First Case of Ebola on US Soil

So better to not tell anyone, and let the virus possibly spread? Great logic.

I work in healthcare, you don't go shouting that a virus is around. You run the risk of making the situation WORSE and convincing people who aren't ill at all that they have the symptoms. The mind has that strong an effect, simply saying it in a stressful situation can lead to symptoms of the disease without even having the disease. 

If they have nothing to say, they have nothing to say. 

Again, I hope you are right, I really do, because it has a 70% mortality rate if I remember correctly.

Then, lets not forget the 3000 people we are sending over there to...... build huts? or something.

This strain is 90% I think. Some of the others are 70%.

They're sending 3000 people over there to attempt to prevent the spread. They're probably going to be quarantined before being brought back. 

I work in healthcare, you don't go shouting that a virus is around. You run the risk of making the situation WORSE and convincing people who aren't ill at all that they have the symptoms. The mind has that strong an effect, simply saying it in a stressful situation can lead to symptoms of the disease without even having the disease. 

If they have nothing to say, they have nothing to say. 

Oh I know what POS can do, my point is that you might at least want to quietly inform the people that might have come into contact with him, wouldn't you?

This strain is 90% I think. Some of the others are 70%.

They're sending 3000 people over there to attempt to prevent the spread. They're probably going to be quarantined before being brought back. 

Did you miss my thread about how ebola can still be present in vaginal and seminal fluids for up to 3 or 4 weeks (possibly longer) after the person has been "cured"?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Monsanto is still considered a bigger threat imo. Thankfully the USA isn't some third world country with tons of uneducated muppets running around.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Monsanto is still considered a bigger threat imo. Thankfully the USA isn't some third world country with tons of uneducated muppets running around.

Yet you don't sell Kinder eggs because it's deemed "dangerous."

An AR-15 with fmj ammo isn't, it appears.

lel

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Um, have you met this current generation? They're pretty much what you just described from what I can tell.

lel

WTF is a kinder egg? And you have to pass a background check and be a certain age to buy any rifle. lets not start that debate.

Did you miss my thread about how ebola can still be present in vaginal and seminal fluids for up to 3 or 4 weeks (possibly longer) after the person has been "cured"?

Considering that they're sending healthcare workers over, I would be pretty damn surprised if they didn't know that already.

They're going to quarantine all of the people people, and the ones that don't show symptoms are going to come back. The other ones are probably going to be quarantined for quite a while.

Monsanto is still considered a bigger threat imo. 

They're creating crops that have a higher yield, we better burn them at the stake.

lel

They don't want people selling food with non edible parts embedded, and they didn't want to make any exceptions.

Meanwhile and AR-15 is dangerous... cars are also dangerous... pointed sticks are dangerous. What's wrong with selling dangerous things, in itself?

Um, have you met this current generation? They're pretty much what you just described from what I can tell.

WTF is a kinder egg? And you have to pass a background check and be a certain age to buy any rifle. lets not start that debate.

Graham_0709_A1.jpg

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

-snip

How in fuck are those dangerous? My aunt and her husband used to live in germany and she sent us a box of like, 30 of those every easter, loved those things,

It's a chocolate treat that you can find in Europe. It is banned in America. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

How in fuck are those dangerous? My aunt and her husband used to live in germany and she sent us a box of like, 30 of those every easter, loved those things,

They are banned because the government believes that it is bad to have something inedible inside something that is edible. But that capsule is so large, a fully grown man couldn't even swallow it. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

They are banned because the government believes that it is bad to have something inedible inside something that is edible. But that capsule is so large, a fully grown man couldn't even swallow it. 

Exactly.

Also, is it true that in some chocolate packages there's a warning saying "Package not edible?"

Not even kidding, I've read about in in the internets but never knew for sure.

Exactly.

Also, is it true that in some chocolate packages there's a warning saying "Package not edible?"

Not even kidding, I've read about in in the internets but never knew for sure.

Wouldn't have a clue. But a life without those Kinder Eggs isn't a life worth living.  :D

Yeah just read the wikipedia article..... I think we need to distribute these to every member of congress, and most federal employees lol. funny enough, people have been arrested bringing them into the country, but my aunt and uncle could mail them to us, like 30 at a time. wtf?

You guys do know ebola can only spread through bodily fluids right

right

article-0-01CE7A820000044D-548_634x446.j

Ebola might not make you sneeze, but people still do sneeze, or wipe their noses, or pick them, or any number of disgusting things that humans do every day (I write as I pick my nose lol)

It seems like a bad idea to have non edible items embedded in something edible in general. You really don't want to bite into a cookies, rusty nails and cream bar after misreading the label.

Making exceptions for things of a certain size could cause some problems.

Yeah just read the wikipedia article..... I think we need to distribute these to every member of congress, and most federal employees lol. funny enough, people have been arrested bringing them into the country, but my aunt and uncle could mail them to us, like 30 at a time. wtf?

I think they just don't want people selling them.

You guys do know ebola can only spread through bodily fluids right

right

No more kissing or going down on girls :-DDDD

It seems like a bad idea to have non edible items embedded in something edible in general. You really don't want to bite into a cookies, rusty nails and cream bar after misreading the label.

Making exceptions for things of a certain size could cause some problems.

You wouldn't be able to bite into them without knowing that the capsule is there. Plus, the chocolate surrounding the toy is thin and breaks easily and the packaging explains what is inside. 

I don't have those things now......

Sad-forever-alone-face-only-l.png

Haha! I am safe, I don't like girls!  :D