Would you stop pirating if content did not cost too much?

Ethnod

I have a ton of torrented tv shows and movie, and the only reason for that is not all movies and tv shows are released in india and no streaming service are available here and my bandwidth would not be able to stream them anyways, thats why i have those tv shows and movies. i would buy all these stuff and software if i could but i live on my parents money not mine, i really feel sad when i have to pirate some software  :( btw 90% of indian home pc would have pirated OS and software but i try to find as many free software as i can. 

I am not proud of my self  :(  :huh:

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

I pirate a lot, but just to check the game out. If i like it, i'll buy it on steam.

I used to pirate everything, back when I had next to no money.

Now I'm employed full-time, I purchase most of my goods, and working in a school, what I don't buy I can get a copy from work :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

i may be using a pirated copy of windows, mainly because of the fact i f**king hate having to use it, as soon as linux for steam is all done windows can f**k rite off!

use WINE bro :)))

linux ftw

Games:  No, I rather pay for games so i don't have no troubles with installing patches, multiplayer and so on. 

Movies: Some. Mostly zone released movies. Movies i really wanna watch, i go to the cinema, if i really like the movie, i buy it. If something random just to watch for a night, ill download it.

Series: Yes, Due to the zone release. Sweden is so much after in series. Normaly like 1 season / 5-10 episodes behind the real release in the US. 

Music: No, i get all the music i need from Youtube and im sub to Spotify premium.

If there was some way to stream series and movies as they are released, at the same time world wide, i would not download a movie once again. But as some movies dont come to sweden untill months after US release, well, i simply download them then wait for them.

Ps; There was a SWEDISH movie, wich got released on DVD in Germany about 5 months befor it was released on the cinema in Sweden. On the DVD was the Swedish audio track (even tho Germans usually dub thire movies)... And they wonder why not many went to the cinema in sweden?

Well one thing with games, is that physical copies will have to be discontinued. Publishers get way to much money out of it, and we have to pay it. Digital distribution is way to go. Selling a code to download on internet cost very little to nothing. That way cheaper games, more game purchased and no reselling old games.

There are about  6 physical copies of games i have. 

I compulsive buy stuff from Steam sales, leaves my wallet empty so I pirate my music and movies. I use sites like bandcamp when I can though, iTunes takes an evil cut.

EDIT: I will also stop pirating movies when Australia gets Netflix. Then I'll be clean!

I agree with the people that say they download the games to see what they are like (like a demo) and see how they perform on the hardware and if all is good then make the purchase. 

i7 930 - Asus P6X58D-E - Asus AMD Radeon 5870 - 6GB Corsair Dominator RAM - Coolermaster HAF X

I used to pirate everything, back when I had next to no money.

It's funny. I feel like that's a legitimate reason, as I've used that one before.

I mean, if I have no money to spend on it, how am I taking money from the developers when I pirate? :P

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Steam makes pirating games pointless, so I don't bother doing it.

Movies and TV Shows - I pirate it now, and wait for specific favourites to be completed before buying the DVD/BluRay.

Expensive Software - I pirate it unless it's under $100 and I can afford the expense at any given point. I always look for free/open-source alternatives first.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I'm afraid I do. Although I mainly do it only to try before I buy as often demos are terrible. If I like it, I buy it. So I think that the companies would rather have me pirate their product and then buy it rather than just not buy it at all because I don't want to pay for something I'm not going to like. Well, hate me if you will but I think what I do is fair enough to both parties.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Not in all countries.

Also, HTTP 404 is a error referring to a resource being unavailable. Your Location makes no sense.

True.

As to my location. It is not supposed to make sense.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Sometimes I use piracy for the purpose of trying out a piece of software, especially games. If I like it, then I'll stop playing, buy it and then play it properly. If I don't like it then I just delete it off my HDD. Sometimes though I just know it will worth the money so I buy it day one or pre-order it, like with BioShock Infinite and GRID 2 to give some more recent examples.

I don't like to but I think its really bad. I only do it for overpriced pieces of software EX: Photoshop.

I don't like to but I think its really bad. I only do it for overpriced pieces of software EX: Photoshop.

Photoshop has to be the most overpriced piece of software ever.

Well, I see it as okay if you support the creators (that is, if the product was up to standards and you liked said product).

Well, I see it as okay if you support the creators (that is, if the product was up to standards and you liked said product).

Exactly

You don't purchase a car if you don't like it, you test drive for free first and if you like you then buy :) I'm sure that works in other situations as well lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

And if you are going to speed you might aswell be a serial killer.

I've read this over and over, and yet no matter how many ways I try to read it, it still communicates something that's just too ludicrous to have come from the mind of a sane human being.

I think the worst offender of the illegal downloading is downloading Windows for free when building a new PC.

Everyone always raves on and on about how building your own PC will always out-spec a Dell PC or something, even at the ultra-low end, budget PCs.

If you were to realistically count the $100 Windows license, there is no way you could build a $300 PC that is better than a $300 Dell, since you'd actually have $200 for the PC and $100 for the OS.

Everyone seems to forget about the OS as part of a pre-built system.

I've noticed that a lot of people here reply that, because they have no money, they pirate stuff they can't afford. I'm curious to know what the general age group pirates in the first place percentage wise. Say, 13-17, 18-25, 26-35, etc. I can see how someone young in age might have different views than someone who has worked for a living, knows the value of working, and getting paid for said work. When I was in my teens, I didn't care about such things as I do now. 

I think some of you need to watch this :blink: :

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

i hate it i once punched a kid coz he was proud of wat he had just obtaned for free

This is probably the most stupid thing that I have heard today.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I think the worst offender of the illegal downloading is downloading Windows for free when building a new PC.

Everyone always raves on and on about how building your own PC will always out-spec a Dell PC or something, even at the ultra-low end, budget PCs.

If you were to realistically count the $100 Windows license, there is no way you could build a $300 PC that is better than a $300 Dell, since you'd actually have $200 for the PC and $100 for the OS.

Everyone seems to forget about the OS as part of a pre-built system.

Dell buys Windows in so big bulks that the price drops to about $25.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I like it, I just don't like how people use it sometimes

I use it to not pay for shitty companies

but I pay for what I truly support

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss