Pro gamer killed selling his PS4 on Craigslist.

Rafy

30m24od.jpg

A 28-year-old former Gears of War professional player was shot and killed in an Atlanta, Georgia parking lot Friday night while trying to sell a used Playstation 4 to a couple he met over Craigslist.

Police say that when Daniel Zeitz met the couple in the parking lot around 9:30pm, the man, identified by police as Nathaniel Vivian, 20, attempted to steal the console from Zeitz. When Zeitz resisted, the 16-year-old girl, whose name has not yet been released, pulled out a .25 caliber pistol and fired one shot. It pierced Vivian’s hand and hit Zeitz in the chest—all while the girl's 16-month-old baby sat in the couple's nearby car.

The pair were arrested at Northside Hospital as they sought medical attention for Vivian’s hand. Vivian originally told Brookhaven police at the hospital that he was the victim of a crime, before eventually confessing to the murder.

The girl is currently being held in Fulton County Jail without bond. On Tuesday, the county's district attorney’s office announced it would try her as an adult alongside Vivian. The child has since been turned over to the girl’s relatives.

The last people to speak with Zeitz alive were his Gears of War teammates. According to K.L. “arCtyC” Smith, the last thing Zeitz said was, “Hey guys, I’ll be right back." Smith received a phone call at 4am the following morning informing him that Zeitz had been killed.

Source:http://www.dailydot.com/esports/gamer-murdered-playstation-4-daniel-zeitz-gears-of-war/?fbdd

USC-fan provided a link for anyone who like to help his family out with funeral costs.

http://www.gofundme.com/Phobos

It's a really sad thing that happened. I don't know what's more disturbing a 16 year-old pulled a gun on him and shot him or the fact that said 16 year-old girl had her baby in the car while it happened.

It's a really sad thing that happened. I don't know what's more disturbing a 16 year-old pulled a gun on him and shot him or the fact that said 16 year-old girl had her baby in the car while it happened.

I'm not saying crazy but...

Crazy

Edited by alpenwasser
cleaning topic

*some* Americans are fucking stupid and insane assholes. a 16y/o with a kid shooting a dude because of a ps4? I mean, are you kidding me?

condolences to his family and teammates/friends.

-You guys don't seem to get it, so i edited...-

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

i am now not using craglist or kijiji 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Wow...... hope his family is doing well after what have happened.. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

"We need more guns", said the American population.

See, this is what occurs when guns are too easily available.

While this is a real sad story, and it's truly a shame that Daniel was killed, it helps to show that the US needs to get rid of gun rights for normal citizen. Guns are weapons, you should not have the right to carry, purchase or own a weapon without a legit reason.

Cheers,

Linus

'Murica. Where 16-year olds run around with guns and you get shot over a PS4. Poor guy must have been really unlucky too... .25 rounds hardly ever kill people, except when they hit the head.

reminds me of the recent UZI toting 9 year old

Committing murder for a PlayStation... Wtf.....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I feel like @LinusTech should ban some of the posters in this thread. Some of you seriously need to give your head a shake.

Edit: I see now the mods have come in and removed the highly inappropriate posts.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Americans are fucking stupid and insane assholes. a 16y/o with a kid shooting a dude because of a ps4? I mean, are you kidding me?

condolences to his family and teammates. RIP or spoken for a gamer RIP in pepperonies, u got rekt m8! (not sure if this is appropriat but you probably get what i mean :))

God you're ignorant.

I feel like @LinusTech should ban some of the posters in this thread. Some of you seriously need to give your head a shake.

Truly distasteful shit. 

I'm always up for some jokes, but some people really have no tact. Time and place, time and place. 

Then again, most of these users are 12 year olds with underdeveloped social skills. 

While this is a real sad story, and it's truly a shame that Daniel was killed, it helps to show that the US needs to get rid of gun rights for normal citizen. Guns are weapons, you should not have the right to carry, purchase or own a weapon without a legit reason.

You sir, are a tool. It was not stated whether the firearm was legally owned or not. And the pros far outweigh the cons when it comes to gun ownership. 

Also, it is far easier to obtain a gun illegally, rather than through the proper channels. Background checks have to be made etc.

Don't join the "soccer mom" mentality please.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

damn a new ps4 is $400 and since it was off craigslist he was probably selling it cheaper even then is it really worth having a murder on your soul for less than $400 how petty can you be

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Americans are fucking stupid and insane assholes. a 16y/o with a kid shooting a dude because of a ps4? I mean, are you kidding me?

condolences to his family and teammates. RIP or spoken for a gamer RIP in pepperonies, u got rekt m8! (not sure if this is appropriat but you probably get what i mean :))

Couldn't have said it better this is sad that they killed someone over 400$. It's not anybody's fault but there own they have a shitty lifestyle. I hope she is sent to jail for life or even better. Eye for an eye

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

This is why no matter what I am selling on Craigslist I carry a loaded .45 and never meet in a secluded area , there are to many f'd up people on there too take a risk.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

This is a sad event for sure. I will agree with you there. And my condolences to his family, friends, and loved ones.

How ever with out getting too involved with political affairs, I respectfully disagree with your opinion on gun control. Being able to protect your family is a legit reason for anyone to own a gun. Were not sure where the 16 yr old girl picked it up. It could be stolen or taken from her parents. But i will say this, Had the weapon been a knife, Should we ban all cookware because honestly, an egg shell could be a weapon.

And also one more thing on the murder. Why would anyone make a deal on craigslist to sell anything at 9:30 at night in a parking lot? Didn't a red flag go off somewhere, How did the young man think this was a good idea?

Not as insane as you are for assuming we are all this stupid.

Put both of these people in jail for life.

This is why no matter what I am selling on Craigslist I carry a loaded .45 and never meet in a secluded area , there are to many f'd up people on there too take a risk.

Says they were in a parking lot. Although a .45 might have helped him here, definitely a vest like I wear when I go out in public (easily stop a .25)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You sir, are a tool. It was not stated whether the firearm was legally owned or not. And the pros far outweigh the cons when it comes to gun ownership. 

Also, it is far easier to obtain a gun illegally, rather than through the proper channels.

Don't join the "soccer mom" mentality please.

Please, do enlighten me, oh wise one — How are there pros to widespread ownership and use of weapons?

You're probably right that it's easier to obtain guns illegally, but that's partly just a side effect of the flawed system that allows you to own guns in the first place.

Craving, or having a need for guns is but a state of mind mimicking that of a savage. People have been moving towards more civil ways of protection for over a century.

Being able to protect your family is a legit reason for anyone to own a gun

But that is only because so many people possess them already. People don't need guns over here, because it is normal for people not to have guns. That's the civilized way of protecting your population; don't allow them to possess weapons that they may use to harm others.

Cheers,

Linus

Reminds me of the guy who got beaten, stabbed and then burned alive because of an Xbox 360.