What would you guys want to become standard on PC hardware?

theroflcopta

For me it's right angle 20+4 pin connectors. It just baffles my mind that so many high end mobo still angle it up when they have use right angled sata connectors it just confuzzles me that some 350 dollar mother boards dont have this feature. *cough* Asus *cough*

attachicon.gif24 pin.jpg

i'm also including right angled USB 3, frick it just right angle all the connectors on the right side of the mobo it makes cabeling look SOOOOO much cleaner :I

yes yes yes.

Consumer dual cpu motherboards. And consumer cpus that support parallel operation of course, possibly even between somewhat differend chips like amd allows to do crossfire between similar but not perfectly equal gpus.

This. I want this so bad, especially for enthusiast grade processors (Like the I7-4960x.) The only thing is that you'd probably have to buy twice as much RAM as you normally would, unless both CPUs could access the same RAM, but I don't know how that whole thing would work. It probably wouldn't work that way, considering that Crossfire and SLI require each GPU to have their own VRAM. So the motherboards would need twice as many RAM slots for two CPUs as it would for one CPU. Buying twice as much RAM probably wouldn't be a problem for someone if they wanted to buy TWO I7s and run them in whatever AMD/Intel would want to call their multi CPU mode.

I would chop off my left nipple for two I7-5960xs with the ability to perform in a crossfire/SLI-like fashion. Just for the lols, I would love to do that with 4 Core 2 Duo e8600s or something (But we all know that's never going to happen.)

Speaking of Crossfire and SLI, I would love if I were able to crossfire more than 4 GPUs, and if the scaling was much better.

Yeah I had this idea awhile ago for a motherboard stile GPU where you can cherry pick and chose what you want on the card. Might be more expensive up front but might save you money in the long run. It was the first topic I ever posted and everyone shot it down haha idk i thought it was a good idea xD

I love this idea. It would be awesome to be able to buy VRAM sticks for graphics cards or something, and go completely overkill like people do with system RAM (64+GB). It'll probably help developers and 4k gamers. It would be great for enthusiasts who want something completely overkill.

Also, imagine the possibilities if we had "modular" motherboards with extensions that add sockets for additional CPUs and RAM slots for the RAM required to run the additional CPUs, and combined it with the motherboard-esque Graphics cards idea. We could have a graphics card that we could attach another GPU socket onto, add the GPU, add the appropriate amount of VRAM, and have a graphics card that started off as a single GPU card that we've turned into a dual GPU graphics card. Not to mention the ability to swap one GPU with a better one, like you can do with CPUs. Just imagine the ability to customize a graphics card as if it were its own computer. Then we can have GPU socket names. Graphics boards, my friends! Graphics boards!

I don't overclock... I OGREclock.
Shrek is love. Shrek is life.

This. I want this so bad, especially for enthusiast grade processors (Like the I7-4960x.) The only thing is that you'd probably have to buy twice as much RAM as you normally would, unless both CPUs could access the same RAM

In server grade dual cpu motherboards the memory is shared afaik, so that wouldn't be a problem :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This. I want this so bad, especially for enthusiast grade processors (Like the I7-4960x.) The only thing is that you'd probably have to buy twice as much RAM as you normally would, unless both CPUs could access the same RAM, but I don't know how that whole thing would work. It probably wouldn't work that way, considering that Crossfire and SLI require each GPU to have their own VRAM. So the motherboards would need twice as many RAM slots for two CPUs as it would for one CPU. Buying twice as much RAM probably wouldn't be a problem for someone if they wanted to buy TWO I7s and run them in whatever AMD/Intel would want to call their multi CPU mode.

I would chop off my left nipple for two I7-5960xs with the ability to perform in a crossfire/SLI-like fashion. Just for the lols, I would love to do that with 4 Core 2 Duo e8600s or something (But we all know that's never going to happen.)

Speaking of Crossfire and SLI, I would love if I were able to crossfire more than 4 GPUs, and if the scaling was much better.

I love this idea. It would be awesome to be able to buy VRAM sticks for graphics cards or something, and go completely overkill like people do with system RAM (64+GB). It'll probably help developers and 4k gamers. It would be great for enthusiasts who want something completely overkill.

Also, imagine the possibilities if we had "modular" motherboards with extensions that add sockets for additional CPUs and RAM slots for the RAM required to run the additional CPUs, and combined it with the motherboard-esque Graphics cards idea. We could have a graphics card that we could attach another GPU socket onto, add the GPU, add the appropriate amount of VRAM, and have a graphics card that started off as a single GPU card that we've turned into a dual GPU graphics card. Not to mention the ability to swap one GPU with a better one, like you can do with CPUs. Just imagine the ability to customize a graphics card as if it were its own computer. Then we can have GPU socket names. Graphics boards, my friends! Graphics boards!

Yeah they are called external PCIe enclosures. Like the magma expressbox. And when we get a connector that is fast enough i'm sure we could stick things like RAM or CPUs in there. But in the like far distant future xD

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"