Project DisplayGRID

logobnb.png

So I finally got around building this, after almost a year of planning and saving up money, I finally got around building my awesome screen set up. It essentially is just a wall of screen.

So a package arrived...
1.jpg

This is what was in it.
2ama.jpg

A nice spoiler shot. 8 21.5" 1080p IPS monitors, from LG, Life is indeed good.
3.jpg

After I unpacked everything.
4hwh.jpg

Preparing my desk, I have to make some new cable management and to secure the monitor stands.
5.jpg

After having everything installed, still have to adjust the angles a bit.
6fqf.jpg

Hooked everything up.
7ziz.jpg

Had to look for a new wallpaper for this resolution. Total resolution of 7680x2160, that is 16.5 Megapixels.
8.jpg
9ydy.jpg
10tst.jpg

Nice cable management for the power adaptors.
11.jpg

Same on the other side
12.jpg

All the cables going to my PC, they were not all the same length, so I had to tighten it up a bit.
13qjq.jpg

Specs of the beast driving this thing:

• 32GB RAM
  • 1x GTX670 + 2x GTX660

Who in the world needs 8 monitors? But who cares, it's sweet as :) What GPU you using? 

Love it. Are you going to de-bezel?

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Who in the world needs 8 monitors? But who cares, it's sweet as :) What GPU you using? 

1 GTX 670 for the bottom 2 middle screens, the others are running of 3 GT640's.

AMAZING ! So many pixels lol :)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I don't think so, I don't really mind the bezel, as I only game on 1 screen.

Doesn't de-bezeling severely lower the lifespan of your screen??

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I'd love all dem IPS monitors but I still can't find myself to like all the bezels in the middle of the screen. I love the name of it though - DisplayGRID. Sounds sick!

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

11.jpg

Same on the other side

12.jpg

what are these like powerbars?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

what are these like powerbars?

Those are just generic powerbars.

thanks! @Ssoele !

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Oh my, all those displays and no titans.. this has to be for productivity, no?

Yes, I only game on 1 screen with my GTX 670

Not sure how practical this would be for me but that is definitely impressive :D.

8k, nice

that's not 8K, 8K would need 16x displays of 1080p

Sweet setup i bet Eve online would look amazing running off that ! 

I love it and i need it

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715