14 day-challenge of living off of paste - LOG

TheMail

So, out of curiosity, I will be attempting to live off of paste for 2 weeks. I'll be eating this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and any other times i might be hungry.

As for liquids, I'll be having water, coffee, and soju.

"Paste", will be comprised of:

•  Fine scottish oats
  •  Pure whey protein powder
  •  Multivitamin powder
  •  Cod liver oil
  •  Extra virgin olive oil
  •  Maltodextrose
  •  Brown sugar

The approximate nutritional value is as follows (assuming 3 meals per day)

Macro

Calories: 2800kCal

Carbs: 400g

Protein: 220g

Fibre: 40g

Cholesterol: 25mg

Vitamins

Vitamin A: 5500IU

Vitamin B6: 1.5mg

Vitamin B12: 2ug

Vitamin C: 70mg

Vitamin D: 500IU
Thiamin: 4mg

Riboflavin: 1.5mg

Niacin: 20mg

Folate: 300mg

Pantothenic acid: 1mg

Biotin: 50mg
Choline: 200mg

I'll be updating this as frequently as possible, so we will see how long until I get sick of this stuff.

As I'm typing this, I'm having my first bowl of this:

pNDfXQ2.jpg

I'm not sure how to describe the taste, although it tastes just as you would expect. Like a super thick paste that has that lingering taste of whey protein.

Texture is pretty gross, it is way too thick, maybe I will add more water next time I make it.

Oh yeah, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Ew.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

this better be for science xD

otherwise, whyN

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Question #1: Why? D:

Because it is stupid cheap. It is less than $2 a day, and why not?

EDIT: Also, it is RIDICULOUSLY healthy, by eating JUST THIS would be an outstanding diet.

How much will you be consuming per day?

And what if a friend offers you something to eat? Will you be ale to stick to your diet, or are you just trying to save money?

Also what exactly is that? I get that it is paste, but if it is a product you buy it must have a proper name.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Because normal Virgin Olive Oil isn't good enough.

Because it is stupid cheap. It is less than $2 a day, and why not?

EDIT: Also, it is RIDICULOUSLY healthy, by eating JUST THIS would be an outstanding diet.

i must try lol

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Looks... interesting.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Im almost tempted to try this myself. 

So that the steak on the other side of the 14 days would taste 1000 times better  :o

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

14 days seems doable, I think you will appreciate good food a lot more by the end of it.

Good luck :)

I can't imagine how that feels coming out.

It will probably be alot better than normal, due to the high conent of fibre it has.

Less calories

Is it filling?

It's stupidly filling, I usually eat a ton, and I could BARELY finish that somewhat small bowl of it.

So you're doing this because? Simply to see if you can? Well it's interesting that's for sure, I wonder the health benefits/negatives associated with such a diet.

There will be alot less negatives compared to traditional diets due to the lack of many fillers, such as gluten, etc..., and the outstanding amount of essential macronutrients and vitamins. These 14 days will help my health alot if anything, but then again its only 14 days, so there won't be much of a change in the long run.

I couldn't do it. This looks much more appetizing. And bad textures are... ugh...

ratskeller_pizza_government_camp.png

Flagged for posting pronz

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Flagged for posting pronz

That's a pizza. I believe this is what you're looking for.

Penaeus_monodon.jpg

When I first saw the word "Paste", I immediately thought of thermal paste. I had to click this.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Actually, water is added to Virgin Olive Oil. Extra Virgin gets you a clean product (assuming the factory does not shit on you)

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I just live on oats and milk. Plus some Chinese food every now and then. Unless I am at work, in which case i just eat work food.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

You should patent this and mass produce to sell for cheap to students.

Golden idea.