Would you stop pirating if content did not cost too much?

Ethnod

LMAO AT I dont pirate anything actually 0%

I actually just added that one a min ago  :P

However, I am finding it really interesting how much people are willing to pay for things. Over half wont pay more than $5 a month for music and yet games is at 30+ Probably has something to do with the forum being full of gamer nerds  B)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

You should ad a "I pirate this stuff" option and for games a "I pirate to try then buy" etc

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

You should ad a "I pirate this stuff" option and for games a "I pirate to try then buy" etc

I agree with this.

I only pirate stuff that isn't really available anymore.. I torrent movies because there are no video stores around here.. And I don't have the money to pay for on demand either.. I'm a bad person xD

Pretty amazing stuff

I only pirate stuff that isn't really available anymore.. I torrent movies because there are no video stores around here.. And I don't have the money to pay for on demand either.. I'm a bad person xD

Nah you are not, if movies where at a decent price, then it would be fine, but they are expensive for what they are.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I feel that games aren't worth the price they are sold at new.

I expect 60 euro worth of content.

This is why I always wait for a steam sale.

I just dont like paying for anything. If there was a service that was 5 buks a month for unlimited access to all content. Music, movies, tv, games... Id be keen on that for a while... Untill I felt that I was getting ripped off and then I wouldnt want the service any more.

Personally I dont see pirating and the buying as actual pirating, although if you pirate to try and then dont buy its pirating imo... man thats an odd one even for me to get my head around. Pirating is such an odd subject lol

but tbh defeats the purpose of the poll, the whole point is specifically regarding subscription services, how much would you pay for unlimited?

Nah you are not, if movies where at a decent price, then it would be fine, but they are expensive for what they are.

And thats why I think there is so much pirating, there is no value for money. You pay $60 for a game and then its total crap, and the the next game is $60 and its also total shit. Fool me once...... hence torrenting stuff

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I don't need cheap prices, I need reasonable prices. But above all I want the content I like easily available. Then I wouldn't need to pirate ever again.

I actually just added that one a min ago  :P

However, I am finding it really interesting how much people are willing to pay for things. Over half wont pay more than $5 a month for music and yet games is at 30+ Probably has something to do with the forum being full of gamer nerds  B)

including me!!! lol kidding just in tv and music i think the music industry has already enough money ...but i would give 20+ dollars on people who deserve them or music/movies etc. just trying to be fair here.

money

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

I just dont like paying for anything. If there was a service that was 5 buks a month for unlimited access to all content. Music, movies, tv, games... Id be keen on that for a while... Untill I felt that I was getting ripped off and then I wouldnt want the service any more.

Would you seriously only pay $5 a month for unlimited everything? And even then only for a while? Man you are cheap lol ;) ;)

So I am one of the few who don't find the need to pirate things :D

Sheep ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Actually i happened to play a game i downloaded (piracy) and then go buy it because it deserved it!well maybe i was thinking to buy it cause it deserved it..but i would do it anyways

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Well one thing is for sure there is no justice in this world. A man is working as hard as he can for a 10cents piece of bread a day and another is spending 60$ instantly on a game with his parents money..

I think single player games should be cheaper, IMO a game that has a 7-9 hours SP campaign isn't worth $49.99-$59.99. I typically wait for them to be cheaper and buy them, or pirate them and then buy them when they are cheaper to show support/pay what I think is fair.

Games should be priced according to their play time, only problem is that would be a tough metric to standardize....

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

Sheep ^^

Not really, I don't need to pirate stuff since I have the money to buy it. I have DSTV so I don't have to download series etc. I only listen to old music like Pink Floyd which I own all of the original copies of. Games I buy via steam, origin. Only thing I download is software to try it out, then buy it if I like it.

\

Don't see any reason to pirate anymore.

How come?

Games are expensive for how much content is usually in them and most are down right just NOT worth it in the slightest until the steam sales come around.

I do buy games in steam sales.

Movies are expensive for how long they last

Tv-shows are impossible to watch on TV in some places

Also if money is tight, then you have no choice.

Games I buy via .... origin

Shudder

Nope.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Ads for Cable TV is horrible.

IK, Just felt like putting the hulu ads in perspective as they\re not bad compared to TV.

Also, youtube is pretty much free music isn't it?

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

You make it sound as if everyone is poor these day's

And tbh i don't believe your poor either if you can buy a computer you can buy a computer game also.

I'm not saying that, I believe that you should get your moneys worth in hours out of a game, like £1/$1 per hour, if a game lasts 7 hours then if you paid full price or something not worth it.

Steam sales is the only time I actually BUY games, because then they are down to a level which I deem them worth it.

And no I'm not poor I have money saved over the years, I don't have a job mind you.

the only time i pay for a game is if its an indie title otherwise i already know the devs have been payed and i dont really care about giving ea more money

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

I pirate only games that I'm not sure to like or when I don't have the money (I'm 15, no job). If they were 20$ each, wich I am sure, without the bilions of dollars putted in marketting would still be profitable, I would buy almost every game that come out.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1