What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

I'd like to see Luke do a review or comparison of all the LMG staff, i imagine such a thing would end up on channel super fun though!

Really, any of the Z97 series motherboards. I want to see how they compare to the Z87 and if it is worth the upgrade or not or just to wait until Broadwell comes out. 

Pet Rocks

c208_usb_pet_rock.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Name Taken said:

I'd be impressed if this could actually function in a vacuum on the moon.

I don't see why electronics shouldn't work in a vacuum? Or on the moon for a matter of fact. 

I'm definitely the guy who would take this to the beach, the moon, the library... pretty much anywhere.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

11 minutes ago, Name Taken said:

Temperature on the moon varies from +/-120c as well being exposed to unfiltered UV radiation.

Hmm, with no atmosphere I think the real danger would be the laptop / device overheating as heat can't escape through conventional means. And thinking on it the lack of atmosphere would cause any liquids to boil off, so the laptop would need a solid state battery such as a li-po and I'm not sure as to how many laptops with those those are kicking about. Also would UV radiation be enough to affect the operation? I'm dubious to that. 

EDIT: But yes, if the sun light increases the laptops temperature to 120DC that would be.... problematic.

It would be interesting to see if it's good or not. My guess is that it's crap. I could not find any retails about it other than the price and that it uses a single USB 3.0 cable. Last time I used a USB powered monitor I wanted to stab myself to end the suffering. It was slow and horrible. Since they aren't publishing any specs my guess is that it will be terrible too.

4 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

Hmm, with no atmosphere I think the real danger would be the laptop / device overheating as heat can't escape through conventional means. And thinking on it the lack of atmosphere would cause any liquids to boil off, so the laptop would need a solid state battery such as a li-po and I'm not sure as to how many laptops with those those are kicking about. Also would UV radiation be enough to affect the operation? I'm dubious to that. 

Yeah that's why it costs millions of dollars to send a rover to the moon everything has to be space grade to shield from all the radiation it has to deal with and lots and lots of other potential issues.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

7 minutes ago, Name Taken said:

NASA have webpages as well as white papers on how UV radiation affect electronics that you can read.

So it is. Apparently it can be an almost immediate effect or a slow but sure degradation. So it might work for a little time to get the photo or something ha.

17 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

EDIT: But yes, if the sun light increases the laptops temperature to 120DC that would be.... problematic.

Addressing the edit: Just play in the shade... There are trees on the moon right?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, Name Taken said:

I'd be impressed if this could actually function in a vacuum on the moon.

So long as they limit the amount of unleaded tin in their product and provide decent radiation shielding it should work just fine. The primary concerns with electronics in space are increased tin whisker growth and the higher amount of certain types of radiation that are present. One other factor is contaminants (which can easily be accelerated to high speed in zero g and then smack into things), but it's an electronic device. As long as all unprotected parts are built with leaded tin (or no tin preferably) and they're built in decently clean environments, they'll work just fine.

That said, I'm glad you posted that, I want one. Please review.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

I want to see Linus spend half an hour, reviewing a bacon sandwich.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

My budget mechanical Keyboard?:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015MPQQ0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My M9i Mini Cryorig CPU cooler?:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0177GTTB0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My bug out bag's "general purpose electronic tool" as I shorten it to. It basically is a solar/hand crank powered radio,phone charger and LED flashlight:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WIF2T7C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those are the only things I own that I could see being worthy of a  tech review.

Things I don't own I'd like a review for are...

Some Corsair MicroATX/mini itx cases like maybe the Carbide 88R or one of those cube ones:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01550Y9GA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2W7JPL9ZEIO5S&coliid=I3VTA8R0A85KSG

I've seen other reviews of the Wraith cooler by AMD, but I'd love to hear your thoughts about it.

Maybe a review on headset setups VS what I prefer by having a separate microphone and headphone.

I can't really thing of anything else. I'm in the market for an optical drive capable of bluray if you've reviewed any of those.

that samsung flip phone that you guys said in wan show that you would review but never did.

I just watched a video on a YouTube cahnnel named JayzTwoCents and he made a video on a tiny compact PC called The ASRock Beebox and I tried looking through the LTT Channel for a video on this PC but couldn't find one all I found was The Asrock M8 Compact PC Barebones Kit. I was just hoping you could take a look into this PC and maybe do a review on it, I would love to see that!!!