What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

I must say that originally I used to be an apple hater, but once you look into the non-general use type cases but more like professionals and creators, for the price of the same build quality that they have now, the quick access to applications, the light OS and the just damn good displays, you can't disagree from a professional outlook that apple wins hands down. For the price to what you get now days from apple is supprisingly good. The price lines between apple and other companies has been blurred. Anything other than those who are professionals or creators, apple just throws them under the bus stealing their money for something that won't benifit them at all. 

Apple's products really suck and their ethos is totally like not cool. They have:

- Opt-In Telemetry

- Based on UNIX, very stable.

- The best and most advanced mobile operating system

- Best Laptop and Mobile design. Simple and minimal. 

- Leading Cloud integration for any application. 

- Syncs across all your devices in a real-time manner

- Runs Minecraft better than Windows (oof)

- An App Store that isn't garbage. 

- An interface that doesn't take 4 cores and 4GB of RAM to look smooth (on mobile devices)

- iTunes on Mac is much, much better than PC.

- FaceTime is more integration, as is calling and texting. 

- Everything is much more convenient. 

- Better memory management. 

I grew up around Apple products and I think that they have some amazing products and have good innovation. The build quality and design Ethos of the company is magnificent, They're OS (both for the phones and the laptops) is super easy to use and just works without much of a hitch. Even thought they are a little pricey, I personally think it is worth it. Furthermore I have had experience with both MacOS and windows and but I must say MacOS is so much prettier and easier to use and there is little to no hassle on the users end. On the other hand, they really limit the ability of external parties to do things on an Apple computer, for example; As Rossman said, Apple policy on repairs to macs is super tight and makes it so that going to the apple store is the more efficient way to go. The Warranty and the BS apple care thing is quite a scam as we always end up paying for something if it breaks anyway. These tactics allow for Apple to rake in the sweet sweet cash money from the consumer's misfortune.

In conclusion, Apple has great innovation which really shape the way Technology develops (smart phones, the absence of optical disk drives and now the move to make everything wireless), but they really need to work on their outward appearance to the public. Although, the PC's community unreasonable hate for Apple is usually jumping on the band wagon instead of their opinions being backed by facts and experience 

ps.

one can of worms I didn't open was the way they handle their workers in the factory but I could talk about that for an hour without reaching a conclusion and I don't really think it adds anything to the thread but I wanted to put it out there.

All right, let's start why I hate this company:

• Their products are expensive and overrated. With their prices they in short say: "You should buy our products with such price because we are much better and than any other company in the world, we are revolutionary company and you can't get anything near like our products" which we all know isn't truth, but people still get deceived.
  • I hate this brand because of their fanbase which more like they act like a cult. To not go far away, I'll give one clear example: Few weeks ago I told my sister that after reading reviews of comparing smartphone cameras seems like Huawei P20 had better photos than Iphone and I think it was great phone. Her answer: "There is only one great phone and it's called Iphone! Nothing is best than Iphone." And I'm pretty sure you all have people like her around you among friends, family, coworkers... They are all like fanatics. They buy Iphone because it's Iphone. It's like a Status. And they don't even change ringtone (oh God how I hate that apple ringtone), so everyone around them knows that they have Iphone. These people make me to hate Apple company even more.
  • I don't like Apple's closed ecosystem by making their products "incompatible" with third party brands.
  • You can't upgrade and customize your Apple computer as your desktop PC & yet you pay twice or tripe more for that.
  • You can't even game normally with your "expensive luxury" Apple, because there ain't much games for their OS.
  • I hated like Steve Jobs.
  • I don't like their products design, mostly with their same boring white color.

Of course they have their pros too, like better security and etc, but by above reasons & their politics I hate that company and will never buy anything from them.

On 27.8.2018 at 6:08 AM, SamBkamp said:

Apple has great innovation which really shape the way Technology develops

No, they're popular to the oblivious customer. What they try to set is not innovation, but a trend. And the trend is not necessarily the best way to go.

Here's why I hate apple; copy/pasting from my comment from another post

Anti-consumer policies: 
1. Basically always releasing their product with an inherent flaw. Anyway here's how the cycle goes, every single time: 
- Apple releases product with inherent flaw
- People complain about said flaw
- Apple denies the existence of said flaw and brushes the complains away
- A class-action law-suit is made against Apple because of said faulty design
- 4 years after, the case settles and Apple accepts to release a warranty (that repairs the faulty design for free, or at a reduced cost)
- That warranty will repair all phone purchases 3 years prior to the case's settlement; So people who bought the product on release don't get a right to get it repaired.
- Since everyone had already forgotten about the design flaw, Apple does not learn.
- Because Apple doesn't learn and people keep buying their crap, they keep releasing their products with the same flaws as 4 years ago.

That's how it happened for the Iphone 4 losing reception "when holding it wrong", Iphone 6 & 7 Bendgate, the faulty butterfly keyboard on the Macbooks and many many many other previous products and for many products to come, I bet.

2. Their absolutely toxic relationship with the AASPs ("Apple Authorized Service Provider") based on the culture of fear. 
- AASPs are shops that are officially affiliated with Apple that sell & service Apple products
- Those AASPs pay horrendous amount of money to get the certifications, to get the "training" and the machinery (e.g Horizon Machine) to service Apple products officially.
- They are extremely restricted in what they can do for you

Example of screen repairs:
If your screen is broken and you want to get it repaired in an AASP, it will take several days for them to replace it. Most people can't do without a phone for several days. By contrast, a 3rd party repair-shop like the Rossman Group or iDoctor (in my region) will replace your screen in 30mins to 2hours.
- Why is that? Because AASPs are not allowed to own spare Iphone screens. Apple wants them to send in your broken screen first, then when Evilcorp - sorry, I mean Apple gets the screen; only then will they send a new Apple Phone screen - ONLY THEN can the AASP start working on your phone. That's why it takes so long
- If the AASPs do not comply to such dumb, restrictive and inefficient rules - they risk to get all their certifications (for which they worked so hard and paid so much) revoked by Apple and they'll be basically out of business (if they don't manage to convert to a 3rd party repair shop)

3. Lobbying/Corrupting the Government in order to prevent the better service by the competition
- Who is the competition? 3rd Party repair shops that don't need to comply to the stupid Evilcorp/Apple rules
- Why do they do that? Apple does not want any parts/components of their product on the market, they wanna have control over all the circulating spare parts in order to monopolize the "Customer (not really-) Service" so they can charge you too much for a repair and thereby encourage you to buy new stuff. Which has huge environmental repercussions, but that's another discussion...
- How do they do it? For example; they corrupted the US customs into seizing incoming packages from China containing refurbished Apple Screen phones that were ordered by a 3rd Party repair shop. OR they just try to sue every 3rd Party repair-shop for "copyright infringement" which doesn't make any sense since the 3rd Party shops aren't infringing anything. They just use refurbished authentic Apple screens (so no fake screens with an Apple logo on it) on which they do not claim to be the creator off (didn't put their brand on a product that isn't their's, and why would they? People want genuine Apple screens)

There is just so much wrong with this company but somehow they still manage to convince the innocent consumer, that they're the best and that's why they're so expensive.
Reality is: It's a bad company, with bad overpriced products for which they do not or poorly provide any service at all. 

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

On 8/6/2018 at 11:59 PM, CallOfSnowgolem. said:

I say all of this knowing that not ALL people hate apple but it is a very common trait among our community

I find it really annoying when people say they are anti-apple for the most BS reasons like if you can't give an actual reason to be anti-apple, then don't, they aren't this evil company that wants the downfall of everyone, they make some amazing products, and have done some amazing innovation (they did make the smartphone), and I'm not an apple fanboy, far from it. I carry a pixel 2 and think it is many times better than any iPhone, but that's my personal taste,  I say all of this because of this  that I find apple fanboys annoying af also, I think what Louis Rossman said that when an apple fanboy says they are the problem and Apple isn't is also very annoying, but I am saying all of this because I got some much hate for saying on another forum page that I really wanted a MacBook Pro. I say all of this out of love, I love the computer building community, we are some of the most  passionate communities, but from the outside we look like a bunch of assholes, bc it seems like we hate almost every other community other than ours, for example, Apple, counsels, non-android, people who buy pre-built systems. I want this community to grow, but it just doesn't look very appealing from the outside. Sorry if this seems really hateful, I just wanted to address this. so Thanks for reading!   

Because macs can't game and iOS can't be custom modded. Simple. For iPhones, it's the software that truely sucks. On Macs, softwares isn't an issue because you can install other operating system on it but oh boy, the hardwares.... Sure it's pretty and shiny on the outside but weak sauce in the inside. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Such an original idea for a topic... 5 minutes of research before posting couldn't have hurt. Every time there's a topic like this, people go on for dozens of pages repeating the same things as always and getting nowhere. The reality of it is that the question itself is framed in the wrong way - everyone has their own reasons to like or dislike Apple and/or their products. Sure, some people are just on one side or the other without a real reason other than fitting in with their social circle or, vice versa, to stand out - do we really need a topic to discuss that? What is there even to discuss? Whose mind are you going to change?

Sorry if I'm late to the party, I hadn't noticed this until now...

Either way, while I'm here I might as well give my own answer on what I think of Apple and their products:

Apple is a greedy and morally bankrupt company that sells heavily overpriced hardware, profits off of slavery, rushes their products to market without proper testing and blames the customer when something goes wrong due to THEIR bad design. All this while claiming to be innovative and selling their products as luxury items. They sometimes have the odd product that I consider acceptable and reasonably priced, but it's the rare exception rather than the rule. That is my opinion and I'm not speaking for anyone else.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The only things I like are the Mac Books, that too, I feel are bloated, I can't say if they are cause I haven't used any, but I think they are okay, Nothing too great, nothing too bad.

The only reason apple gets hate is because it's huge, other companies do the almost things, but they slip unnoticed. We can debate on particular products but not the whole company.

To put it bluntly I don't feel like they value their customers. I think OS lock in and iOS being more important has led them to just take Mac customers for granted.

I see this in how they do not support their products, routinely denying issues, like with the terrible butterfly keyboards failing, and then them adding a dust filter with the next generation, but won't fess up the reason was to fix the dust breaking the keyboard. 

I also see it in the lack of options in the Mac space. Mac Mini abandoned for years. Mac Pro abandoned for years. MacBook Pro reduced to a machine no longer really suitable for pro work. As the LTT video pointed out, you can't even trust in being able to recover your data if your logic board goes out. In a pro machine. That's insane!

Then you have the pricing. Why does the entry level MacBook Pro cost $2400 to get a 15 inch? To move up 2 inches in display size your base cost increases by $1100. And even then, that $15 inch is so underspec'd compared to PC makers products. 1/2 the ram, 1/4 the storage of a Dell XPS15. 

Limited options, all overpriced. 

I can't get used to the software, I don't like the design focusing only on aesthetics  and they're too expensive and too incompatible for my taste 

I don't hate Apple, I'm just not their target market. I want to be able to take my things apart and run whatever I want on them. 

That's an F in the profile pic

On 2018-08-25 at 12:34 AM, RorzNZ said:

Apple's products really suck and their ethos is totally like not cool. They have:

- Opt-In Telemetry

- Based on UNIX, very stable.

- The best and most advanced mobile operating system

- Best Laptop and Mobile design. Simple and minimal. 

- Leading Cloud integration for any application. 

- Syncs across all your devices in a real-time manner

- Runs Minecraft better than Windows (oof)

- An App Store that isn't garbage. 

- An interface that doesn't take 4 cores and 4GB of RAM to look smooth (on mobile devices)

- iTunes on Mac is much, much better than PC.

- FaceTime is more integration, as is calling and texting. 

- Everything is much more convenient. 

- Better memory management. 

The laptop design is very questionable from a business/power user perspective. These MacBooks are just too thin for their own good. So they lack effective cooling, ports and comfortable keyboards. And the person who thought that replacing function keys for a touch bar is an idiot. 

But I do agree that iOS is awesome. And Apple should be praised for their long support. I can’t believe that other smartphone companies are getting away with supporting their devices for only 2 years. 

31 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

The laptop design is very questionable from a business/power user perspective. These MacBooks are just too thin for their own good. So they lack effective cooling, ports and comfortable keyboards. And the person who thought that replacing function keys for a touch bar is an idiot. 

But I do agree that iOS is awesome. And Apple should be praised for their long support. I can’t believe that other smartphone companies are getting away with supporting their devices for only 2 years. 

The touchbar is actually pretty nice. I get a lot more done with it.

Apple locks you into its ecosystem with overpriced, overrated, un-repairable products that use invasive programs and OS. 

The legion of idiots who swear by the idiotic "expensive brand = quality" is just a cherry on top. 

EDIT: I used an ipod mp3 player for some years, and an iphone 4 for about a year. This is what I personally hated about it and why I'll never buy another one:

- can't access my files on it the way I can access them on android

- have to access my files via the horrible itunes program that decides what files I can and can't copy to my phone and is annoying to use

- itunes actually hijacks my computer virus-style and actually tries to prevent me from doing stuff like downloading torrents

- iOS is rigid and nowhere near as customizable as android

- itunes is godawful

To top it all off, the iPhone 4 wasn't actually any better or faster than equivalent android phones as far as I could tell. I think maybe it was a bit more stable? Not that android is unstable, from my experience, unless you're using a really really really crappy one. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

I'm a long time apple user before even apple was popular, and I want to talk about several things about Apple company. Apple was one of the best companies the offer excellent reliable laptop. I used to have most of the Macbooks Pro's and iMacs along with several other products. The experience of using OSX at the time was really enjoyable and I really enjoyed. All of the sudden Apple started to be obsessed with Thinner and lighter which is a good thing to get me wrong but it's not a good thing one you sacrifice ports, performance, and keyboard quality. I was waiting for the new MacBook's Pro's to be released just to buy one, when I saw the event I didn't like what I was seeing but I told myself to give them a chance maybe it's not that bad after getting used to it, so I bought the device and it was the worst experience of my life the OSX is changed a lot that's it's more like an IOS, I was promoted with all the stupid features about linking my iPhone with the laptop and getting everything synced, and the big problem that people are promoting this as an excellent feature and that the Apple eco-system is unbeatable which is not true I prefer to separate my Computer and my iPhone I don't want them to be linked and I don't care about linking them. The other issue that I was facing with the new devices are the lake of ports, you never know when you are going to need a USB or an Ethernet or any other useful port. The fact that I need to get over-priced adapters and keep taking them with me is not acceptable and it's a hassle. Now to talk about the biggest issue that I faced with the Apple MacBook Pro's is the keyboard, it's really one of the worst experience in my life I just couldn't type anything I tried to adapt to the keyboard over 3 months and I couldn't type comfortably it's really has the worst keyboard on the planet. I couldn't deal with all of this so I got another laptop with a better keyboard and forced my self to use Windows 10 and now I'm much happier. I hope Apple stop this and try to care about consumers.

AMD Ryzen 1700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

GTX 1070

16gb RAM 2333Mhz

500gb Samsung SSD

Windows 10 & Linux

On 8/27/2018 at 12:08 AM, SamBkamp said:

I grew up around Apple products and I think that they have some amazing products and have good innovation. The build quality and design Ethos of the company is magnificent, They're OS (both for the phones and the laptops) is super easy to use and just works without much of a hitch. Even thought they are a little pricey, I personally think it is worth it. Furthermore I have had experience with both MacOS and windows and but I must say MacOS is so much prettier and easier to use and there is little to no hassle on the users end. On the other hand, they really limit the ability of external parties to do things on an Apple computer, for example; As Rossman said, Apple policy on repairs to macs is super tight and makes it so that going to the apple store is the more efficient way to go. The Warranty and the BS apple care thing is quite a scam as we always end up paying for something if it breaks anyway. These tactics allow for Apple to rake in the sweet sweet cash money from the consumer's misfortune.

In conclusion, Apple has great innovation which really shape the way Technology develops (smart phones, the absence of optical disk drives and now the move to make everything wireless), but they really need to work on their outward appearance to the public. Although, the PC's community unreasonable hate for Apple is usually jumping on the band wagon instead of their opinions being backed by facts and experience 

ps.

one can of worms I didn't open was the way they handle their workers in the factory but I could talk about that for an hour without reaching a conclusion and I don't really think it adds anything to the thread but I wanted to put it out there.

I thought it was an almost universal consensus in democratic, free countries that slave labour is bad...

Seems like a pretty easy conclusion to reach that selling "premium" electronics made by workers whose lives are so bad because of the working conditions that theyd rather jump to their death is bad.

Apple is a fashion company first, and a tech company second. The dislike comes from trying to turn tech into a subjective fashion rather than objective performance of the hardware.

23 hours ago, poochyena said:

Apple is a fashion company first, and a tech company second. The dislike comes from trying to turn tech into a subjective fashion rather than objective performance of the hardware.

That's what makes Apple so awesome in my book, that they are design-led company first and foremost, rather than using technology for tech's sake. 

I thought people would have come to a revelation since the iPad. It had objectively worse specs than a windows tablet PC, and there were tons of things that the iPad couldn't do, yet it offered a better user experience for the things that people did use it for. That's what good design is about. Implementing technology in a manner which results in a great user experience for the end user, but just cramming in maximum specs for the sake of it. 

If anything, even if you all hate Apple for your own reasons, you should at least be thankful for Apple's lasting legacy on the PC world, that it has encouraged OEMs to pay more attention to design. It used to be that for the longest time, conventional wisdom in the PC industry was that design wasn't important; that only specs and pricing mattered, and what we got because of this mindset were crappy hardware running crappy software.

Apple completely upended that value system by proving that design did matter, and that more importantly, consumers were willing to pay a premium for good design. For example, you had the MacBook Air, which dumped a ton of ports in pursuit of a thin and light form factor. Before this, how many companies would have dared make such a ballsy move of charging more for less? And yet Apple's gambit paid off, because they made the right call and were able to give their users more of what they wanted (portability) while taking away what they realised they never needed (redundant ports). 

Today, all of Apple's competitors pay more attention to design than ever before. Google, Microsoft, Samsung, HP, you name it. Apple is disrupting the conventional tenets of business even more than they are any particular product category in consumer electronics. My advice to everyone here? Rather than try to explain away Apple's success, why not make an attempt to study, understand, describe and teach it? 

Apple's atypical approach to product design is precisely why I am a very happy and satisfied Apple user, and why I see myself continuing to remain as one for a good many years to come. ? 

What I hate is the title of this thread because it is suggesting that ALL of us here hate Apple. "Why do people hate Apple" would be much more appropriate. 

Back on topic. I have 2 Apple products, Macbook Pro and iPhone. Reason I bought my first iPhone was the price. Back in the time I wanted to buy HTC phone instead which was one of the best phones you could buy then (iPhone 4 era) and my mobile operator at the time just got iPhones for the first time. I paid ~200ish euro for the phone for 20ish euro per month plan (HTC was 400 euro for the same plan). I used that phone up until 3 years ago. Now I have 6s and it just works. As I've written in a similar post before - I want plug and play, reliable phone. iPhones served me well over the years and my motto is don't change a winning horse.

I got Macbook because when I bought it 4 years ago it was one of the best ultrabooks regarding cost/performace. Since I have a powerful desktop PC I just needed something lightweight and reliable. 

I don't know other people's experience, but I had excellent experience with Apple support and service. Never had any issues and they were always more than correct. 

I will also add another thing, many big companies are buying Macbooks for their Linux devops personnel. Reason is support. Apple is probably one of the few companies that will give you support for UNIX based OS laptops. It is true, you can buy any other laptop, install Linux, but on a big scale most of the laptop making companies will just flip you off if you mention Linux. The same reason why schools, universities etc. are buying Dell, HP, Lenovo etc. prebuilt systems instead building their own PCs for much less money - support.

What I don't like about Apple are the Apple fans and Steve Jobs. They worship him as a god, but he was complete ass*ole as a human being. Also they are not listening to reason when it comes to Apple products. The other thing that I dislike is John Ive's attitude where he doesn't want to make a single compromise to get higher spec hardware. NO ONE would care that eg. iPhone is just slightly thicker to have a higher capacity battery. 

My conclusion is that lots of people are buying Apple products as a status symbol. For example, many people will pay a lot of money for Macbook Pro just to use it for Facebook and Netflix and pretend that they are experts but in reality they don't know a s*it about computers. I believe that that's why people hate Apple the most, because of the fans. Just as someone said "I don't hate Jesus, I hate his fan club".

The majority of "Apple-haters" (those with an innate hate for all things Apple) feels the way they do because Apple is considered mainstream and a market-leader these days and that brings us to the "underdog effect" which underlines why people are vastly more critical of what Apple does, says and makes versus other competing brands (the underdogs) 

https://www.vox.com/2015/3/20/8260445/underdogs-psychology

I don't personally 'hate' Apple, but I do dislike some of their decisions. I think the wider tech community dislikes Apple because they get away with things that other companies wouldn't.

On 31/08/2018 at 9:59 PM, Beer_Nontitju said:

No, they're popular to the oblivious customer. What they try to set is not innovation, but a trend. And the trend is not necessarily the best way to go.

Here's why I hate apple; copy/pasting from my comment from another post

Anti-consumer policies: 
1. Basically always releasing their product with an inherent flaw. Anyway here's how the cycle goes, every single time: 
- Apple releases product with inherent flaw
- People complain about said flaw
- Apple denies the existence of said flaw and brushes the complains away
- A class-action law-suit is made against Apple because of said faulty design
- 4 years after, the case settles and Apple accepts to release a warranty (that repairs the faulty design for free, or at a reduced cost)
- That warranty will repair all phone purchases 3 years prior to the case's settlement; So people who bought the product on release don't get a right to get it repaired.
- Since everyone had already forgotten about the design flaw, Apple does not learn.
- Because Apple doesn't learn and people keep buying their crap, they keep releasing their products with the same flaws as 4 years ago.

That's how it happened for the Iphone 4 losing reception "when holding it wrong", Iphone 6 & 7 Bendgate, the faulty butterfly keyboard on the Macbooks and many many many other previous products and for many products to come, I bet.

2. Their absolutely toxic relationship with the AASPs ("Apple Authorized Service Provider") based on the culture of fear. 
- AASPs are shops that are officially affiliated with Apple that sell & service Apple products
- Those AASPs pay horrendous amount of money to get the certifications, to get the "training" and the machinery (e.g Horizon Machine) to service Apple products officially.
- They are extremely restricted in what they can do for you

Example of screen repairs:
If your screen is broken and you want to get it repaired in an AASP, it will take several days for them to replace it. Most people can't do without a phone for several days. By contrast, a 3rd party repair-shop like the Rossman Group or iDoctor (in my region) will replace your screen in 30mins to 2hours.
- Why is that? Because AASPs are not allowed to own spare Iphone screens. Apple wants them to send in your broken screen first, then when Evilcorp - sorry, I mean Apple gets the screen; only then will they send a new Apple Phone screen - ONLY THEN can the AASP start working on your phone. That's why it takes so long
- If the AASPs do not comply to such dumb, restrictive and inefficient rules - they risk to get all their certifications (for which they worked so hard and paid so much) revoked by Apple and they'll be basically out of business (if they don't manage to convert to a 3rd party repair shop)

3. Lobbying/Corrupting the Government in order to prevent the better service by the competition
- Who is the competition? 3rd Party repair shops that don't need to comply to the stupid Evilcorp/Apple rules
- Why do they do that? Apple does not want any parts/components of their product on the market, they wanna have control over all the circulating spare parts in order to monopolize the "Customer (not really-) Service" so they can charge you too much for a repair and thereby encourage you to buy new stuff. Which has huge environmental repercussions, but that's another discussion...
- How do they do it? For example; they corrupted the US customs into seizing incoming packages from China containing refurbished Apple Screen phones that were ordered by a 3rd Party repair shop. OR they just try to sue every 3rd Party repair-shop for "copyright infringement" which doesn't make any sense since the 3rd Party shops aren't infringing anything. They just use refurbished authentic Apple screens (so no fake screens with an Apple logo on it) on which they do not claim to be the creator off (didn't put their brand on a product that isn't their's, and why would they? People want genuine Apple screens)

There is just so much wrong with this company but somehow they still manage to convince the innocent consumer, that they're the best and that's why they're so expensive.
Reality is: It's a bad company, with bad overpriced products for which they do not or poorly provide any service at all. 

I agree with a lot of your points. Apple is not the best company, not by a LONG shot. They do some pretty shitty things and I agree with your points 2 and 3 but you can not deny that they have made some pretty impressive products with some great ingenuity and you have to respect them for that.  

On 01/09/2018 at 1:48 AM, wasab said:

For iPhones, it's the software that truely sucks

I would have to disagree with you on that point, I have an iPhone and the OS is the best part about it. I have talked to many samsung users and they all generally agree that IOS is a super good looking design and is really easy to use. Don't get me wrong though, I know the company has done some really horrible things but their IOS is unbeatable by phone standards IMO

On 8/7/2018 at 12:11 AM, StarfleetCap said:

We all hate apple because we know their pcs are piece of plastic with some silicone.

Show me any meaningful sized piece of plastic on a recent apple product. I’ll wait

On 8/7/2018 at 12:27 AM, CallOfSnowgolem. said:

give an example, I'm not saying that to disprove you, I'm just wondering, bc to me they seem decent, the iPhones i get they are overpriced (the reason I have a pixel 2)

Are there really overpriced for the tight integration you get with other apple products? 

On 8/7/2018 at 12:38 AM, CallOfSnowgolem. said:

Ok, but with the thinness of the laptop, and others compared to it, could you fit more heat pipes and do other laptops of the size and specs do they have more heat pipes, do the old MacBook pros have more than 1 heat pipes?

My 2012 MacBook Pro (8gb ram upgraded and 500gb sad) is still running strong and I love it for the battery life (can easily get several hours w/o charger) and if I leave my iPhone at home I can still text and make calls throughout the day with no problem. 

On 8/7/2018 at 12:54 AM, Fullmental said:

Yeah I had a “smartphone” before the iPhone too, it was the LG Prada. Horrible phone by today’s standards, but I believe it was actually the first capacitive touch screen phone, and I had it before the iPhone was released.

I don’t “hate” apple, I just hate how some of their products suffer from stupid design oversights in the name of a “premium” look or feel. The iPad Pro Smart Keyboard doesn’t need to be so damn sensitive with regards to how perfectly angled it is when folded out before working. The iMac Pro doesn’t need shit for a vesa mount and an impossible-to-service design for a workstation product. The headphone jack REALLY didn’t need to go just yet. The MacBook Pro  should have been made to handle the i9 better. The Mac Pro garbage can just plain didn’t need to exist. Antenna problems, GPU overheating problems, general inability to repair their computers, etc., are all things that have kept me away.

Small, stupid things that you think they’d get right, go wrong. And they take forever to admit these oversights, if ever. If they just fixed these problems and didn’t have a bad track record for refusing to acknowledge major design flaws, I might actually consider their products a little more. As it is, the only reason I have an iPad Pro is because Android tablets are generally sparse with little support. And the Apple Pencil. That was worth it.

And honestly? The company has gone flat since Steve Jobs died. There’s very little in terms of strong direction. They just seem to be trying to repeat past success without knowing what they’re doing. It’s sad, really. I want them to be successful. Microsoft needs a swift kick in the ass every now and then to keep them honest. Just like AMD and Intel/Nvidia. Competition is good for everyone.

1. Most Smart Keyboard cases that I have tried and actually liked have to be decently lined up before they lock into place

2. Name a single laptop that handles a i9 decently well in any simi portable form factor. Most of the blame can be placed on intel for not getting to smaller nm chips yet. 

3. Yes competition is good for everyone but most companies are not scrutinized like apple is to a nitpickly level where any little thing going wrong tries to be made into an apple is horrible article. Just look at the TWO iPhone 7s that had the battery expand in shipping. News outlets tried to blow it up into every phone does it not just the note 7 when in reality, almost any battery has a small chance of failure.