What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

• 1 month later...

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

perfect

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Ha! I still have one of those in my closet.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

thats just amazing 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

But can it run crysis????

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

Funny enough I got a microscope kit and chemistry kit combo as a little kid but it was a non kid item with some somewhat toxic chemicals in it for experimentation

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

ive got one of them somewhere, should i see if it works with windows 7

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

Is it compatible with linux????

I'm just a random teenager from New Jersey. Why would you listen to me?

Or they could do it the right way and mount webcam to real microscope. Like our department has for students and staff to work with thin sections.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That makes no sense? We're asking him to review a product, not mount a webcam to a real microscope.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

On 9/25/2016 at 9:03 AM, AresKrieger said:

Funny enough I got a microscope kit and chemistry kit combo as a little kid but it was a non kid item with some somewhat toxic chemicals in it for experimentation

Will it run Crysis?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't buy that.

If you want a raid card buy a good one from lsi or a used rebrand from dell or hp or lenove

If you want a pcie ssd, buy a pcie ssd. There much faster than a huge array of ssds.

That's not what i want one for. I currently have a 120gb ssd as boot drive (bought it when ssd's were relatively new, only 213MB/s speeds) with a 4tb hdd for storage. I plan on buying a NVMe drive and making that my boot. Then, using a hyperduo raid card, have the 120gb ssd set as a cache drive for the 4tb. Increasing the incredibly garbage transfer speeds it has now, going from 75 to somewhere around 200MB/s.

6 minutes ago, Tecknogekko said:

That's not what i want one for. I currently have a 120gb ssd as boot drive (bought it when ssd's were relatively new, only 213MB/s speeds) with a 4tb hdd for storage. I plan on buying a NVMe drive and making that my boot. Then, using a hyperduo raid card, have the 120gb ssd set as a cache drive for the 4tb. Increasing the incredibly garbage transfer speeds it has now, going from 75 to somewhere around 200MB/s.

You can do that in software. You don't need a card for that.

It also won't just make you hdd faster.

What would do that? I could only find one program and it required the raid to be used as the boot drive.

5 minutes ago, Tecknogekko said:

What would do that? I could only find one program and it required the raid to be used as the boot drive.

Bcache can do that on linux. Windows also has this as a part of the storage management on 2012+

A SSD cache won't make you system much faster. Your better off making it a separate drive and storing some games on it.

15 minutes ago, Tecknogekko said:

Your hdd will still be holding back even using that card the cache will only be helpful for programs you use regularly, and then why not install them on the ssd at that point. if the hdd is sata 3gbps, look at getting a sata 6gbps, or get a larger ssd to hold more programs. 

Also defragmenting the hdd can speed it up.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •