If you pirate a film, it's the ISP's fault, not yours

LifesCompanion

"Fighting over who owns an intangible object makes as much sense as devoting the efforts of an entire civilization to collecting and spending an object whose value is in and of itself, wholly intangible"-Me, just, just now

what?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh.. is it time for the Wimbledon again? :lol:  *grabs popcorn*

Details separate people.

@mr moose, it was a joke about fiat currency.

how can we expect sanity and intelligence in a debate about an irrational and illogical concept?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Time to go pirate a bunch of movies and see if Comcast gets in trouble.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The Insanity is real, Soooooooooooooo real.

@mr moose, it was a joke about fiat currency.

how can we expect sanity and intelligence in a debate about an irrational and illogical concept?

By being rational and logical,  if you think currency is irrational/illogical you may have missed the point to it's existence. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And the original argument was lost in all the analogies.  :blink:

I know right? 

I can understand the point he's trying to make... only because I read past his retarded analogies. 

While the ISP's should try to stop people from pirating (says the guy who pirates all he wants hue) it doesn't mean that they should have control over the internet - if I'm not mistaken, there's some movement to try and make the internet a public faculty like water, gas, and electricity to stop the bat shit cray ISP's (looking at you Comcast) and all these copyright Nazi's 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

By this guys logic, its obamas fault I still live with my parents

Some people are so stupid...

It's not even worth discussing anymore.

Heck,even the example with the car they made is wrong...

I kind of understand what they said about the car I just think they worded it wrong. Lets take the Recent Recall on the Chevy HHR the ignition would randomly cut off while the car was driving thus locking up the steering system which caused many deaths. that is the manufactures fault for not doing proper testing before releasing the vehicle now what he said about Pirating is BS but here's what I have to say about that. Is it illegal if you buy a CD and burn a copy for your friend or let him copy it from your computer to their phone? No, simply because you are not making any money off of it so if you aren't making any money off of it shouldn't you be able to give movies to friends. or if you aren't giving money for the movie shouldn't you be able to down load it from the internet? I think so but at the same time the Producers do have to make money so it's kind of a hard subject to touch on

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

Well, online gambling is illegal in certain areas in the U.S., but it isn't the gamblers that get in trouble, it's the websites that get shut down.

One of my friend who is in law told me that there is a law in the U.S. that protects people in their own homes/property. Gambling online is done inside their homes, which is why it's hard to prosecute.

I guess that can somehow correlate with pirating? Something like "I'm using a product in my house it's not stealing. The ISP is the ones that are bringing it into my property." Or something like that?

I'm not in law so I wouldn't know.

Well, online gambling is illegal in certain areas in the U.S., but it isn't the gamblers that get in trouble, it's the websites that get shut down.

One of my friend who is in law told me that there is a law in the U.S. that protects people in their own homes/property. Gambling online is done inside their homes, which is why it's hard to prosecute.

I guess that can somehow correlate with pirating? Something like "I'm using a product in my house it's not stealing. The ISP is the ones that are bringing it into my property." Or something like that?

I'm not in law so I wouldn't know.

Some of the people in this thread aren't smart enough to move past a bad analogy and concentrate on the issue at hand, then you go and throw us this curve ball.  How are they going to rationally consider the merits of this?

Money is an irrational concept, its something of no true inherent value to your daily survival. Its value comes only from the belief that it has value.

money makes the world go round. Taking that into account, how can we expect anyone in charge to be sane?

Money is an irrational concept, its something of no true inherent value to your daily survival. Its value comes only from the belief that it has value.

money makes the world go round. Taking that into account, how can we expect anyone in charge to be sane?

So don't use it and see how wonderful your life is. Most people who don't use currency eat from garbage bins and sleep in doorways, but even then if it wasn't for currency there would be no bin or doorway.   Money is the evolution of the barter system, a system that is intrinsic to survival,  to claim no inherent value in a system that allows us to eat without owning land is ludicrous.

Or you could just go right to the source of all bad things ever: VIDEO GAMES

I know you aren't serious but it got me wondering how anyone could think video games could cause violence etc etc. Violent people cause violence. :rolleyes:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I know you aren't serious but it got me wondering how anyone could think video games could cause violence etc etc. Violent people cause violence. :rolleyes:

maybe they bring the violence out of people, by providing a simulated environment where they can practice their violence and get a taste for it before they go onto the streets and just randomly start jacking cars and beating up old ladies. :o :unsure: :ph34r:

maybe they bring the violence out of people, by providing a simulated environment where they can practice their violence and get a taste for it before they go onto the streets and just randomly start jacking cars and beating up old ladies. :o :unsure: :ph34r:

If that's the case, then a lot of things are guilty of causing people to turn ballistic and violent. :o

I can safely say I have never wanted to run people over for their cash after I played GTA:SA at fifteen.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Resolution is just a number, 30 FPS is cinematic, if someone pirates something such as a radio it's the ISP's fault, having multiple monitors makes you a crazy person or hacker, and knowing quite a bit about computers makes people believe you use it for bad. Welcome to society today. Why? Just why?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

If that's the case, then a lot of things are guilty of causing people to turn ballistic and violent. :o

I can safely say I have never wanted to run people over for their cash after I played GTA:SA at fifteen.

The desire to run people over gets stronger as you age, Have you noticed that all the worlds nastiest dictators are old. (with the exception of NK, but he is the poster boy, I don't think he is actually in charge) :blink:

The desire to run people over gets stronger as you age, Have you noticed that all the worlds nastiest dictators are old. (with the exception of NK, but he is the poster boy, I don't think he is actually in charge) :blink:

Oh, that makes much more sense. Too bad I'm not in Never Land. I don't want to grow into a killer. What'd you do to me Mario? What'd you do to me? I should have known with those fire balls. :(

Oh, that makes much more sense. Too bad I'm not in Never Land. I don't want to grow into a killer. What'd you do to me Mario? What'd you do to me? I should have known with those fire balls. :(

It's funny coz just the other day I had this irresistible urge to go go-carting and throw turtles at people.   Lucky for the people in my area I don't have a go cart (or turtles).

It's funny coz just the other day I had this irresistible urge to go go-carting and throw turtles at people.   Lucky for the people in my area I don't have a go cart (or turtles).

:lol:

Too bad giant turtles don't just roam around attacking people. Would make for some great ammunition for your Dexter urges.

Youse 'a betta start now or else Luigi's gonna have to make you sleep with the Cheep Cheeps 'n he don't like doin' doity work on meatballs like you.

mk8___luigi_death_stare_by_zerocakes-d7k

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Because.....

If I go buy a hammer, from my hardware store, and bludgeon lots of people and steal their shit..

Their liable for it, not me... SWEET!!!

/Logix

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz