Would you stop pirating if content did not cost too much?

Ethnod

Often I pirate something to try it out but multiplayer isn't working anyway so I buy it to be able to do that.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I only pirate TV shows as they are not available anywhere. Here Netflix is a joke, has too few shows and low on HD content.

I use Steam for my games and Spotify for my music.

Intel i7 5820K Asus X99-A | G.Skill 2133MHz 4x8GB | Asus STRIX GTX980 | 500GB Samsung EVO 840 | Corsair AX760W | Qnix WQHD Matte | Windows 10

Steam is the reason I don't pirate games. Even if I do, I buy it when Steam has a sale.

I would absolutely stop pirating if any form of media were cheaper. Whether it be physical discs (blu-ray, DVD, games) or digital content.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

i pirate tv shows .and this shit commercial music.and some games that doesn`t have multiplayer.i mean cmon its what we do.we the pc guys

I personally, tend to buy the game if I enjoyed it. There as so many games that feel to be a "hit and miss" i feel robbed. That being said, if the games were cheaper. Yeah, I would feel less reluctant to

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

I personally, tend to buy the game if I enjoyed it

couse f/*k logic 

I'm currently in a situation where I'm deeply in debt, still in education, and without a job because where I'm from jobs apparently don't exist, I don't pirate because of the possible consequences, this means I have absolutely no media, bar the free music downloads which are offered by several companies as my preferred genre is not for sale anywhere that I know of. I manage to scrape by playing a game that I've had for over two years, and to be frank I'm tired of it. Something needs to happen in the way media is distributed as it currently doesn't work, those who have money and aren't in a spell of financial trouble have access to whatever media they want, whereas the individual without any income is given two choices, either piracy, or go without. Content distributors need to have a way of either dropping prices or allowing the consumer to access the media for a set number of time, when said amount of time is up, they will be asked either to pay or the content, or remove it. This would have to be tied to something that cannot easily be exchanged, such as a credit card, coupled with an email address or other such means, the combination of these things allows the consumer to try the media before they buy it, prevent any regrettable purchases.

As some of you may know microchips have been implanted into humans, if these chips have some sort of near field technology it would allow the content to be tied to the user, this would also allow the user to try it without the risk of them making a new email address to cheat the system. It would also allow the consumer to have access to the content across multiple platforms and have a secure way of accessing content. For example when the chip is read, the content will become available via a download, however when the user was finished using a particular machine they could simple 'log out' of the device they are using, simply by scanning their chip. When the user is finished the content will be removed or become unavailable until the user wanted to access it again by scanning the chip. This would allow users to easily move their content without having to worry about DRM, this however will only become a viable option if the prices for content plummets, as consumers will have no desire to buy it, however the content creators will be able to sell more of the content as it will be tied to the person which will not be a problem if the content is cheap enough for the masses to afford.

People may say that planting electronics that can access information about you may be immoral, however it is bound to happen to aid in circumstances such as medical emergencies which would allow the patient to be processed much quicker than today's conventional methods. So this method has benefits and drawbacks, however will most likely be introduced in the near future as the current NFC credit card system will become too cumbersome and consumer will say to simply place their palm on a scanner and have them pay for items. 

Apologies for the wall of text, however this has given me inspiration for my year long college project.

Thanks, 

Sam

That is a horrible choice lol

I pirate everything, THEN I pay for it if I like it

hell take renard queenstons music for example

he lets you have like half of his shit for free and lets you choose what to pay on them

and on the ones you have to pay for it is a dollar minimum

I have payed SO much for his albums BECAUSE I like him

I haven't had to pirate it :>

Hell if anything I wouldn't pay for barely ANYTHING if I couldn't try it out first

I dont cater to trailer bullshit and stupid hype

And while I pirate I am hidden by lots of proxy services 

Suck it MEDIA prostitutes 

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

I don't Pirate, I want the content creators to get the money they deserve, even if they are horrible corporations; cough cough EA :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I don't Pirate, I want the content creators to get the money they deserve, even if they are horrible corporations; cough cough EA :)

*pukes*

way to kiss their ass

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

*pukes*

way to kiss their ass

I just feel if they made this content for me, this is anyone btw not just EA that they deserve the money they ask for it if a consumer wants it. But I can understand your view as well :)

PROFILEYEAH

I just feel if they made this content for me, this is anyone btw not just EA that they deserve the money they ask for it if a consumer wants it. But I can understand your view as well :)

EA are scandalous, asking £60 for a game was unreleased for a PC download.

EA are scandalous, asking £60 for a game was unreleased for a PC download.

I normally buy most of my games like 2 years after they are released anyway XD But yeah it's so OVERPRICED !!! :O

PROFILEYEAH

I normally buy most of my games like 2 years after they are released anyway XD But yeah it's so OVERPRICED !!! :o

Battlefield 3 is still roughly £40, then they released premium to entice more customers, screwing the loyal fans who bought their copy close to launch, well they seem to be screwing them even more with the free Close Quarters DLC when E3 was on, how can they get away with this?

i pirate pretty much everything

except the things i love

Alien trilogy , blade runner etc

like a game that  would bother to finish which is like 10 games a year

most of the games i pirate i treat like a demo finish 50% of it then stop

alot of things started to suck :(

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If game devs released actual, playable demos then I would stop pirating games. I torrent the game, if I like it, I go buy it retail or steam. As far as music  goes, I haven't bought an album since I learned my lesson with Metallica S&M. I don't torrent it either. Movies though, yeah, I pirate me some movies. I'm not paying $30 for a f***ing blu ray. Sorry.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

I don't pirate content, since that would eat up data on my computer and probably get me into serious shit with my ISP. Besides, that kind of stuff can lead to content whording. I have a co-worker that pirates every HBO, showtime, Starz show and watches maybe a few shows from each, but he downloads them because he can.

I buy games because if I like a game, I want to support it so that more games along those lines are made.

I subscribe to netflix and buy other content from time to time if it's not on netflix. I don't bother with cable because I don't have time for the stuff I want to watch, let alone the crap on cable.

I buy music/audio books because they're not frequent purchases and are well worth the cost.

I mean its always nice when you pay less for something. I'm all for free stuff, but you also have to realize how much work goes into creating a game/movie/music/tv show. They have to get some money out of it, and in order to get back what they put into it, they need to earn a ton of money. So, it is unrealistic to say that we could eventually pay x amount of money for unlimited anything. 

Even if you decide not to pirate at all you really don't have to give EA your money.

true :)

PROFILEYEAH

how can they get away with this?

because they have money, it sucks yes

PROFILEYEAH

what is your opinion on illegal downloading?

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

especially for games i think it sucks and is unfair. I want to reward the people who made the game so i have no problem buying it legal.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

It makes me feel like a bad ass. Batman can't stop this criminal.

I only illegally download my music and overpriced software though, haha.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore