Rate the Photo Above you

6 hours ago, SQZY98 said:

I really love this shot. Seems like you got excellent timing on that shot as it's very cloudy on the left and sunny on the right. The lensflare makes it look even more alive. Btw: is that natural lensflare or did you edit it in? A bit more sharpness would have been nice, otherwise 9.5/10.

Here is my photo consisting of 7 photos originally (thats why the stars are not consistent). It was about 1 a.m. when the moon raised behind the mountains. In the foreground you can see a bit of that campingsite we were staying at.

Shots were take at 20s/f13/ISO100

Moon.png

It was completely natural lens flare

2 hours ago, Aruxx said:

7/10 I really like the dramatic look of the picture, but the thing that ruins it is the civilization at the bottom.  

Nikon D3200 w/ 50mm f/1.8 MF

7/10 I like shots like this (back of the car) but personally i think it would have looked better if the focal point is the mustang badge 

rYSEz12.jpg

I cant remember what i shot this photo with it was either my iphone 6s plus or my cannon rebel f5i (this was taken a couple of months ago)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

7/10 I like shots like this (back of the car) but personally i think it would have looked better if the focal point is the mustang badge 

I cant remember what i shot this photo with it was either my iphone 6s plus or my cannon rebel f5i (this was taken a couple of months ago)

7/10, nice composition but i feel its a little too dark. Probably not much you could have done though as it looks like the picture was taken in an unlit garage.

Here's a shot i got this past weekend. Decided to go black and white with this image as i feel it suits the car. Shot on my fuji x pro1 with a old vivitar 28mm f2.5

27927518075_1df4ae492d_k.jpgExcalibur by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

NOTE: I just noticed that this topic died because I and @bob345 apparently posted at nearly exactly the same time(since I didnt get a notification of his post although he stands above me) So I'm changing my rating to his photo.

On 28-6-2016 at 10:13 PM, bob345 said:

7/10, nice composition but i feel its a little too dark. Probably not much you could have done though as it looks like the picture was taken in an unlit garage.

Here's a shot i got this past weekend. Decided to go black and white with this image as i feel it suits the car. Shot on my fuji x pro1 with a old vivitar 28mm f2.5

27927518075_1df4ae492d_k.jpgExcalibur by Tauss ., on Flickr

very beautiful photo, I rate it 9/10 because there (truthfully) is something about it that ticks me off, but I can't put my finger on it, might be a combination of all reflections, but I'm not certain.

It's indeed a very good choice to go black and what here since this type of car looks the best for those situations if you ask me.

Here is my entry, my first attempt at macrophotography with some rings creating distance between my lens and sensor.voorproefje.pngThe full album just went online on both flickr and my site.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Intended double post to notifty everyone of the fact that I changed my previous reaction to be within the rules of this topic.
I didnt get notified of the post of @bob345 or perhaps we posted at very closely the same time, which is possible judging by the time stamps.

7/10 I like the shot of the eye and you have a good camera, but anyone could get that - still pretty good tho :)

DSC03758.JPG

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

12 hours ago, bobdabiulder said:

but anyone could get that

I liked the idea of a fighter jet pilot taking the time to "shoot" one of his colleagues, and I've never seen another shot depicting the same kind of scene.

...but I completely agree. :)

Although doesn't it apply to like 99.99999% of any picture in the world ?

2 hours ago, Guy_guy said:

I liked the idea of a fighter jet pilot taking the time to "shoot" one of his colleagues, and I've never seen another shot depicting the same kind of scene.

...but I completely agree. :)

Although doesn't it apply to like 99.99999% of any picture in the world ?

I'm confused, why are you referencing the previous page?  As far as I'm concerned, I was talking in regards the eye picture.

As far as the high percentage, I mean that in the way that everyone has an eye, but not an old Ford car or lives by a beautiful lake or scenic area - much less has the idea to take a picture.

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

52 minutes ago, bobdabiulder said:

I'm confused, why are you referencing the previous page?  As far as I'm concerned, I was talking in regards the eye picture.

As far as the high percentage, I mean that in the way that everyone has an eye, but not an old Ford car or lives by a beautiful lake or scenic area - much less has the idea to take a picture.

Well you were quoting me, and weren't referencing the previous post, which I guess led to some sort of confusion :P

Oh well.

1 hour ago, Guy_guy said:

Well you were quoting me, and weren't referencing the previous post, which I guess led to some sort of confusion :P

Oh well.

Post a pic and rate mine so this mini convo can b over lol

5 minutes ago, bobdabiulder said:

Post a pic and rate mine so this mini convo can b over lol

Alright alright ^^"

7/10 nicely executed and the subject is rather interesting, but the background is too busy and kills the symetry.

Also nice pants.

IMG_1108-1.jpg

2 hours ago, bobdabiulder said:

It was actually more challenging then you think, this shot was made with a 200mm lens at f/11 and a full set of macro rings(36mm, 20mm and 12mm) leaving only a very small section in focus, requiring the model to sit still perfectly. the shutter time was at 1/10th of a second which combined with the time to get the focus and how the smallest movement of the eye or model as actually quite along time and hard to get right. After shooting a couple of hours with my GF we got only 3 shots that where sharp enough. I admit that it looks simple, but in reality it's harder then it looks.

8/10, Love the black and white look.

This was shot with a lot of light pollution.

_DSC7053.jpg

6/10, needs a bit of dehaze in Lightroom to bring the stars out more. Alternatively could go black and white and boost contrast.

Jessops Wildlife Experience-9.jpg

I love the last two pictures.  The dear are in great detail, and the sky looks amazing.  Looks like you caught a satellite flare, Quix!

3 hours ago, bobdabiulder said:

I love the last two pictures.  The dear are in great detail, and the sky looks amazing.  Looks like you caught a satellite flare, Quix!

No photo to answer with? :P 

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Shot by my Galaxy S6, looks a lot better in full res, this was taken off my Google Photos backup.

20160513_172005.jpg

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

14 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Shot by my Galaxy S6, looks a lot better in full res, this was taken off my Google Photos backup.

I guess it's a nice shot considering it's taken with a smartphone, but as a photograph it is very uninteresting. 3/10

Shot at a local car event, not a whole lot of special stuff, it was like 90% VW (yurop!) some civic and miatas, and maybe a handful of cars I'd consider special (that's for the next one). But this guy had a turbo NA that kinda kicked ass, just the right amount of everything.

IMG_1803-2.jpg

On 7/5/2016 at 5:23 PM, Guy_guy said:

I guess it's a nice shot considering it's taken with a smartphone, but as a photograph it is very uninteresting. 3/10

Shot at a local car event, not a whole lot of special stuff, it was like 90% VW (yurop!) some civic and miatas, and maybe a handful of cars I'd consider special (that's for the next one). But this guy had a turbo NA that kinda kicked ass, just the right amount of everything.

IMG_1803-2.jpg

Okay shot. I just feel like that to make the picture more interesting the subject should be more separated from everything else. Now it feels a little too clustered. Maybe different angle would have helped, but I know it's easy to say when you have to take the photo from afar. Larger aperture, slower shutter or a tighter crop might have helped.

Recently I've tried taking pictures of clouds... Here's one shot of thunderclouds in 4K format:

DSC06091-4k.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

18 minutes ago, Tam3n said:

Okay shot. I just feel like that to make the picture more interesting the subject should be more separated from everything else. Now it feels a little too clustered. Maybe different angle would have helped, but I know it's easy to say when you have to take the photo from afar. Larger aperture, slower shutter or a tighter crop might have helped.

Yeah I know, I'm going through a "sharper" phase right now, and find it difficult to open more. At first I was like "BOKEH" (read with Kai's accent), and now it's the complete opposite, I need to find a good balance.

I'm usually not into clouds pictures, because, well, they're clouds. But this one is rather nice, and has a lot of depth. 7/10

Here's another one, bit of a rarity to see a R33 around my place, even more if it's a Nismo, but this one isn't, some details about the body style don't match. Still, one hell of a car.

IMG_2087-8.jpg

21 minutes ago, Guy_guy said:

Yeah I know, I'm going through a "sharper" phase right now, and find it difficult to open more. At first I was like "BOKEH" (read with Kai's accent), and now it's the complete opposite, I need to find a good balance.

I'm usually not into clouds pictures, because, well, they're clouds. But this one is rather nice, and has a lot of depth. 7/10

Here's another one, bit of a rarity to see a R33 around my place, even more if it's a Nismo, but this one isn't, some details about the body style don't match. Still, one hell of a car.

IMG_2087-8.jpg

7.5/10 its nice although i would have tried to zoom in a bit more since it is the subject of the picture the other cars a bit distracting. staying with the car theme photo of the new spyker, used a cannon t4i (cant remember the lens)

LM9aw9q.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

7/10 bonus point for being a Spyker added though. I feel it is a bit dark, and a pretty standard angle. 

One of the neighborhood kitty cats. T5 w/50mm.

IMG_1967.JPG

17 hours ago, killertek78 said:

7/10 bonus point for being a Spyker added though. I feel it is a bit dark, and a pretty standard angle. 

One of the neighborhood kitty cats. T5 w/50mm.

IMG_1967.JPG

9/10 - I LOVE the bokeh in the background. I just wish there was something special such as a specific part of the cat in focus to draw the eye to something specific.

My photo was shot on Canon 85mm f1.8 on Canon 70D with 4 flashes and 1 reflector. I shot this image in pitch black on a paid gig for a fitness clothing company. I edited in Lightroom and Photoshop to take a light stand out the background.

IMG_4242_1.jpg

21 hours ago, mama_fluxus said:

My photo was shot on Canon 85mm f1.8 on Canon 70D with 4 flashes and 1 reflector. I shot this image in pitch black on a paid gig for a fitness clothing company. I edited in Lightroom and Photoshop to take a light stand out the background.

It's a really good shot overall, and I'm sure you have a happy client,  9.5/10. Just two things I didn't like : the highlight on the left of her head and chest is a bit much, it grabbed my attention at first.

Spoiler

(well it's not quite true, dem buns got my attention first ʘ‿ʘ, but let's not digress...)

The other thing is her face, her skin is too shiny imo, it either needed some make-up, or a bit of work in post to soften it.

But still, amazing work, it's quite rare to see a pro shot here, so I can only say congrats really. Was the model "provided" by your client, or did you hire her independently ?

IMG_1117-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Guy_guy said:

It's a really good shot overall, and I'm sure you have a happy client,  9.5/10. Just two things I didn't like : the highlight on the left of her head and chest is a bit much, it grabbed my attention at first.

Reveal hidden contents

(well it's not quite true, dem buns got my attention first ʘ‿ʘ, but let's not digress...)

The other thing is her face, her skin is too shiny imo, it either needed some make-up, or a bit of work in post to soften it.

But still, amazing work, it's quite rare to see a pro shot here, so I can only say congrats really. Was the model "provided" by your client, or did you hire her independently ?

Thanks! I agree with your critiques but it was like 95% humidity so there wasn't a lot to do about the shiny skin. Also, no she wasn't provided she is one of my friends and she wanted to do it for free but i gave her like $20 for it.

BTW, i love your photo. I'm still not sure what it is but I like it! 10/10