Would you stop pirating if content did not cost too much?

Ethnod

What I usualy do is download a game illegally but if I like it I'll buy it off steam to support the developers.

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I download Games to see how they run then ill probably buy them and overpriced software 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Anything that is unreasonably overpriced...

Besides that I normally download something to try it out, and if I like it I buy it. Because I think you should at least like the product before you decide to support the developer/artist.

PS: Also punching a kid for being proud to have downloaded something illegally is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard anybody do, if that is even true.

You now breathe manually.

I would say I'm against it but for movies I do download but if I like the movie I will go out and purchase it, I have numerous DVD's still in their packaging

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

IDK In some ways it is good but others it isnt as good. 

It helps keep computing go forward, a company comes with a new way to combat it then the people find a way around it and so on and so forth. I think it actually has a large part in how far we've gotten this fast. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I mean whos gonna pay like £100+ on Microsoft Office, or like £500 or whatever it costs for Photoshop?!

I would if I had the money and I did buy Office 2007 Enterprise for something like £400 when it was released

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Since Steam offers games in reasonable price-ranges I think I havn't pirated a game [Like 7-8 Years now].

If I download something, it's mostly due to the limited avaiability. Why the fuck should I wait for a german synch of a series that is 1 year behind?

Neither to I wish to wait 1 year extra / season, nor do I want the german synch. And if I want to buy the DVD, I wait another extra 6months.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I do it for everything. For several reasons;

1. I refuse to pay over £100 for software.
  2. Barely anything gets released worldwide at once, leaving others hanging in the dark.
  3. I want to try before i buy on both my games and movies.
  4. If the thing is worth my money, pirating will confirm that.
  5. If it's not, no hard feelings, i just delete the file and go on my merry way.

Anyone who says pirating is an inherently bad thing is being close minded. Pirating is almost a pseudo end-user QA. Why drop £45 on a game, when you can get it for free and test it first. 

Nobody complained when you borrowed a game from a friend to try it out. That's exactly what i consider pirating as.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I really don't have much of an opinion regarding piracy. I personally don't do it because my ISP is basically big brother at this point, so even if I wanted to do it, I can't. I think it's a good way to preserve things that have gone out of print or to share good modifications of programs to enable portable functionality.

for games that don't have demos i say pirate them. its unfair that you should sink 60$ into a game that you dont even know if you like. and if you do like it, buy it when you can.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I try to buy everything I want, with Steams crazy sales there is little excuse.

However:

Region specific games for region locked hardware...  <_<

TV shows/Anime that are weeks late/never broadcast to their original airing elsewhere - or have poor dubs/cut footage when released here.

So essentially draconian region issues, otherwise I stay legit.

EDIT: And Windows, even though I own Windows it is 1000x easier to install a pirated version than an official one as without the correct discs WIndows refuses to accept the keys stuck on pre-built systems -  that and if you're formatting alot that causes activation issues too...

I pay for games, I pay for music, I pay for software, I even pay for Netflix and Crunchyroll, but I still download most movies even thou I can just stream them from Netflix.

If a piece of software is really over priced (*cough*Microsoft Office*cough*Adobe stuff*cough*) I'll pirate it, or if I feel I am entitled to a copy (eg. school has a license and we kinda have to use the software (pathetic excuse I know)), I will pirate it, but I would feel bad making money through use of pirated software. I have never pirated a game, but then most games I play are mainly online, so pirating is useless.

HTTP/2 203

I only download movies for free if I have actually bought the Blu Ray. Since well I can't play them on my PC since I don't own a blu-ray drive and the digital version isn't in HD (in England) which is sad because in the US they can watch in 1080p. :(

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

I used to download warez but then realized I was setting a poor example for my kids and stopped. Simple as that.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I don't pirate, I feel that if a content provider has created something, they should be entitled to how much money we (the consumer) pay for it, if we don't like the price, we shouldn't buy it, that's my opinion :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I'll only pirate things like PlayStation 2 games, because obviously no game studio is making money off of PlayStation 2 games anymore; any money to be made on that game has already been made.

I do download music from zippyshare and the like, but if I really like the artist I'll end up buying his/her albums/EPs anyway.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I dont like pirating anything, but we are sometimes left with no choice.

For example i pirate the big bang theory because we get significantly later here in the UK as opposed to the US which is unfair. If it was released at the same time (even to buy/rent) i would do that. 

Just for the record i buy anything i pirate when it comes out on dvd/bluray anyway because i would hate it if people pirated the content i create.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

The only think i download illegally is about 20% of the Ebooks i read because i live in Ireland and there is no way for me to get them legally they either region locked on every website or just not avalible for download i would pay for them if i could =(

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

Everyone should be pirating single player games, I mean you can clock it in a very short period of time, and after that it becomes completely useless. Who is going to spend $60 on that?

Not many people have the money to spend $700 on Photoshop, you can buy a GTX 780 with that.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

I'll never download a game illegally, but photoshop and stuff like that, I don't know anyone whose paid for it lol 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I'll never download a game illegally, but photoshop and stuff like that, I don't know anyone whose paid for it lol 

I have. I own CS4 and CS5.

Now you do know someone.

-Games are too expensive. €60 for 8-10 hours of gameplay? Unbelievable

-Don't like steam

-Don't like walking to a store

Pirating solves all of these problems

Only game I would honestly buy is Skyrim and comparable stuff, just for the sheer amount of time I put in that. It's well worth it

For any linear triple A action shooter that lasts not even 10 hours - no fucking way. (Bioshock Infinite, Battlefield 3, any COD etc etc)

Also I'm dirt poor