Rate the Photo Above you

8/10 great photo all through out, but that focus point sure is tiny :P

I just was scrolling through my gallery and found this

11fff74ab2.jpg

The flower looks like it's painted a lot for some reason, don't know, just my eyes. I honestly don't even remember where I took it at, but it was probably The Lowery Park Zoo. Again, like always, taken with my phone (LG G4)

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

10 hours ago, Zambonie said:

The flower looks like it's painted a lot for some reason, don't know, just my eyes. I honestly don't even remember where I took it at, but it was probably The Lowery Park Zoo. Again, like always, taken with my phone (LG G4)

Yes the red channel is probably already clipping

I'd say 5/10 the blommes could be off center and the background could be more appealing.  

The heatshield of an old Russian espionage satellite. 

IMG_5886.jpg

On 8/20/2016 at 1:52 PM, .spider. said:

Yes the red channel is probably already clipping

I'd say 5/10 the blommes could be off center and the background could be more appealing.  

The heatshield of an old Russian espionage satellite.

I like the grey/gold contrast of the motive along with the great detail. The shield looks like a 3D map with all the missing pieces of the cracking surface. 8/10, not too much that could be done differently :) 

I've been up early today to get some pictures with fog. I saw this deer on a meadow looking for juicy grass.

DSC_0496.jpg

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

On 8/27/2016 at 7:58 AM, SQZY98 said:

I like the grey/gold contrast of the motive along with the great detail. The shield looks like a 3D map with all the missing pieces of the cracking surface. 8/10, not too much that could be done differently :) 

I've been up early today to get some pictures with fog. I saw this deer on a meadow looking for juicy grass.

DSC_0496.jpg

I like the picture, 8/10.  I would've cut out the bit to the left and upped the contrast personally.

I've had a bit of "photographer's block" lately, if that's a thing, but I went out to catch the very ends of a cloudy sunset last night.  It's not much but I liked this picture.

20160827-DSC_0006.jpg

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

On 8/28/2016 at 6:38 PM, Aruxx said:

I like the picture, 8/10.  I would've cut out the bit to the left and upped the contrast personally.

I've had a bit of "photographer's block" lately, if that's a thing, but I went out to catch the very ends of a cloudy sunset last night.  It's not much but I liked this picture.

6.5 out of 10. I like it but at the same time i find it a bit lacking in a specific subject. But i am not a big fan of landscape photos.

kDaMRUb.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

On 8/29/2016 at 6:19 PM, Maybach123 said:

*snip*

I like the look of the car but I think it would look cool without background buildings and people around it. 7/10

DSC_3429.jpg

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
added number

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

@Ryan_Vickers you forgot the rating out of ten for the photo :P . also i debated cropping it, but i felt it would make the photo look a bit to wide.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

7 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

@Ryan_Vickers you forgot the rating out of ten for the photo :P . also i debated cropping it, but i felt it would make the photo look a bit to wide.

I read the rules in the OP and it said we don't need a number :P  Besides, I don't care for them.

I don't think cropping would really help - you would need to take the car to a completely new location, so I can't really fault you for that too much :D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 9/2/2016 at 0:08 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I like the look of the car but I think it would look cool without background buildings and people around it. 7/10

-snip-

8/10 I really like the picture, the things I would do differently is I would darken the highlights a little bit and I would also tighten in on the center point to get rid of the people to the right.

20160903-DSC_0048.jpg

Nikon D3200 w/ Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 @ 50mm f/2.8 1/30s  ISO400

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

5 hours ago, Aruxx said:

-snip-

Great photo, maybe that 1st lock should have been in focus, thats personal though. 9.5/10

P3060343.JPG

taken with Olympus SZ-16, not the best quality!

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

9 hours ago, adams said:

*snip*

I really like this one, but I feel like perhaps the framing could be better.  And I find that water in the back oddly distracting but that's probably just me :P 

8.5/10

DSC_4256.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I really like this one, but I feel like perhaps the framing could be better.  And I find that water in the back oddly distracting but that's probably just me :P 

8.5/10

9.5/10

Great shot!  The focus is absolutely spot on it looks like.

20160903-DSC_0008.jpg

Probably my favorite picture with my Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 so far.

50mm f/2.8 1/15s  ISO200

55 minutes ago, Aruxx said:

9.5/10

Great shot!  The focus is absolutely spot on it looks like.

I really like the picture itself, but I am not the fan of lockpick pictures. Still 9/10

Shot my picture with Nikon D3200 + Kit Lens.

DSC_0008.jpg

1 hour ago, Emzijs said:

I really like the picture itself, but I am not the fan of lockpick pictures. Still 9/10

I like it. I just feel like it should be a little more focused on the car and trail of smoke. the fence is a bit distracting 8.5/10

Uqg6RSm.jpg

Love how the car is interacting with the light.
Taken a few months ago, Cell phone cameras are getting amazing.

eFfrh48.jpg

2 hours ago, AnUglyHyena said:

-snip-

Great picture, loving that sky!!! That paddock, I think, is a bit boring though. 9/10

P3060357.JPG

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

On 4 September 2016 at 9:22 PM, Emzijs said:

DSC_0008.jpg

Just wanted to say that if you really enjoy taking photos of motorsports, you should consider investing in some nice telephoto glass.

Oh and here's something you might find interesting

http://petapixel.com/2016/09/03/race-car-goes-flipping-camera-stand-terrifying-crash/

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

q9t57MI_3TKd_p2fsPwLHamFvHW_eURwE6scdHv7

hehe....Fly On Camera ..:P clicked it during our recent ride . 

Canon 1100D + 18-55 lens 

Can't see nothing on the imagen above, sorry!

Here's mine from El Chaltén, Argentina.

DSC_9071.jpg

On May 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM, ShaneDale said:

Love the way its set up. Branch comes in at an angle with nice rule of thirds. Very nice on the contrast of the colors! May I ask what camera and lens you used?

I really enjoy space so here in a long exposure I did.

IMG_1251_2.jpg

IMG_1251_2.jpg

The tree bugs me! It's a distraction.

The key to a great night time shot is a interesting foreground. Check out this article from 

Disregard the previous comment. I pushed post before I was finished.

The photo needs something in the foreground. I don't like the branch it's distracting. Overall technically you are almost there. 

Keep creating and have fun!!

Check out this video, it breaks down how to create sky photography.

https://youtu.be/_kC1nKlIPU0

On 6.9.2016 at 5:54 PM, Chabux said:

Can't see nothing on the imagen above, sorry!

Here's mine from El Chaltén, Argentina.

DSC_9071.jpg

7/10 

Great scene but some editing could really boost the mood of the pic.

tumblr_o612ksU3t51uf6g8eo1_1280.jpg

On 6.9.2016. at 1:04 PM, ALwin said:

Just wanted to say that if you really enjoy taking photos of motorsports, you should consider investing in some nice telephoto glass.

Thanks. That's what I am planning to do. Not sure how it goes since I have only acces from crowdstand and service park. I will try to apply for media acreditation.

7 hours ago, Emzijs said:

Thanks. That's what I am planning to do. Not sure how it goes since I have only acces from crowdstand and service park. I will try to apply for media acreditation.

well, you can get closer, or get a bigger lens :P  Whichever is cheaper (which is almost certainly getting closer if you can)

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well, you can get closer, or get a bigger lens :P  Whichever is cheaper (which is almost certainly getting closer if you can)

With an 18-55 kit lens at a high speed motorrace track.... I doubt even pro togs would take such a risk.

A 200-300 mm focal range lens would do nicely from the safe areas.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer