Rate the Photo Above you

22 hours ago, Guy_guy said:

It's a really good shot overall, and I'm sure you have a happy client,  9.5/10. Just two things I didn't like : the highlight on the left of her head and chest is a bit much, it grabbed my attention at first.

Reveal hidden contents

(well it's not quite true, dem buns got my attention first ʘ‿ʘ, but let's not digress...)

The other thing is her face, her skin is too shiny imo, it either needed some make-up, or a bit of work in post to soften it.

But still, amazing work, it's quite rare to see a pro shot here, so I can only say congrats really. Was the model "provided" by your client, or did you hire her independently ?

IMG_1117-1.jpg

I really like the abstractness of the picture, bw works well. Good composition too.

12.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

On 16/07/2016 at 0:47 AM, mama_fluxus said:

BTW, i love your photo. I'm still not sure what it is but I like it! 10/10

6 hours ago, Tam3n said:

I really like the abstractness of the picture, bw works well. Good composition too.

Thanks for the comments, really appreciate it. A bit of info : This shot is of an Arne Quinze sculpture, which looks like shit imo, like everything he's ever made. But I guess that's part of photography, finding a good side in anything.

7 hours ago, Tam3n said:

12.jpg

There's something wrong with this. I can't quite place my finger on it, but the glider just doesn't seem like it's actually in the sky. It doesn't feel real to me, like, I don't feel as if this is what it would like if I was in an aircraft next to this.  5/10.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

4 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

There's something wrong with this. I can't quite place my finger on it, but the glider just doesn't seem like it's actually in the sky. It doesn't feel real to me, like, I don't feel as if this is what it would like if I was in an aircraft next to this.  5/10.

I shot this from the ground when the glider was being winched into air. It's a bit over processed, but I thought it looks cool :)

Here's a jpg from untouched raw file for comparison (thread may skip this)...

DSC06297.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

to get this thread back on track. this was shot with my t4i with a bit of work in lightroom. 

kkE9Rsc.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

19 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

to get this thread back on track. this was shot with my t4i with a bit of work in lightroom. 

Great detail and vibrant colors! I also like the gentle bokeh in the background. 9.5/10 I'd say :)

I found following graffiti in cologne. While this picture doesn't take a lot to do I still liked the motive.

Although it looks like that pigeon shits on that kid

DSC_0041[1].jpg

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Nice picture, cool painting 7/10

DSC04407.JPG

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

(Sorry, no pic with this post (yet?))

It was a cloudy day and I was in a large room at the zoo with foggy glass skylights.  That's why it's so soft.  Optically zoomed only.

I rate your picture 6/10.  It's way over sharpened, such that it's challenging to look at and hurts my eyes.  Nice camera though, and I like how close you must've been to the subject (Lion?).  

f/7.1  --  20s  --  4.1mm  --  ISO80  --  -- Taken during a storm last night.  We lost power but I still took pictures!  Might be noisy and is dark.  Edited a bit in Snapseed for Android.

DSC04846-01.jpeg

f/8  --  6s  --  4.1mm  --  ISO80

DSC04820-01.jpeg

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

23 hours ago, bobdabiulder said:

(Sorry, no pic with this post (yet?))

It was a cloudy day and I was in a large room at the zoo with foggy glass skylights.  That's why it's so soft.  Optically zoomed only.

I rate your picture 6/10.  It's way over sharpened, such that it's challenging to look at and hurts my eyes.  Nice camera though, and I like how close you must've been to the subject (Lion?).  

f/7.1  --  20s  --  4.1mm  --  ISO80  --  -- Taken during a storm last night.  We lost power but I still took pictures!  Might be noisy and is dark.  Edited a bit in Snapseed for Android.

-snip-

f/8  --  6s  --  4.1mm  --  ISO80

-snip THIS PICTURE IS THE ONE JUDGED-

I'll give this a 9/10, I've always wanted to be able to get a picture like this but all the storms around here are super cloudy.  It's hard to get clear lightning strikes like that.  The only gripe I have is the top right corner.

20160721-DSC_0026.jpg

Instagram really seems to like this picture so here it is.  D3200 w/ 50mm f/1.8 MF

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

1 minute ago, Aruxx said:

I'll give this a 9/10, I've always wanted to be able to get a picture like this but all the storms around here are super cloudy.  It's hard to get clear lightning strikes like that.  The only gripe I have is the top right corner.

Instagram really seems to like this picture so here it is.  D3200 w/ 50mm f/1.8 MF

9 out of 10. Love the picture but there doesn't seem to be a specific subject 

this was taken with a t4i lens was a macro but i cant remember which 

fl1gAWU.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

On 7/23/2016 at 2:15 PM, Maybach123 said:

9 out of 10. Love the picture but there doesn't seem to be a specific subject 

this was taken with a t4i lens was a macro but i cant remember which 

9/10   Great macro! I know how hard it is to get those tiny eyes in focus and you did it well!

IMG_8266.jpg

Canon 70D with Sigma 18-35 f1.8 lens.   This photo was taken at f13, 18mm, 1/2 sec exposure, and iso 100 

8/10. Good photo, though you could also play with the focus to blur the background a bit if you wanted to bring the picture's focus on the fountain.

IMG_2673.JPG

Canon Rebel T6i with the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens. Setting was ISO 100, 1/2 sec exposure time, f/11. Was handholding the camera as I don't have a tripod; I've bitten the bullet and have one on order with a remote trigger.

On 9/2/2013 at 10:09 AM, Blade of Grass said:

@dklhs90

8/10, good shot, abit grainy (cropping? High ISO?), but I like it

9653942685_58ee5f0a8d_c.jpg

Ended up re-editing this one, I think it looks better.

Very nice, calming. Reminds me of the countryside.. old farmer joe probably took this one. 9/10

20160716_152544.jpg

Build: CPU: i5 4690k; Mobo: msi Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 GPU: Sapphire R9 270 Dual X Case: LSP ULTRA ETorque mid-tower ATX PSU: LSP ULTRA 650w SSD: Crucial BX200 240gb HDD: Western Digital Black 1tb RAM: EVGA SuperSC 16 gigs DDR3 (two 8 gig sticks)

8/10 I like the subject, took me a second to realize it's a CPU.  I like the lines and expansiveness, but it's lacking texture and detail otherwise.  If the heatspreader weren't in a shadow, it might be better :)

Sony WX500 - EXIF:

Spoiler

EXIF — this group of metadata is encoded in 39,500 bytes (38.6k)

F Number 3.50
Sensitivity Type Recommended Exposure Index
Recommended Exposure Index 400
Exif Version 0230
Date/Time Original 2016:06:17 21:12:52
1 month, 8 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes, 1 second ago
Create Date 2016:06:17 21:12:52
Components Configuration Y, Cb, Cr, -
Compressed Bits Per Pixel 2
Max Aperture Value 3.5
Light Source Unknown
Flash Auto, Did not fire
Contrast Normal
Saturation Normal
Exposure Mode Auto
Exposure Time 1/30
Exposure Program Program AE
Sharpness Normal
Brightness Value 2.75546875
Exif Image Size 4,896 × 3,672
ISO 400
Exposure Compensation 0
Metering Mode Multi-segment
Focal Length 4.1 mm
Maker Note Sony (33,270 bytes binary data)
User Comment  
Flashpix Version 0100
Color Space sRGB
Interoperability Index R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
Interoperability Version 0100
File Source Digital Camera
Scene Type Directly photographed
Custom Rendered Normal
White Balance Auto
Digital Zoom Ratio 1
Focal Length In 35mm Format 24 mm
Scene Capture Type Standard
Lens Info 4.1-123mm f/3.5-6.4
Print Image Matching (28 bytes binary data)
Compression JPEG (old-style)
Image Description  
Make SONY
Camera Model Name DSC-WX500
Orientation Horizontal (normal)
X Resolution 72
Y Resolution 72
Software DSC-WX500 v1.00
Modify Date 2016:06:17 21:12:52
Resolution 350 pixels/inch
Thumbnail Length 4,994
Y Cb Cr Positioning Co-sited
X Resolution 72
Y Resolution 72
Exif Image Width 1,440
Exif Image Height 1,080

File — basic information derived from the file.

Exif Byte Order Little-endian (Intel, II)
File Size 4.9 MB
File Type JPEG
File Type Extension jpg
Image Size 4,896 × 3,672
MIME Type image/jpeg
Image Width 1,440
Image Height 1,080
Encoding Process Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample 8
Color Components 3
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling YCbCr4:2:2 (2 1)

Composite
This block of data is computed based upon other items. Some of it may be wildly incorrect, especially if the image has been resized.

Aperture 3.50
Preview Image (301,663 bytes binary data)
Megapixels 18.0
Shutter Speed 1/30
Thumbnail Image (4,994 bytes binary data)
Blue Balance 2.328125
Light Value 6.5
Red Balance 1.765625
Scale Factor To 35 mm Equivalent 5.9
Circle Of Confusion class='quiet' > 0.005 mm
Field Of View 73.7 deg
Focal Length 4.1 mm (35 mm equivalent: 24.0 mm)
Hyperfocal Distance class='quiet' > 0.94 m

DSC03723.JPG

Took this shot today on a Canon EOS 60D 

ISO:500

F2.8

Shutter Speed: 320 of a second.

Rate Please.

P1030077.JPG

53 minutes ago, GamerzCentralYT said:

Took this shot today on a Canon EOS 60D 

ISO:500

F2.8

Shutter Speed: 320 of a second.

Rate Please.

-snip-

Don't forget about rating the picture before you (it is the title, after all).

I don't mean to bash but I give it a 4.5/10.  The shot is very busy; there are power lines, a street sign, a large tree coming in from the right, lots of clouds, and a sunset.  No real focus point, nor is it busy in an artistic sense (think splash paintings).  My constructive criticism is keep your pictures as simple as you can.  On another note, with the lighting I would try to underexpose it so I could keep detail in the sunset because that has potential to be beautiful, but here it is washed out due to your camera trying to balance between lights and darks.

On a less hardass note (sorry, I hope I gave good advice) I got a new lens today!  Sigma 17-50mm f2.8, I'll probably be doing a review once I get more experience with it.  Not really happy with this picture but it's the best I got today and couldn't contain the excitement..

20160726-DSC_0012.jpg

Nikon D3200 w/ Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 @ 17mm, f/4, 1/1000, ISO 100

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

13 hours ago, Aruxx said:

On a less hardass note (sorry, I hope I gave good advice) I got a new lens today!  Sigma 17-50mm f2.8, I'll probably be doing a review once I get more experience with it.  Not really happy with this picture but it's the best I got today and couldn't contain the excitement..

Nothing interesting, no real composition, it's shot in direct sun, so colors are kill. 2/10

But I get it, new lens and all, it always takes a while to start putting it to good use :)

Countryside postcard incoming.

IMG_1524-1.jpg

[no picture]

I agree with @Guy_guy, not super good pic because of the backlight.  It's light a half-complete silhouette attempt.  Either go full silhouette or go to the other side of the tree.  Sorry if that sounds mean.  Also, @GamerzCentralYT, PLEASE edit and rate mine, OR someone else do it for him.  I like any feedback :) 

On 7/26/2016 at 10:53 AM, bobdabiulder said:

8/10 I like the subject, took me a second to realize it's a CPU.  I like the lines and expansiveness, but it's lacking texture and detail otherwise.  If the heatspreader weren't in a shadow, it might be better :)

Sony WX500 - EXIF:

Reveal hidden contents

EXIF — this group of metadata is encoded in 39,500 bytes (38.6k)

F Number 3.50
Sensitivity Type Recommended Exposure Index
Recommended Exposure Index 400
Exif Version 0230
Date/Time Original 2016:06:17 21:12:52
Create Date 2016:06:17 21:12:52
Components Configuration Y, Cb, Cr, -
Compressed Bits Per Pixel 2
Max Aperture Value 3.5
Light Source Unknown
Flash Auto, Did not fire
Contrast Normal
Saturation Normal
Exposure Mode Auto
Exposure Time 1/30
Exposure Program Program AE
Sharpness Normal
Brightness Value 2.75546875
Exif Image Size 4,896 × 3,672
ISO 400
Exposure Compensation 0
Metering Mode Multi-segment
Focal Length 4.1 mm
Maker Note Sony (33,270 bytes binary data)
User Comment  
Flashpix Version 0100
Color Space sRGB
Interoperability Index R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
Interoperability Version 0100
File Source Digital Camera
Scene Type Directly photographed
Custom Rendered Normal
White Balance Auto
Digital Zoom Ratio 1
Focal Length In 35mm Format 24 mm
Scene Capture Type Standard
Lens Info 4.1-123mm f/3.5-6.4
Print Image Matching (28 bytes binary data)
Compression JPEG (old-style)
Image Description  
Make SONY
Camera Model Name DSC-WX500
Orientation Horizontal (normal)
X Resolution 72
Y Resolution 72
Software DSC-WX500 v1.00
Modify Date 2016:06:17 21:12:52
Resolution 350 pixels/inch
Thumbnail Length 4,994
Y Cb Cr Positioning Co-sited
X Resolution 72
Y Resolution 72
Exif Image Width 1,440
Exif Image Height 1,080

File — basic information derived from the file.

Exif Byte Order Little-endian (Intel, II)
File Size 4.9 MB
File Type JPEG
File Type Extension jpg
Image Size 4,896 × 3,672
MIME Type image/jpeg
Image Width 1,440
Image Height 1,080
Encoding Process Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample 8
Color Components 3
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling YCbCr4:2:2 (2 1)

Composite
This block of data is computed based upon other items. Some of it may be wildly incorrect, especially if the image has been resized.

Aperture 3.50
Preview Image (301,663 bytes binary data)
Megapixels 18.0
Shutter Speed 1/30
Thumbnail Image (4,994 bytes binary data)
Blue Balance 2.328125
Light Value 6.5
Red Balance 1.765625
Scale Factor To 35 mm Equivalent 5.9
Circle Of Confusion class='quiet' > 0.005 mm
Field Of View 73.7 deg
Focal Length 4.1 mm (35 mm equivalent: 24.0 mm)
Hyperfocal Distance class='quiet' > 0.94 m

DSC03723.JPG

I like the picture it shows your interests in electronics. nice dof. 8/10 because I don't really know what else to say.

Took this at a museum in NY. Composition could've been better but it was just a spur of the moment so meh. 

so rate it? tnx 

museum.jpg

53 minutes ago, GamerzCentralYT said:

I like the picture it shows your interests in electronics. nice dof. 8/10 because I don't really know what else to say.

8/10 for me. The concentric circles help establish a clear focal point..my eyes were drawn there right away

3 hours ago, SeamusFrederick said:

8/10 for me. The concentric circles help establish a clear focal point..my eyes were drawn there right away

:) thanks

I'm just gonna rate all of @ShawnGMusic's pics:

1. 6/10 It's not really doing anything to me, as I don't really know what i'm looking at. Definitely more "abstract" imo? Maybe with some more contrast and reducing highlights would help out. (and if you're okay with cropping, i'd crop it so there's less sky as that distracts from the lake at the bottom)

2. 8/10 very well composed picture, great detail and colors. The highlights are a bit blown out tho which could probably be fixed in post, unless u were going for that effect. 

3. 7/10 Its a good picture but again, if the image was a bit tighter it would allow the viewer to know where to look. A crop would help as you're taking these pictures on your phone and optical zoom isn't really a thing :P The haze at the top is interesting but the way it came out in this picture seems like the lens was smudged (a bit)

Overall very good, especially coming from a phone, the issues have nothing to do with the composition and your artistic talent. 

So i have a TON of pictures from my trip to Colorado, so i guess i'll post 2 at a time? (is that kay?)

1. 28026987054_0ca01b1183_k.jpgDenver by Flight1sim, on Flickr

2. 28537460982_86ea48861b_k.jpgDenver by Flight1sim, on Flickr

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!