OnePlus 2 will be out Q2 or Q3 of 2015

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/2hse9b/this_is_carl_and_david_from_oneplus_ask_us_almost/

In a recent Reddit AMA with a couple of OnePlus employees, they revealed that the OnePlus 2 will be out in Q2 or Q3 of 2015 and should come with Android L pre-installed. As for now this is all of the information that we have, but I can't wait to see their next phone!

feca24601a.png

COMIC SANS

The One was clever marketing/brand awareness drive, I expect the Two to be widely available and cost more.

Being as socially handicapped as they are now, it wouldn't surprise me if they kept on with sales model that resembles a pyramid scheme.

Error: 410

Well I just had my 1 for about 1 month..... If they make it smaller I won't take the new one anyways. I just hope they will still support the One with an Android L update. And yeah I reckon the new one will cost more, so then it still won't really be a viable option since I bought my 64Gb one for about 300eu, which is a bargain

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I love my oneplus one, hopefully this is just as good. Hopefully they stick with CyanogenMod

Being as socially handicapped as they are now, it wouldn't surprise me if they kept on with sales model that resembles a pyramid scheme.

I don't think they're handicapped, I think they've done an amazing job at turning a new brand into the something so hot you could actually sell an invitation to buy their debut product for money.

I couldn't care less. I hate the way that they sell their products. They could make the greatest device ever, but I still can't buy it, so why should I care? OnePlus is a terrible company.

I couldn't care less. I hate the way that they sell their products. They could make the greatest device ever, but I still can't buy it, so why should I care? OnePlus is a terrible company.

they can't keep up with demand, what other choice do they have?

Well I just had my 1 for about 1 month..... If they make it smaller I won't take the new one anyways. I just hope they will still support the One with an Android L update. And yeah I reckon the new one will cost more, so then it still won't really be a viable option since I bought my 64Gb one for about 300eu, which is a bargain

Android L should be coming to it about 90 days after the full release of L,at least that's what they said the cyanogen team would aim to do.

I'd prefer it if they made a smaller device, 5" would be perfect, I think that is the sweet spot for now with mobiles.

Their marketing stategy and selling method isn't bad, if you actually try to get an invite you can get them really quickly, I had a go at it and managed to recieve about 4 invites in a week. None of which I could accept, mind. If they do the pre order system and the invite system, like they will be doing at the latter end of october, then I think it will work for them.

As long as the device costs less than the other flagships by a reasonable amount, say £50+, then I would be happy.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Android L should be coming to it about 90 days after the full release of L,at least that's what they said the cyanogen team would aim to do.

I'd prefer it if they made a smaller device, 5" would be perfect, I think that is the sweet spot for now with mobiles.

Their marketing stategy and selling method isn't bad, if you actually try to get an invite you can get them really quickly, I had a go at it and managed to recieve about 4 invites in a week. None of which I could accept, mind. If they do the pre order system and the invite system, like they will be doing at the latter end of october, then I think it will work for them.

As long as the device costs less than the other flagships by a reasonable amount, say £50+, then I would be happy.

That is indeed what they said about L, but well I just hope they keep their promise (I trust the Cyanogenmod team, but I don't know if OnePlus will be reliable in making it suitable for the device) 

Although 5" would be more convient in a lot of situations (and it would fit better in my pants) I still like this 5.5" form factor, with a 1080p screen it works really well. 

Their marketing strategy is quite smart, although their pr people are terrible. I also managed to get my invite really fast just by being active on their forums

I'm not sure about a pre order system, for the OnePlus Two ofc, but for the One it might be good.

And I don't really care too much about flagship phones, I just want my device to be stable and work smooth, I dont play games so I don't give a shit about the GPU in such a device. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Meh If they make a new one I'd be pissed, I barely had mine for 1 month, they did not even fix all the software issues with this version. Let me enjoy my phone for a while before you release the second one, jeez.

Which will probably be called TwoPlus One and a half quad HD remix collector's edition.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

They can call it Oneplus One =(equals)..equals sign being a Roman number 2 on its side..or simply a Chinese number 2.

That is indeed what they said about L, but well I just hope they keep their promise (I trust the Cyanogenmod team, but I don't know if OnePlus will be reliable in making it suitable for the device) 

Although 5" would be more convient in a lot of situations (and it would fit better in my pants) I still like this 5.5" form factor, with a 1080p screen it works really well. 

Their marketing strategy is quite smart, although their pr people are terrible. I also managed to get my invite really fast just by being active on their forums

I'm not sure about a pre order system, for the OnePlus Two ofc, but for the One it might be good.

And I don't really care too much about flagship phones, I just want my device to be stable and work smooth, I dont play games so I don't give a shit about the GPU in such a device. 

I don't play games on my phone either, but I want it to be capable of running all the applications I will most likely use on a better phone for a number of years, as well as get updates quickly, as I would quite like to do some mobile software development. It's why I'm likely to get the next nexus phone when it comes out, unless it's massive (5.9"/6") in which case I'll just get a OPO or nexus 5.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Just in time for my phone upgrade thinking of going sim only this time so this will be a good upgrade.

I just hope they will still support the One with an Android L update

are you kidding its cyanogenmod. i think you will have the nightly version in the first month, then as they say the official stable update in 3 months

I don't think they're handicapped, I think they've done an amazing job at turning a new brand into the something so hot you could actually sell an invitation to buy their debut product for money.

That happens all the times with invites from any product or brand

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

they can't keep up with demand, what other choice do they have?

Suck it up and deal with it? Nothing justifies this roundabout sales/marketing stunt. I don't mind waiting so long as I can actually place an order. It's a phone, not an exclusive event.

And you still need an invite for the first phone... Well played OnePlus... Well played...

And i guess they would make Oneplusone 2 available for purchase in Q1 of 2016 until then they expect us to beg for invites NTY.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I don't understand all the hate towards OPO. They are providing a premium product at a game-changing low price. How any company markets and distributes its product is up to them and them alone. The exclusivity of the phone worked in their favor by far, as the word of mouth and lack of advertising has allowed people to form their own, unadulterated view of the phone. Furthermore, the limit to their production isn't so much a choice as it was a miscalculation. As a business person, you don't want to produce too much inventory or your business will crumble under the lack of cash flow. It was OnePlus' first phone and in fact first product period, so I think they deserve some slack. 

Suck it up and deal with it? Nothing justifies this roundabout sales/marketing stunt. I don't mind waiting so long as I can actually place an order. It's a phone, not an exclusive event.

Not being able to match supply and demand does justify it... I think it's funny how many people bash OnePlus for this you guys should really learn how to run a business. If you sell way more product than you can supply you will have a massive backlog of customers to ship out to and it will be utter chaos. They did a great job, you're just an entitled twat.