What would you guys want to become standard on PC hardware?

theroflcopta

Yeah just one single plug. Similar looking to a USB 3 connector but for your front IO

This must happen!! Never have I wanted anything more than this.

• Magnetic dust filters.
Black PCBs.Right angled connectors on mobos.Affordable 4K monitor that is <25', <5ms with a decent stand and button layout. Wireless everything (at least for peripherals), cables fkin suck.Possibility for vertical GPU orientation.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Black pcb's

And built in WiFi on every board.

Better stock coolers.

Multi-Colour components, like RAM there is set colours and you just buy the colour you want. You want a purple motherboard pcb with white heatsinks sure here you are, you want a orange GPU pcb sure. Why has no one implemented this even if it was just heatsinks this needs to happen because I am sick of having to pay extra for a good looking motherboard with the colours I want.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

A way to combine power and video signal in one cable for monitors.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I agree with JJ from Asus when he was doing a video with TekSyndicate for Z97. He proposed a modular rear I/O. How great would that be to get rid of...let's say VGA or DVI on a motherboard? It's basically phoneblocks for motherboard I/O.

Yes that was a good idea and a good video too.

I want true Black PCBs and not slate grey or dark ash.

Motherboard vendors to stop following ASUS and give more variety,

Once something is sold it MUST work with other stuff.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Buy one get one free GPU's

+1 :D

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

also headphone spliter build into laptops and cases

One million times this! I am so sick of messing around with headset stands I just want one on my case

That would make cases ugly, maybe for the gaming-centric ones, but not on every one, it would ruin aesthetics of stuff like the obsidian series cases from corsair.

Also look at this http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HH-10-Headphone-Holder/dp/B007TIV7IU

I really wish the GPU orientation would be so that the fans are facing upwards instead of down so that hot air can easily go up

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Well I'd say most computer towers have enough room to have the 20+4 pin coming at it from an angle but yeah I could see how that can be an issue. But again I'm meaning this from like premium MOBO perspective. Like 170ish+ in price. Where you are probably investing in a case that has decent cable management.

i agree but as a company you cant say "most computers" because they have to appeal and work with everyone not just custom builders but at home upgraders

having the front ports in one smaller and thinner connector or putting it behind the mobo

two OS's running simultaneously

White PCB options.

That would look pretty weird (Brown copper contacts and white PCB)

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

A good wireless standard so that I can transfer files between my PC and phone, tablet, other PC, TV, refrigerator.. etc. without a wire.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I really wish the GPU orientation would be so that the fans are facing upwards instead of down so that hot air can easily go up

Why? GPU fans blow air into the cooler, therefore this logic is backwards, hot air would rise out from the card, then would get sucked right up into the gpu again.

It would not look weird at all, there are lots of current boards with silver and black contacts.

or even something like this

http://hexus.net/tech/news/mainboard/70837-asus-shows-tundra-white-sabranco-tuf-motherboards/

That's new to me :D

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

two OS's running simultaneously

Already possible with VMware ESXi. If you want it to be like 2 separate desktops with video outputs then use a Xeon cause they have VT-d, and then you can dedicate graphics cards (and other stuff) to the virtual machines. 

Now if you did this with one of those monitors that can display 2 inputs at once... Boom. Splitscreen gaming with a PC.

2600k@4.5GHz ~ H100 ~ Asus P8Z68V-pro gen3 ~ Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 ~ Sapphire VaporX 7950 ~ Gigabyte DCU 5770 ~ Kingston 128GB HyperX ~ WD black 2TBx2 ~ WD red 4TB ~ Hauppauge HVR2200 ~ Asus BR drive ~ RAT7 ~ Unicomp model-M

Asus, MSI or EVGA should invite Linus, Hardware Canucks, Timmy Tech Tips, Jayz2cents and me to make an epic motherboard and call it the ''LinusCanucks2TechTimmywithJay'' Edition

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

What I wanna see:

1. 4k is as affordable as normal 1080p/1440p and we don't have the spend our life savings to have hardware to power it smoothly

2. Gaming laptops best be getting longer batteries in the next few generations of them

3. Lag is never a thing anymore (Ik its unrealistic but still)

4. Prices somehow drop on older generation products in the near future and these products can still be used to run games smoothly :D

5. idk

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Products work as intended out of the box.. So many times I buy a product and it has some stupid design flaw that you don't notice until use. It's just a waste of time and money for both parties..

Pre-installed standoffs.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB