OnePlus 2 will be out Q2 or Q3 of 2015

TopWargamer

Suck it up and deal with it? Nothing justifies this roundabout sales/marketing stunt. I don't mind waiting so long as I can actually place an order. It's a phone, not an exclusive event.

You do understand the way they market this phone is why they can sell an amazing piece of hardware for next to nothing. If they dumped millions into advertising campaigns you definitely wouldn't be getting this phone for what it costs now. I rather they keep it word of mouth and keep the phones cheap.

Not being able to match supply and demand does justify it... I think it's funny how many people bash OnePlus for this you guys should really learn how to run a business. If you sell way more product than you can supply you will have a massive backlog of customers to ship out to and it will be utter chaos. They did a great job, you're just an entitled twat.

I'm entitled because I feel like shouldn't have to know someone who knows someone who knows someone who can get me an invitation to spend money? Okay, sure, why not? 

Name one other company that does this. Even one.

For the record, I'd be fine with it if could at least request an invite from them. I'm not giving up my dignity by begging for an invite, though.

I'm entitled because I feel like shouldn't have to know someone who knows someone who knows someone who can get me an invitation to spend money? Okay, sure, why not? 

People are giving away invites everyday it isn't hard to get one so yes you are.

Every machining business in the world, it's called contracting. You have make a contract with a machining company for them to build the parts for you and if they have no openings you go somewhere else. That way they can fulfill the contracts hey start without too much pressure and get them done on time. It's how the industry works. Most tech companies may not do that but most of them are huge conglomerates that produce millions of their device before launch. OnePlus isn't a conglomerate it's a much smaller company.

People are giving away invites everyday it isn't hard to get one so yes you are.

Every machining business in the world, it's called contracting. You have make a contract with a machining company for them to build the parts for you and if they have no openings you go somewhere else. That way they can fulfill the contracts hey start without too much pressure and get them done on time. It's how the industry works. Most tech companies may not do that but most of them are huge conglomerates that produce millions of their device before launch. OnePlus isn't a conglomerate it's a much smaller company.

They should be offering a way to apply for the invites. I shouldn't have to beg random people on the Internet. That is unacceptable.

@CoolJWR100

Nobody beats @TopWargamer at the news reporting. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

They should be offering a way to apply for the invites. I shouldn't have to beg random people on the Internet. That is unacceptable.

You don't have to beg, again there are giveaways everyday especially on their forums. Besides that's where the pre-order system is coming into play in October. You will then basically be drawing up a contract with them to fulfill.

You don't have to beg, again there are giveaways everyday especially on their forums. Besides that's where the pre-order system is coming into play in October. You will then basically be drawing up a contract with them to fulfill.

All purchases are essentially contracts, though. This is just an extra step. Also, I have won a total of one giveaway in my life. If a pre-order system is coming in October though, I guess it's okay.

Well I just had my 1 for about 1 month..... If they make it smaller I won't take the new one anyways. I just hope they will still support the One with an Android L update. And yeah I reckon the new one will cost more, so then it still won't really be a viable option since I bought my 64Gb one for about 300eu, which is a bargain

They already comfirmed that cyanogenmod with android L will be updated 3 months after the stock android L release.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

All purchases are essentially contracts, though. This is just an extra step. Also, I have won a total of one giveaway in my life. If a pre-order system is coming in October though, I guess it's okay.

I got my invite from someone who just gave it to me, it wasn't a contest and I have just given away about 9 of them myself. Not all purchases are contracts though. You purchase something to receive what is promised to you. OnePlus as a company doesn't want someone to buy their phone and then have to wait a month while they build enough for you to get one. They want you to be able to purchase it and receive it as soon as possible. It's much better in the long run they also didn't think the phone would get this popular but plan to change the way they sell the phones in the future. They will probably full launch their next phone as well.

I got my invite from someone who just gave it to me, it wasn't a contest and I have just given away about 9 of them myself. Not all purchases are contracts though. You purchase something to receive what is promised to you. OnePlus as a company doesn't want someone to buy their phone and then have to wait a month while they build enough for you to get one. They want you to be able to purchase it and receive it as soon as possible. It's much better in the long run they also didn't think the phone would get this popular but plan to change the way they sell the phones in the future. They will probably full launch their next phone as well.

I don't want to have to look in random places for invites, especially since 99% of the time it'll be gone by the time I see it.

Suck it up and deal with it? Nothing justifies this roundabout sales/marketing stunt. I don't mind waiting so long as I can actually place an order. It's a phone, not an exclusive event.

yeah if they wanted they could just say:give us the money and we will ship it when we can it may seem sketchy at first but when the first devices arrive everyone would want to pay up front 

something else i wanted to say 

im i the only one who don't trusts cyanogen ? 

they always have way too many phones to support and they end up poorly optimized (some of them have more bugs than stock,i know this from first hand)i would prefer an aosp rom over anything 

I hope you enjoy your cyanogen mod at one+one but you don;t feel the need for something better ? 

Um why would they make a new phone when they can barely manufacture the one they have now.

Maybe they have profited enough as a small business to take on mass producing a new phone? They certainly know how to make phones as the OnePlus One is pretty impressive and it's their first phone.

With a smaller device, I hope they don't hinder the specs like Samsung and HTC tend to do with their flagship phones and "mini" counterparts. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

For the record, I'd be fine with it if could at least request an invite from them. I'm not giving up my dignity by begging for an invite, though.

Not justifying it, but I will add that OnePlus wants the device to feel like am exclusive event. It WANTS its name known and spread in this manner. It's an extremely well-done bit of marketing / PR, and I can't help but be impressed by how bold of a move it is.

Of course, I'd still really like to own one...

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Not justifying it, but I will add that OnePlus wants the device to feel like am exclusive event. It WANTS its name known and spread in this manner. It's an extremely well-done bit of marketing / PR, and I can't help but be impressed by how bold of a move it is.

Of course, I'd still really like to own one...

If OPO had cut this shit out and done a normal system, I might have bought one when the time came. I was in the market for a new phone, lots of choices, but their crap effectively ruined it for me. 

Which will probably be called TwoPlus One and a half quad HD remix collector's edition.

What? You do know Oneplus is the company name right

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Maybe they have profited enough as a small business to take on mass producing a new phone? They certainly know how to make phones as the OnePlus One is pretty impressive and it's their first phone.

Imo they shud fully release the phone they already have and see if the general market of consumers will buy them instead of putting time and money into a new phone right away.

PLEASE USE PCPARTPICKER.  My rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZBmWjX

Imo they shud fully release the phone they already have and see if the general market of consumers will buy them instead of putting time and money into a new phone right away.

That's the thing, we don't know how well the OnePlus One has been selling. Based on what I see in reviews on YouTube, it's a remarkable phone for the price. The only issues the phone has is software bugs (which can easily be fixed). Given that you can find invite codes literally everywhere now days, I would assume they are selling quite a few of these phones (example in 2 days, 6 phones sold). I salute them if they come out with a Nexus 5 type of device with impressive specs and software for a low price. Since I would be first in line to buy one.

The One was clever marketing/brand awareness drive, I expect the Two to be widely available and cost more.

I wouldn't call it clever if keeping people from knowing about its existence was a drive, guess if you only have a few to sell it would be clever.

----------

Back to cell phones in general. What feature do any of these new phones have that anyone would have to upgrade for? Another mega pixel? A front speaker(s)? A bigger screen? A skinner phone? Talk about earth shattering features. Am I alone in thinking this is just nonsense of BS features that people are getting way too excited about, can't wait till they make  one that sits in a box, probably going to require a line as long as possible to get one <_<

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

What? You do know Oneplus is the company name right

Their name is stupid.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Unless Oppo comes out with a smaller device, I doubt they will...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

So basically you'll be able to get a One Plus 2 before a One Plus One?

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts.