adblock users are questionable

chimmychunger

AdBlock is totally necessary for browsing some sites. So I hate those sites that want you to totally uninstall AdBlock (not disable, uninstall) to watch their content. Sill I choose to disable it for sites like Youtube, Twitch and LinusTechTips forum...

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

adblock doesn't work anymore for me  :o

Remove it and install it again,so i do when it stops working.

On Topic..

What's wrong in advertising adblock/plus with pop ups to get more people aware of it? As long its not a spam,virus or malware add on its fine for me.

personally i just use adblock on websites with popups and sketchy ads i disable them for the Linus tech tips website and other websites who don't have such intrusive advertisments

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I just whitelist the channels/websites I want to support (and deserve my support).

Its mostly adblock and people using mobile. I think it is still true that youtube collects the ad revenue from mobile views and the content producer does not receive any of it. And yes people who claim to like/support content producers yet use adblock are full of shit. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Your math is very messed up. $7.60 per 1000 views would be $0.0076 per view.

As is your reading comprehension, I said 0.76 cents

#getrekt

I keep adblock off for youtube, But on for twitch. The streamers I watch get a shed load of money from Subs and donations anyway

Current System- Asus Z87K Mobo, Palit GTX 780, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz RAM, Intel I5 4670K Processor at 4.1Ghz, 600w PSU Corsair, 120GB Boot drive SSD With 1TB External Drive. Numerous 120mm case fans. Oh and meatballs. Cant forget meatballs. 

As is your reading comprehension, I said 0.76 cents

#getrekt

I read your post perfectly fine, I know you said 0.76 cents. That is incorrect.

I read your post perfectly fine, I know you said 0.76 cents. That is incorrect.

You Sir, are mistaken.

$0.0076 = 0.76 Cents

I can't put it more clearly than that.

And yes people who claim to like/support content producers yet use adblock are full of shit. 

How so? Are we not capable of donations? Can we not separate the content creators from the remora that is advertising? Can we not share the video with others who may not mind ads?

You Sir, are mistaken.

$0.0076 = 0.76 Cents

I can't put it more clearly than that.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

I'm amused you changed the topic title.

For those who are just coming in, the original title was "Adblock users are worse than Hitler" or something like that.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

For those who are just coming in, the original title was "Adblock users are worse than Hitler" or something like that.

I remember it calling us dicks.

How so? Are we not capable of donations? Can we not separate the content creators from the remora that is advertising? Can we not share the video with others who may not mind ads?

I think the type of user you are describing is atypical. I highly doubt that the majority of adblock users are donating to every site or content producer that they are denying revenue from. And great a bunch of ad block users can share the video with their adblock using friends, , even more un monetised views. And maybe you have donated off of this site but I assume you are an adblock user yet I see no sticker on your profile to indicate that you have participated in any of the donations to Linus Media Group, or did you send them a cheque? 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I keep adblock off for youtube, But on for twitch. The streamers I watch get a shed load of money from Subs and donations anyway

My local off license makes tonnes of money from selling booze and cigarettes so it pretty much okay if I steal a few chocolate bars...

I'm sick of all the bitching about anything related to consoles and thus I do what Linus told us to: Vote with the "wallet". I have ADBlock enabled, pause the video right away, copy the URL, close the tab, download the video and then skip any and all of the ADs when watching the video. In short: Be a dick and it will backfire.

Besides, I use ADBlock to block any and all content that I'm not intersted in. Not just ads.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

So you changed the title eh....

We still remember.....

Never forget.

I use adblock, but I keep it off for most sites. I only turn it on if the ads are annoying. Like on imgur, a site I browse nearly everday, some of the ads make sounds and that gets annoying since it comes out of nowhere randomly when skipping to a different image. I leave it off for youtube and most other sites though.

So you changed the title eh....

We still remember.....

Never forget.

fair enough

fair enough

What was the title? 

What was the title? 

First I saw was "adblock users are dicks" or something along the lines of that.

What was the title? 

i originally called it adblock users are dicks

I think the type of user you are describing is atypical. I highly doubt that the majority of adblock users are donating to every site or content producer that they are denying revenue from. And maybe you have donated off of this site but I assume you are an adblock user yet I see no sticker on your profile to indicate that you have participated in any of the donations to Linus Media Group, or did you send them a cheque? 

I just wanted to know why I was full of shit. If I say I like Linus's content, but also use AdBlock, you'd say I'm full of shit, yes? For what reason? Is monetary support in any way required to like content that is created for free consumption? I haven't donated to Linus, but I have donated to other content creators that chose to ask for donations and disable ads themselves. That goes beyond the average role of a consumer though, and was entirely voluntary. I wouldn't say shaming or guilting viewers into supporting is coercive, but I do find it pathetic.