If you pirate a film, it's the ISP's fault, not yours

LifesCompanion

I suppose if a robber uses a bus to escape, it's the bus company's fault.

Yep it is actually. If the bus driver lets the robber onto the bus. Unless the robber forces the bus driver in anyway.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Weapons in general are a different issue.

There's intent in the making and design (design) of a weapon.

A crowbar has legitimate uses, a gun, as much fun as it can be to shoot at targets (I know it is), ultimately is made to shoot living things (indeed why would you shoot something else).

If I can avoid killing another living sentient being I'll do it. (including what you would call meat)

Anyone could use a crowbar as an effective killing machine just as much as a gun. I find it far more terrifying than a gun since crowbars are literally accessible to everyone.

You know you can own a gun and avoid killing another sentient being, right? Unless, of course, you wouldn't even shoot a guy mugging you or attempting to kill you then I suppose you shouldn't own a gun in the first place...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Unless the robber forces the bus driver in anyway.

Which is usually the case in that kind of situation

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Yep it is actually. If the bus driver lets the robber onto the bus. Unless the robber forces the bus driver in anyway.

Maybe if he's an accomplice.

I find it hard to imagine a robber announcing he's a robber and the driver letting him aboard willingly.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

IT WAS GOD

he put us here!

Seems a perfectly legit argument

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Anyone could use a crowbar as an effective killing machine just as much as a gun. I find it far more terrifying than a gun since crowbars are literally accessible to everyone.

You know you can own a gun and avoid killing another sentient being, right? Unless, of course, you wouldn't even shoot a guy mugging you or attempting to kill you then I suppose you shouldn't own a gun in the first place...

I know I can avoid killing with it.

I'm discussing the intent, the design, not the actual use of it.

No I wouldn't kill the person killing me, killing my mother, or my girlfriend.

It is just vendetta.

I shot at practice targets, it was fun, but I also tried bow and arrow and found it even more fun.

I practiced fencing several years, I wouldn't use my sword against someone with the intent to harm said someone.

I endorse legal ownership of guns (and weapons in general, I still have my sword from when I fenced). But I would strongly encourage more learning around them.

Switzerland is a very good example of what the US could be. Everyone there has a gun (there's more weapons than people) but there is absolutely no violence done with them.

It proves the problem is not the guns, it's the will behind the gun and the idea of gun.

I can see where he is coming from in a certain way.

I think he means that if the car is the solely responsible for the killing/damages, then the car's manufacturer is at fault. For example, you're driving down a hill and your breaks go out, you can't stop and you run over someone before crashing. The driver SHOULD NOT be at fault for that, the car manufacturer should be.

Now, with the whole "ISP is at fault" thing, I can see that if he means in the context that ISP's should be shutting down pirates web access and blocking torrenting websites ASAP, because they are allowing people to commit such things, but that's pretty far fetched.

I know I can avoid killing with it.

I'm discussing the intent, the design, not the actual use of it.

No I wouldn't kill the person killing me, killing my mother, or my girlfriend.

It is just vendetta.

I shot at practice targets, it was fun, but I also tried bow and arrow and found it even more fun.

I practiced fencing several years, I wouldn't use my sword against someone with the intent to harm said someone.

I endorse legal ownership of guns (and weapons in general, I still have my sword from when I fenced). But I would strongly encourage more learning around them.

Switzerland is a very good example of what the US could be. Everyone there has a gun (there's more weapons than people) but there is absolutely no violence done with them.

It proves the problem is not the guns, it's the will behind the gun and the idea of gun.

Honestly, you would try to save your own life or someone you love if it meant killing the other person? What do you think of people who do use guns in self defense, if I may ask?

Oh I wasn't trying to imply you thought that way, I was just saying anything can be used as a weapon to take another life. Just me rambling, I suppose. :P

America isn't perfect so I definitely advocate well thought out change but I will admit I don't know much about violence and the like in Switzerland.

I think they have a good point. Though the car analogy they used doesnt work at all.

Imagine if you and another person are driving in a car. You are sat in the passenger seat, and the other person is driving the car. The driver of the car takes instructions from you, and follows them without question, and does only what you tell them to do. What if the car hit and killed someone. Who would be at fault?

Somebody is at fault when it comes to downloading copyrighted material illegaly, and its up to the courts to decide who is at fault.

Are you insinuating that ISP specifically give instructions to download pirated material? 

Now, with the whole "ISP is at fault" thing, I can see that if he means in the context that ISP's should be shutting down pirates web access and blocking torrenting websites ASAP, because they are allowing people to commit such things, but that's pretty far fetched.

I think all he is trying to say is that the ISP is technically an accessory to the crime because they are providing the means, they log all connections so (unless you use a VPN) they know if you have visited TPB and what connections were made after that.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6934bd42213c61d9f8508b327d9993b0-480x349

|| Case: Corsairt 600T || Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 || CPU: AMD FX8350 || CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 || SSD: Samsung 250GB 840 Pro/OCZ 120GB Vertex 2 || Graphics: Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X || RAM: 8GB DDR3 || PSU: Cooler Master 850W 80 Plus ||

"What the... You're not made of Tuesday!"  ―Roberto

Are you insinuating that ISP specifically give instructions to download pirated material? 

I think all he is trying to say is that the ISP is technically an accessory to the crime because they are providing the means, they log all connections so (unless you use a VPN) they know if you have visited TPB and what connections were made after that.

No. The other way around.

The ISP is acting like they cant control what their customers do. They can argue that it isnt their job to police what their users do, and the people suing for copyright infringements can argue that it is. It is up to the courts to decide either way.

I think if the ISP was made liable for copyright infringements then there would be a huge reduction in it.

I can see where he is coming from in a certain way.

I think he means that if the car is the solely responsible for the killing/damages, then the car's manufacturer is at fault. For example, you're driving down a hill and your breaks go out, you can't stop and you run over someone before crashing. The driver SHOULD NOT be at fault for that, the car manufacturer should be.

That analogy doesn't work either. Brakes wear out naturally. They don't last forever and they need to be replaced. It is the responsibility of the driver to make sure the breaks on their car are in good working order.

Honestly, you would try to save your own life or someone you love if it meant killing the other person? What do you think of people who do use guns in self defense, if I may ask?

Oh I wasn't trying to imply you thought that way, I was just saying anything can be used as a weapon to take another life. Just me rambling, I suppose. :P

America isn't perfect so I definitely advocate well thought out change but I will admit I don't know much about violence and the like in Switzerland.

Well it's a quite simple situation : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

And more precisely this paragraph :

Government statistics for the year 2010[19] records 40 homicides involving firearms, out of the 53 cases of homicide in 2010.

The annual rate of homicide by any means per 100,000 population was 0.70, which is one of the lowest in the world.[20] The annual rate of homicide by guns per 100,000 population was 0.52.[21]

For easy comparison, on the right side of the article there are the links to the same page concerning various states.

The rate of firearm deaths in the United States (14.24 per 100,000)

And for the record, I'll say it again, there are more private owned guns than people in Switzerland.

Some people are so stupid...

It's not even worth discussing anymore.

Heck,even the example with the car they made is wrong...

If the car has faulty parts, and the company knows it has faulty parts but didn't fix it, and those said cars end up failing and killing people, that's understandable imo

Similar to a drug that is released that doesn't say all of the side effects, and people get diseases, illnesses from it, or die, etc.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I guess he blames all the gun massacres on the gun makers.

I guess he blames any road related deaths on the automotive manufacturers.

I suppose anyone who drowns, it's waters fault.

I guess people who die of sun cancer, must be the suns fault. 

I guess he exists, must be his mums fault (oh wait haha).

Or you could just go right to the source of all bad things ever: VIDEO GAMES

DROGON: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz /// MSI Z97 Gaming 5 /// Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB @ 1600MHz /// EVGA GTX 780 Classified /// Phanteks Enthoo Pro /// Crucial MX100 512GB SSD /// Corsair AX760i /// Corsair H105 /// Corsair Vengeance K70 /// Corsair M45 /// Dell Ultrasharp U2414H /// Build log: completed

If the car has faulty parts, and the company knows it has faulty parts but didn't fix it, and those said cars end up failing and killing people, that's understandable imo

Similar to a drug that is released that doesn't say all of the side effects, and people get diseases, illnesses from it, or die, etc.

Oh,then that is fine.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

So if i copy something without paying thats never gonna be avaible to buy in my country its still stealing? /logic

I reserve my right to entertainment free or not because i say so,i dont live long enough to wait for corporations to make proper business,ill help myself with some internet and torrents k ?

Plus why people sitll pirate movies? the quality of cam records is stupid i havent touched a movie in years they suck both content cheap hollywood stuff and crap quality...years ago might have been a legit complain about pirates,right now its silly they dont offer any 1080p of their shows/movies in the FullHD era yet they complain people pirate 240p camcorder movies,couldnt care less.

And before blaming ISP all corporations and idiots need to learn how internet works,it provides access to a world wide web of computers,we can share files and iformation freely,unless its communist china or NK,in which case is not internet anymore.

Also not to mention you can take this example,kind of extreme but its legit: i buy dvd movie or rent(suppose they exist) i rip it off with software,then i make my own sharing program without use of torrent, i encrypt the content and share it with my friends and they do the same when they buy a movie.Well well isnt that the same as if we gather and watch it togheter while paying once?still bad for business but their fault they dont expand business and have different price for each country,how can you think you can sell me a BD movie of less than 2hours that i only watch once anyway for 20-30$ in a country where the minimum income is 200$? just because you do it in 'merica doesnt mean thats how it should be everywhere.Adapt or shut the hell up and enjoy pirate era.Id be glad to pay for each new movie online stream 2$ full HD at least subbed,that i can watch once.

post-18625-0-58044300-1403785283.jpg

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

So does that mean if I go to the sunday market and by a pirate copy on disc, it is the fault of the market organiser, the company that made the disc, the man who copied it, the company that wrote the copy software, the council whos street allowed me to get to the market or my boss for giving me enough money in my pay packet to make the purchase?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

How does no one understand the example he's basicly saying that the ISPs are providing you an service that you access even though its illegal and because the aren't stopping you from using it they are responsible.

Sort like entrapment.

Better example would be like laying out drugs on a table in a locked room and you give the key to a junkie at rehab, you put him in that room so he can do whatever he wants but you didn't do anything to stop using the drugs expect send a letter telling him he could get in trouble.

And the original argument was lost in all the analogies.  :blink: 

How does no one understand the example he's basicly saying that the ISPs are providing you an service that you access even though its illegal and because the aren't stopping you from using it they are responsible.

Sort like entrapment.

Better example would be like laying out drugs on a table in a locked room and you give the key to a junkie at rehab, you put him in that room so he can do whatever he wants but you didn't do anything to stop using the drugs expect send a letter telling him he could get in trouble.

No, it would be like blaming the city for putting said addict patient in a city where drugs exists. The city after all provides roads and walkways that give you access to citizens who sell drugs, they're responsible for drug addiction because they created roads...

-------

Current Rig

-------

No, it would be like blaming the city for putting said addict patient in a city where drugs exists. The city after all provides roads and walkways that give you access to citizens who sell drugs, they're responsible for drug addiction because they created roads...

And now I'm wondering, who created the "road" ?

I mean, at the beginning, we were just walking, and some point a path became a road, but how in the history did it happen ? It must have happened in many places around the same time I guess...