Compare your PC to a car

I saw a R34 in real life before, in the US.

I was at a star bucks drive through and the guy behind us was in a Skyline R34 and im like No freaking way that's a real R34 so I flagged the guy down and asked him if I could look at it and the guy was chill he was like yeah yeah I get this all the time, no problem. I asked how he got it in the US and he said him in his buddy's were in Japan and what they did was bought one over their teared it down and shipped it over, and then re-assembled it in the US. He said when he bought it he bought it for 3400USD (whatever that would be in YEN) and it turns out they scrap cars over their at 40,000 miles, unbelievable right.

really??? even though those things can last forever and a day?!?!?! why would they do that?

My main rig would resemble a 2009 SSC Ultimate Aero.

ssc-ultimate-aero-red_zps9fabd0d1.jpg

or very close to a 2011 Koenigsegg Agera R

Koenigsegg-Agera_R_zps4a8ec184.jpg

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

If you had to compare your PC to a car, what would it be and why?

Tesla model S. Why? Because both are electric...Hue.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

my one looks like a panda AE86 trueno with purple UV lights and custom watercooling system inside a prodigy

post-29882-0-68641900-1403573062.jpg

lives on

BAKABT

Probably this because its fast and looks nice, but lacks the nice finishing touches. 

post-29658-0-15434500-1403575525_thumb.j

i7 4770k (stock cooler)

R9 270X

Fractal Design Define R4

Sabertooth Z87

OCZ Agility 4 64GB

Apevia 750W PSU

It was a hypercar in its time

I used to be into cars, but that was a long while ago, so my knowledge is spotty at best. Hopefully the snippet I provided will be an adequate descriptor if the image isn't.

this

You have a good taste in cars.

im really not sure what job to get tbh im good at i.t, maths and science mostly but all we do in i.t is powerpoint work AND!! MY SCHOOL HAS LTT BLOCKED :angry:  :angry:

They haven't blocked LTT, they have a system that blocks websites based on what kind of site they are. I can't even go onto Valve Software's website because their system classifies it as something to do with video games.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

A classic Mini Cooper. It's small and doesn't looks look bad at all.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Right now it's a Nissan Leaf but soon it will be a Nissan GT-R.

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

I want it to be a Mclaren GTR Longtail.... but right now it is like a Iroc-Z28 Camaro because it always has its hood open

My pc is like a nissan gt-r, looks unimpressive but packs a lot of punch :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A Finnish Jokkis (Jokki? idk if the s is plural in this case) car. It looks like shit, but wow it performs.

Like a ford mondeo estate with a big ass engine. not much badge but its fast enough for most things and reliable 
I said estate because elysium case is a beast 

CPU: AMD Fx-8370 @ 4.8 Ghz MoBo: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z GPU: Msi Gtx 770 'gaming' RAM 16GB kingston hyperX fury  PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: Corsair H55 Case: Corsair 760T
I want the most powerful PC in the world.... and ill still just play Dota on it 

A go cart. They can be loud, a little slow, but they do what they were intended for.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The case is Fractal, so I'd say it has to a Scandinavian car, what about a Volvo? And a fairly new one, since this build is ~1.4y old.

My build is mATX, so a two door car (you can fit two GPUs) is appropriate. It also isn't the tiniest. Since I actually only know the Volvo XC90, I can safely say that the XC90 is a bad comparison.

1978 Ford Fairmont. Was good. Now it's easily replaced.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

You have a good taste in cars.

They haven't blocked LTT, they have a system that blocks websites based on what kind of site they are. I can't even go onto Valve Software's website because their system classifies it as something to do with video games.

yes i know its soooo anoying! if your school uses ie on the search url on a search result there is a drop down box, go on cached page and sometimes it works

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Probobly a VW Polo from 2002 (Polo IV Type 9N). It looks fairly good from the outside and performs well without any problems so far because the components are all really good, but it isn't the best car/Pc of them all. It simply get's the jopb done without any major problems or workarounds ^^

Miata

Quick, small, and upgradeable. Isn't very powerful(No GPU). But i f I drop in a nice GPU, it would be beastly.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ