone whom you knew had ebola, that wasn't showing symptoms? There's always going to be a brief period when the virus becomes active, before symptoms show. And aerosolized mucus from a sneeze or a cough, I would consider to be bodily fluids.

True as far as they claim, but would you sit next to someone whom you knew had ebola, that wasn't showing symptoms? There's always going to be a brief period when the virus becomes active, before symptoms show. And aerosolized mucus from a sneeze or a cough, I would consider to be bodily fluids.

I agree I still wouldn't want to be anywhere someone carrying Ebola, even if they weren't showing symptoms. As long as they can find everyone the person came in contact with and quarantine them then it shouldn't spread. Though it would be better if they could get a proper vaccine or treatment for it, lets hope that the vaccine Thailand discovered actually does what they say and then we can get Ebola under control.

I agree I still wouldn't want to be anywhere someone carrying Ebola, even if they weren't showing symptoms. As long as they can find everyone the person came in contact with and quarantine them then it shouldn't spread. Though it would be better if they could get a proper vaccine or treatment for it, lets hope that the vaccine Thailand discovered actually does what they say and then we can get Ebola under control.

Agreed. I'm not trying to misinform anyone, I just want people to know that the danger for spread is there, which it is, however remote of a possibility.

Quarantine him and dont let it spred

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

First case of Ebola on US Soil confirmed in Dallas, Texas

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29437070

and no one is held accountable how shocking. This is what the lunkheads want to happen otherwise they would not let those church guys who got ebola in Africa come to America to get treatment. Some company has a vaccine and this is how they are going to get the premium for it...stinking stinkers.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

and no one is held accountable how shocking. This is what the lunkheads want to happen otherwise they would not let those church guys who got ebola in Africa come to America to get treatment. Some company has a vaccine and this is how they are going to get the premium for it...stinking stinkers.

Could not agree more.

Don't forget the Virus's and diseases already running rampant (Enterovirus D68, tuberculosis) that they brought into the school system (by forcing the public school system to accomodate something like 50000 unoccumpanied immigrant children), which now infects all 50 states, and may cause paralasys in rare cases, but of course you won't hear about that from fox, abc, msnbc, or cnn. Also the same idiots are setting up a "refugee" program, where the parents of those children will get relocated to the US, all paid for by the federal government.

I wonder how long before we run out of money to pay for everyone else's free rides.

Quarantine him and dont let it spred

Exactly what they are doing. 

Could not agree more.

Don't forget the Virus's and diseases already running rampant (Enterovirus D68, tuberculosis) that they brought into the school system (by forcing the public school system to accomodate something like 50000 unoccumpanied immigrant children), which now infects all 50 states, and may cause paralasys in rare cases, but of course you won't hear about that from fox, abc, msnbc, or cnn. Also the same idiots are setting up a "refugee" program, where the parents of those children will get relocated to the US, all paid for by the federal government.

I wonder how long before we run out of money to pay for everyone else's free rides.

The running out of many is insignificant to the spread of these diseases. America is a major hub for travel to and from the rest of the world on a daily basis. Take online shopping for example. I have since stop all online shopping at the moment.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.