What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia
6 hours ago, SamBkamp said:

they have made some pretty impressive products

Yes, Apple has made some great products and has had some good ideas, but this time has passed. Just like M. Night Shyamalan has made some impressive movies, but it does not hinder the fact that the majority of his movies are mediocre at best - and that, as a director, he's pretty much second-rate, just like Apple.

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

Because they tend to offer less features for more money, both compared to the competition and to their own older devices.

They really feel like EA and Activision, in the sense that they act like what they do is costing them tonnes, but really they are just reskinning their own items (and others...) and even removing the "incontinent" (costly) components, than saying it costs them tonnes and charging the consumers obnoxious amounts.

1 minute ago, N1NJ4W4RR10R said:

Because they tend to offer less features for more money, both compared to the competition and to their own older devices.

They really feel like EA and Activision, in the sense that they act like what they do is costing them tonnes, but really they are just reskinning their own items (and others...) and even removing the "incontinent" (costly) components, than saying it costs them tonnes and charging the consumers obnoxious amounts.

1000 dollars for a phone, does not even have a headphone jack

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

1000 dollars for a phone, does not even have a headphone jack

It is an extra 800$ for them to fill in the hole for the headphone jack

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

9 hours ago, cflanders said:

1. Most Smart Keyboard cases that I have tried and actually liked have to be decently lined up before they lock into place

2. Name a single laptop that handles a i9 decently well in any simi portable form factor. Most of the blame can be placed on intel for not getting to smaller nm chips yet. 

3. Yes competition is good for everyone but most companies are not scrutinized like apple is to a nitpickly level where any little thing going wrong tries to be made into an apple is horrible article. Just look at the TWO iPhone 7s that had the battery expand in shipping. News outlets tried to blow it up into every phone does it not just the note 7 when in reality, almost any battery has a small chance of failure. 

1) You've not tried the smart keyboard case then. Even when it's perfectly lined up and clicked into place, it still only works half the time. It's a documented issue and Apple chooses to ignore the design/software flaw rather than address it. 

2) It doesn't matter and Intel is not responsible. If the manufacturers can't sufficiently cool the chips with their own designs to the point where they don't even outperform the i7's, then they should know not to offer them in the first place. But instead, they will offer it at a price premium to take advantage of buyers that just go for high specs because they assume (normally correctly) that they will see a decent performance benefit. If someone stuck an i7 in an 11" tablet that throttled back to minimum speed and couldn't beat an m3 in any real world performance, would you blame Intel for that too?

3) You want to be at the top of your market? You are going to get scrutinized. Samsung gets it with their phones, LG gets it with their TVs, Canon and Nikon get that for their DSLRs, etc. I'm not going to defend the news outlets here though, they know what they're doing and they don't care - it's whatever gets the most views.

let me tell you why. Cause it hit Newton's head and now we all have to learn these shit of physics in high school and its freaking hard!

On 8/6/2018 at 9:59 PM, CallOfSnowgolem. said:

I say all of this knowing that not ALL people hate apple but it is a very common trait among our community

I find it really annoying when people say they are anti-apple for the most BS reasons like if you can't give an actual reason to be anti-apple, then don't, they aren't this evil company that wants the downfall of everyone, they make some amazing products, and have done some amazing innovation (they did make the smartphone), and I'm not an apple fanboy, far from it. I carry a pixel 2 and think it is many times better than any iPhone, but that's my personal taste,  I say all of this because of this  that I find apple fanboys annoying af also, I think what Louis Rossman said that when an apple fanboy says they are the problem and Apple isn't is also very annoying, but I am saying all of this because I got some much hate for saying on another forum page that I really wanted a MacBook Pro. I say all of this out of love, I love the computer building community, we are some of the most  passionate communities, but from the outside we look like a bunch of assholes, bc it seems like we hate almost every other community other than ours, for example, Apple, counsels, non-android, people who buy pre-built systems. I want this community to grow, but it just doesn't look very appealing from the outside. Sorry if this seems really hateful, I just wanted to address this. so Thanks for reading!   

I just don't like how Apple products are designed with "planned obsolescence" in mind everything from the fact that you can't open an Imac to clean it to the fact that they solder everything they can to the motherboard, and they have their computers burn alive for the sake of silence, and then when they make a mistake they manage to convince their audience that they are using their products wrong....

Image result for your holding it wrong 

Very unappealing, and then there is the actions that they have been taking against the right to repair. Otherwise I don't really care what they do. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

18 hours ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

Yes, Apple has made some great products and has had some good ideas, but this time has passed. Just like M. Night Shyamalan has made some impressive movies, but it does not hinder the fact that the majority of his movies are mediocre at best - and that, as a director, he's pretty much second-rate, just like Apple.

Although I do agree that Apple isn't what it once was, they still make some good products, like for example the AirPods. A lot of people hate them but I have to say that from experience they are well worth the price tag due to their sleek design and the butterfinger resistant case.   

On 31/08/2018 at 8:32 PM, J.b091 said:

All right, let's start why I hate this company:

• Their products are expensive and overrated. With their prices they in short say: "You should buy our products with such price because we are much better and than any other company in the world, we are revolutionary company and you can't get anything near like our products" which we all know isn't truth, but people still get deceived.
  • I hate this brand because of their fanbase which more like they act like a cult. To not go far away, I'll give one clear example: Few weeks ago I told my sister that after reading reviews of comparing smartphone cameras seems like Huawei P20 had better photos than Iphone and I think it was great phone. Her answer: "There is only one great phone and it's called Iphone! Nothing is best than Iphone." And I'm pretty sure you all have people like her around you among friends, family, coworkers... They are all like fanatics. They buy Iphone because it's Iphone. It's like a Status. And they don't even change ringtone (oh God how I hate that apple ringtone), so everyone around them knows that they have Iphone. These people make me to hate Apple company even more.
  • I don't like Apple's closed ecosystem by making their products "incompatible" with third party brands.
  • You can't upgrade and customize your Apple computer as your desktop PC & yet you pay twice or tripe more for that.
  • You can't even game normally with your "expensive luxury" Apple, because there ain't much games for their OS.
  • I hated like Steve Jobs.
  • I don't like their products design, mostly with their same boring white color.

Of course they have their pros too, like better security and etc, but by above reasons & their politics I hate that company and will never buy anything from them.

You are obviously not the target audience for Apple, they are not meant to be gaming machines. They are meant to be for the less tech savvy users, for whom, this Apple ecosystem is a god send. They don't want to customize their computer because simply, they don't care. I agree that the incompatibility is dumb, 100%. Furthermore, Steve Jobs was a great guy and designer, I'm not sure why you hate him. The "status" symbol part of Apple you talk about may be true in some places but even if it is true, there is nothing wrong with it! You spent a good amount of money on a nice product so I don't think its a bad thing to show off a little

I'm a PC builder who has built a lot of PCs for various uses. I'm no Apple Fanboy for sure, I have a slight hate for Apple even, but I currently use their products. My daily driver is a 2015 MBA 11 and an iPhone SE. I got both of them last year for around $900 New. There are a lot of things I hate about Apple, and there is very few I like.

Why I hate Apple.

1.) I can't download anything using Safari on my phone.

2.) I can't even save a simple PDF file on my phone without a 3rd Party App.

3.) My experience with GPS was worse than on an Android

4.) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth can't be turned off from control center.

5.) No way to clear all notifs unless they're old.

6.) No multiple clipboard

7.) No toggle to switch between iMessage and regular SMS. You have to hold and click just to send as SMS

8.) No number row and hold for symbols on Keyboard

9.) A lot of several things wherein Android has shortcut for, but Apple doesn't.

10.) Files in Mac are a mess. If I put something in a folder, it will be dangling around unorganized. Unlike windows wherein it's a linear grid. I always have to click "Arrange By" just to get them straight in line.

11.) Mac usability and shortcuts are very limited for my taste.

12.) iPhone and Mac syncing works, but never works properly (Notes, iMessage, Reminders). Tons of frustration especially on iMessage.

What I like about Apple.

1.) Earpods are quite good. The volume rocker can even control the Mac's volume.

2.) Connecting your Mac or iPad to your phone's Wi-Fi hotspot shows signal and battery of your phone.

3.) The Pre-Installed Apps are quite nice.

4.) Touch-ID integration on supported Apps.

5.) Tons of accessories.

6.) Things are easy to fix. Just a simple Google Search. Since the problem you will experience has probably been experienced by other users already.

On 10/09/2018 at 11:49 AM, SamBkamp said:

I would have to disagree with you on that point, I have an iPhone and the OS is the best part about it. I have talked to many samsung users and they all generally agree that IOS is a super good looking design and is really easy to use. Don't get me wrong though, I know the company has done some really horrible things but their IOS is unbeatable by phone standards IMO

Depends on 2 things.

1 - the one you used and got used to first

2 - how much you want to customise the device.

I absolutely hate iOS, feels terrible to me. But thanks to it's closed nature, it is optimised way better than Android for sure.

11 hours ago, Fullmental said:

1) You've not tried the smart keyboard case then. Even when it's perfectly lined up and clicked into place, it still only works half the time. It's a documented issue and Apple chooses to ignore the design/software flaw rather than address it. 

2) It doesn't matter and Intel is not responsible. If the manufacturers can't sufficiently cool the chips with their own designs to the point where they don't even outperform the i7's, then they should know not to offer them in the first place. But instead, they will offer it at a price premium to take advantage of buyers that just go for high specs because they assume (normally correctly) that they will see a decent performance benefit. If someone stuck an i7 in an 11" tablet that throttled back to minimum speed and couldn't beat an m3 in any real world performance, would you blame Intel for that too?

3) You want to be at the top of your market? You are going to get scrutinized. Samsung gets it with their phones, LG gets it with their TVs, Canon and Nikon get that for their DSLRs, etc. I'm not going to defend the news outlets here though, they know what they're doing and they don't care - it's whatever gets the most views.

Agreed on 2. Intel should have definetly dont better and they should definitely get some of the blame. But at the end of the day Apple was the one that put it into a device knowing it would not be nearly good enough to prevent it from throttling so badly.

3 as well. All of the above get criticized, you just don't tend to see it as often because Samsung will learn from their mistakes. Take the s6 for example. They tried to pull an Apple, got shot down and made the s7.

2 hours ago, SamBkamp said:

You are obviously not the target audience for Apple, they are not meant to be gaming machines. They are meant to be for the less tech savvy users, for whom, this Apple ecosystem is a god send. They don't want to customize their computer because simply, they don't care. I agree that the incompatibility is dumb, 100%. Furthermore, Steve Jobs was a great guy and designer, I'm not sure why you hate him. The "status" symbol part of Apple you talk about may be true in some places but even if it is true, there is nothing wrong with it! You spent a good amount of money on a nice product so I don't think its a bad thing to show off a little

That, ironically, is exactly why they are dam near hated I'd bet. They take advantage of people who don't know this stuff, and typically end up screwing over higher end users because other companies think they can do the same. Take lenovo and Samsung as examples there.

On 2018-09-10 at 4:49 AM, SamBkamp said:

I would have to disagree with you on that point, I have an iPhone and the OS is the best part about it. I have talked to many samsung users and they all generally agree that IOS is a super good looking design and is really easy to use. Don't get me wrong though, I know the company has done some really horrible things but their IOS is unbeatable by phone standards IMO

Actually, iOS did start to suck a while ago. 
Few years ago Apple had meh hardware in their phones, but software was pretty damn good.
These days hardware is pretty damn good, but software is holding it back quite a bit. 

I mean, sure, that A11 chip looks like a total powerhouse on paper and Antutu benchmark, but there are Android phones that are plain faster, like XZ2.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

11 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

Actually, iOS did start to suck a while ago. 
Few years ago Apple had meh hardware in their phones, but software was pretty damn good.
These days hardware is pretty damn good, but software is holding it back quite a bit. 

I mean, sure, that A11 chip looks like a total powerhouse on paper and Antutu benchmark, but there are Android phones that are plain faster, like XZ2.

Apple's software has always been restrictive, but that is what I personally think makes IOS so good. It's just so easy to use and it looks so clean  

52 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Tech savvy people are not their user base either.  Apple is a platform for pro art people, and even they are getting pissed off at Apple lately.  The tech-savvy use Linux and Windows.  Conformity has more cons than pros, and most people do it for the sake of insecurity because of a conformist society.  It's toxic if anything.

Here's an example of a pro art guy getting pissed off at Apple for legit reasons.

you may have misread, I totally agree with you that apple is for people who don't know much about computers and how they work. Apple's supposed target audience is meant to be creative people but I think they've moved to more ease of use for the everyday person who does most of his/her work on google drive or other online platforms. 

21 minutes ago, N1NJ4W4RR10R said:

Agreed on 2. Intel should have definetly dont better and they should definitely get some of the blame. But at the end of the day Apple was the one that put it into a device knowing it would not be nearly good enough to prevent it from throttling so badly.

Yes. This is 100% true.

22 minutes ago, N1NJ4W4RR10R said:

That, ironically, is exactly why they are dam near hated I'd bet. They take advantage of people who don't know this stuff, and typically end up screwing over higher end users because other companies think they can do the same. Take lenovo and Samsung as examples there.

I wouldn't say it as "screwing over" their customers. My mother is not the most tech savvy and that is why she loves apple because she does not have to worry about going deep into the file system or worry about adware or viruses. People like this place value on those kind of features.

Now, I'm not going to go and say that apple is the best and we should support them no matter what. Not by a long shot. But this needles barrage of hate from the PC community for every tiny slip up in their products is undeserved. What we really should be critisizing is Apple's repair policy and how they screw over small repair businesses by basically not allowing them to repair apple products.   

I love certain apple products. Specifically: The MacBook Air, and iPads. I have an Android phone and I never intend on switching. But for all the love I have for Apple, they are heading down a path that I, and many other groups, don't appreciate such as soldering on the memory and storage to the motherboard making repair virtually impossible. They don't allow repair shops to hold spare parts or schematics easily, and they keep making the products needlessly thinner every year resulting in issues like new keyboards (that I personally hate) that end up being crippled by some dust.

I would prefer for Apple to have one line of products that are geared for people like us who don't mind a heavier body that would actually have ports. I don't like how they have ruined the 'Pro' line and turned it into the who's who of a pissing contest among your richest friends.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

6 hours ago, SamBkamp said:

It doesn't matter if they are meant for non techies, gamers, not gamers & etc... Their products don't justify their horribly high prices! For the price they sell their products I would expect something revolutionary, but there's nothing revolutionary about them. There are other nice products (brands) with less money to spend. With the money you buy Apple computer, I would build PC which would perform 5x faster, will be also able to game on it and do same work you do on your apple computer, like working in Photoshop or anything & save half money on the top... Anyway, I'll leave this discussion about their horrible price and answer you about Steve Jobs and why I hated him. He was a massive crook; blatantly taking other's work and rearranging it then claiming it as his own invention. @LAwLz has explained it well in this post why he was a**hole. I suggest you to see the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley", it also explains everything quite well.

Another thread about him here and what human he was: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/131043-steve-jobs-was-a-dick/?tab=comments#comment-1744124

I will preface this with I don't actually hate them, but I would be unlikely to ever recommend any of their products to about 99% of the people who might ask me before buying something.

• Steve Jobs was an utter cockwomble
  • Having to use various Apple machines (super old school ones now) at Primary and too much of High school
  • Watching people pay way too much for what is essentially a Facebook machine/Selfie taker makes me cringe
  • I really dislike iOS & OSX - very little on their layout seems logical to me, however, this is more likely because I have needed to use them very little, besides fixing things for people at work

4 hours ago, SamBkamp said:

Yes. This is 100% true.

I wouldn't say it as "screwing over" their customers. My mother is not the most tech savvy and that is why she loves apple because she does not have to worry about going deep into the file system or worry about adware or viruses. People like this place value on those kind of features.

Now, I'm not going to go and say that apple is the best and we should support them no matter what. Not by a long shot. But this needles barrage of hate from the PC community for every tiny slip up in their products is undeserved. What we really should be critisizing is Apple's repair policy and how they screw over small repair businesses by basically not allowing them to repair apple products.   

With the pricing I do consider it screwing them over. Apple doesn't make bad products, they're definitely good for people who want simple devices. But for the prices they sell it at - at or above what the "high end" gear for the more tech savy is (IMO) a rip off.

Obviously doesn't mean people can't like apple. If you aren't being a fan boy, feel free. Investments are subjective, and if you use something every day of the week for multiple hours, a 2 grand laptop that works well is probably worth the investment.

But relative to other laptops at similar price points they are (again, IMO) a rip off.

7 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Tech savvy people are not their user base either.  Apple is a platform for pro art people, and even they are getting pissed off at Apple lately.  The tech-savvy use Linux and Windows. 

not true. i'm very tech-savvy and i use a MacBook as my main laptop. why? i don't want to have to run a virtual machine just to run Office like i have to do on Linux. 

i also find that macOS doesn't get in my way when i want to get stuff done like Windows does. 

so it's the best of both worlds really. i can run Office etc natively and i don't need to be annoyed by Windows. 

don't get me wrong, my desktop pc runs Windows+Linux dual-boot, but for my laptop i'm very comfortable with macOS

She/Her

5 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

not true. i'm very tech-savvy and i use a MacBook as my main laptop. why? i don't want to have to run a virtual machine just to run Office like i have to do on Linux. 

i also find that macOS doesn't get in my way when i want to get stuff done like Windows does. 

so it's the best of both worlds really. i can run Office etc natively and i don't need to be annoyed by Windows. 

don't get me wrong, my desktop pc runs Windows+Linux dual-boot, but for my laptop i'm very comfortable with macOS

Yeah? Well, according to this article

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4505163

iOS severly restricts what developers can do, and curtail the freedom of the users. 

On Mac, people are literally taught to visit app store and not much else. Average users don't know about the file hierachy or the command line. Most simply use finder and do not even know where xyz files are located.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

36 minutes ago, wasab said:

Yeah? Well, according to this article

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4505163

iOS severly restricts what developers can do, and curtail the freedom of the users. 

On Mac, people are literally taught to visit app store and not much else. Average users don't know about the file hierachy or the command line. Most simply use finder and do not even know where xyz files are located.

i wasn't talking about iOS. i do have an iPhone but yeah i don't care about that. i have it because the 1 or 2 years of support you get with most android phones is inexcusable for me because i can do 2+ years with a phone. 

my point was that for me as a tech-savvy user macOS can do a lot for me. 

She/Her

1 hour ago, firelighter487 said:

i wasn't talking about iOS. i do have an iPhone but yeah i don't care about that. i have it because the 1 or 2 years of support you get with most android phones is inexcusable for me because i can do 2+ years with a phone. 

my point was that for me as a tech-savvy user macOS can do a lot for me. 

You easily get 2 years with any flagship Android phone. Things typically get ugly after that. This is why I can’t stomach spending more than 200$ on an Android phone. Android is nice but the Android phone makers make Android suck.

At least with iPhones you get 4+ years. Only Samsung gets remotely close to that but they’re slow on the updates. 

I bought a used iPhone 7 for the support. That’s literally the only reason. 

You know why I hate apple? I could go on and on and on and on about this... but I will just list a few points

• They wayyyyyy overprice every single one of their products (cables and dongles too!)
  • Im not even going to start with iOS and its limits
  • They make it near impossible to upgrade anything other than the RAM on their laptops and desktops
  • They have multiple times suddenly switched to a brand new port (such as USB-C or removing headphone jack), leaving users existing hardware useless without a dongle, that they also overprice (if they want to get a new device)
  • $100 per year for a developer account to publish apps? really?
  • They purposefully make their old products slower, and almost force you to upgrade
  • Apparently they think that anyone under 17 shouldent be able to get a 3rd party browser (on iOS App Store) and no im not kidding. (Look at the age next to the app name: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firefox-web-browser/id989804926?mt=8)

And before anyone thinks that I dont have any experience with apple, and only hate them because I only use Windows and Android, I have had many many apple products in the past (I use no apple products currently). Let me name a few:

• Macbook (Old white model)
  • Macbook Pro
  • 7 iPhones
  • 4 iPod touches
  • 2 iPods
  • 2 iPads
  • Apple TV

9 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

You easily get 2 years with any flagship Android phone. Things typically get ugly after that. This is why I can’t stomach spending more than 200$ on an Android phone. Android is nice but the Android phone makers make Android suck.

At least with iPhones you get 4+ years. Only Samsung gets remotely close to that but they’re slow on the updates. 

I bought a used iPhone 7 for the support. That’s literally the only reason. 

you usually get 2 years with iphone too before apple slows it down to a crawl with updates and force you to buy a new one. After 2 years, things get ugly. And it isnt like your battery can hold as much juice after 2 years either. 

Sudo make me a sandwich