Show off your latest purchases

29 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't believe there's any way to pass that display information between different cards, no.

So what could the extra monitors be used for then?  Sorry.  Single monitor here so I've never thought about what 2 or more could be useful for.

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

So what could the extra monitors be used for then?  Sorry.  Single monitor here so I've never thought about what 2 or more could be useful for.

General office work... you know, web browsing, excel, etc.  Anything a GT 710 can run :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

15 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

DAhwL5e.png

That 3DSXL looks really nice.  I have the Zelda New 3DSXL with the Triforce on it and I really like mine.  

What are you going to use the PSU for?  ?

43 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

It’s going to go inside my new PC :P

There was a mix-up with the shipping – I returned it right after ordering it and then forgot I did that, so all this time I’ve been using a spare 550W XFX power supply in my PC.

Also, if you think it looks nice, you should definitely consider this case. It’s gorgeous IMHO.

Is 360W enough though?  Most GPUs seem to want at least a 500W PSU.  Or do you not have a GPU in the PC in question?

Youre right that Pikachu case looks awesome.  Though I'm torn since it would cover up the Triforce on my 3DSXL.. 

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What are you going to use the 710 for?  Was the 710 made before Nvidia started using GTX for their GPUs?  I think I've seen 710s listed on Amazon but they say GT 710.  

i am using it for a competition it does 1350/1150mhz easy :P http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/cheapaz_chips_s1

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Just now, Jumper118 said:

i am using it for a competition it does 1350/1150mhz easy :P http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/cheapaz_chips_s1

ah, interesting.  What higher end cards can you get it to match?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

ah, interesting.  What higher end cards can you get it to match?

nothing :P maybe a gt720 at best. the guy in 1st is at nearly 1500mhz.

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

54 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

The case fits best with monochrome 3DSes, IMO. It’s cool that you like it too!

As far as my PSU goes, it should fit quite snugly with the plans I have for it… which you’re right, don’t include a dGPU. I’m hoping Intel will release an Iris Pro Skylake or Kaby Lake Core i7, and I’ll upgrade to that… but if they don’t I’ll probably just get a regular Kaby Lake Core i7 anyway. Having a nice GPU isn’t really important to me, because I don’t game a whole lot. Plus I’m on Linux, so my drivers aren’t half bad.

Aside from Zelda I like Pokemon and Pikachu too.  ?

Are there any 1150 or 1151 i5s or i7s that have that Iris Pro stuff currently?  That's the best integrated graphics on Intel CPUs right?

Linux has good drivers for something?  Sorry I know nothing about Linux.  

Do you like Linux vs. Windows?

Just now, AlexTheRose said:

That’s neat. I’ve been meaning to buy a Zelda game, actually. Never got into the series, and would like something for the 3DS. What would you recommend?

There is Broadwell, but IIRC Intel stopped making those in 2015. Not sure though.

Intel’s graphics drivers for Linux well outperform the drivers they maintain for Windows. With an Iris Pro Skylake or Kaby Lake iGPU, I would not be surprised to see performance of an R9 380.

What is that?

If you're new to the series The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds should be a fun intro to the series.  Ocarina of Time is also on 3DS if you can find it but it's not as easy so I'd suggest that for later possibly.

That's interesting that Intel would support Linux so much better.

Sorry.  I meant to ask why you prefer Linux instead of using Windows?

19 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

It’s a matter of telling Microsoft “No” in disagreeance with their policies and practises.

As far as the UI, support, and stability of WinX goes, it is a great operating system and I would buy it to dual boot as soon as I could (I actually bought WinX Enterprise once before), but the reason I don’t free float back and forth between the two operating systems anymore is because I cannot condone what Microsoft is doing by giving them money.

Having an abhorrent data mining and metadata collection system that close to my system is unacceptable. I will take my chances with Google and others instead, for I have much greater control over what I give them than I would using Microsoft’s operating system.

Until we reclaim our democracy, it is my only choice to speak to companies that do not care about their customers, sad to say. “Money talks, and bullshit walks.”

I can understand that.  I'm personally not a fan of data mining stuff too or the annoying forced updates that trigger restarts.

Unfortunately I play too many PC games to give up Windows.  So I'm stuck whether I like it or not.   

11 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

It’s a matter of weighing which is more important to you: games, or your information. Most seem to choose the former. It’s a lot easier for me to choose the latter as I do not game heavily, and am thus not as reliant on Windows as some.

Has anyone figured out exactly what info W10 collects?  

5 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Ya, I hate stock all in one fans.  Mine need to be replaced as my thermaltake 3.0 extreme's sounds like a damn weed whacker when I start it up. xD 

The same happened here, there was a god awful rattle from the stock fans when they had to up the RPMs. 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

4 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

That's cool.  You're on the leaderboard Mr. Grumpy Kitty nice job!  ?

I am indeed.  I hope to buy a 2gb card soon and maybe get a bit higher on that leadboard too. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Newest purchases:

A pair of HD800 modded with "Super dupont" modification, (basically makes them HD800S without the black paint or added bass distortion)

q9dLr.png

Also some SE215 I got used for $50 on head-fi.

q9dH6.png

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

13781828_1137384326318722_50072397662521

I got (what I think is) a good deal on it.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

50SWWDi.jpg 

q73ZiSo.jpg 

Reduced to £139.99 from £249.99! Plus a discount on the bluetooth module.

Linus is my fetish.

Sort of got a bit burned out so I thought I'd go on a bit of a temp leave so there's a few posts worth here... Well... A few for me... I don't tend to buy many noteworthy things, most of the stuff before this would be the odd steam game or the odd song here or there...

Too much bother to deal with format changes... You're getting a much more basic post.

Anyway... Something I may not have go round to mentioning on the other forum... I decided to buy a few songs from Sixx:A.M.'s Modern Vintage album.

- Stars

- Relief

- Let's Go

- Drive

[Ratings based on amount of songs I like, 1 for Very Good, 0.5 for pretty good, everything else is 0]

[Bonus points for 'goodies' and interesting things]

[Hidden Tracks NOT included in song total]

This Rating system is a tad harsh because only the best songs grab points for the albums, and punishes albums with 'meh' songs and a lack of goodies.

Zk6SdMo.jpg

GNR Greatest Hits Rating: 7/14 [1BP For Disc Design]... 8/14 (5.7/10)

Disturbed Ten Thousand Firsts Rating Tour Edition: 8/16 [1BP For Lyric/Art book] [1BP For DVD]... 10/16 (6.3/10)

BABYMETAL STA Rating: 10.5/15 [2BP For Lyric Booklets]... 12.5/15 (8.3/10)

Disturbed Immortalized Rating: 6/13 [1BP For Overall Design] [1BP For Disc Design] [1BP For Lyric/Art book]... 9/13 (6.9/10)

Ba0l5wFg.jpg

Rammstein Reise, Reise Rating: 5.5/11 (12 Track CD,1 hidden track) [1BP For Hidden Track] [1BP For Overall Design] [1BP For Lyric Booklet]... 8/11 (7.3/10)

Slash's Snakepit It's Five O'Clock Somewhere Rating: 6.5/14 [1BP For Lyric Booklet]... 7.5/14 (5.4/10)

fkSMIpm.jpg

Slash Ft. Myles Kennedy+The Conspirators Rating: 11/17 [1BP For Sleeve] [1BP For Lyric Booklet]... 12/17 (7/10)

GNR Chinese Democracy Rating: 5/14 [2BP For Lyric/Art Booklet (1 for lyrics, 1 for amazing art)] 7/14 (5/10)

Ozzy Randy Rhoads Tribute Rating: 8.5/14  [3BP For Tribute Booklet]... 11/14 (7.9/10)

Ozzy No Rest For The Wicked Rating: 6.5/11[1BP For Lyric Booklet]... 7.5/11 (6.8/10)

PC parts.. Hopefully they'll be here tomorrow. Was waiting for the PSU to come in stock, which was apparently today.

5VNLmnb.png

Edit: I already have the blu-ray drive & case picked them both up on eBay for $60

LCaCAfz.jpg

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

It's no tech stuff but summer is here

H3tcsaJ.jpg

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

so, what's the best part about ordering custom watercooling parts from highflow.nl?

the service?

the watercooling parts themselves..?

nope

20160724_172629.jpg

seasonic gummybears, aww yiss

"Regular coke"

image.jpg

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.