[Gizmodo] Google's Messing with Music on YouTube

ilikemacandpc

http://gizmodo.com/googles-about-to-ruin-youtube-by-forcing-indie-labels-t-1591957089

It's official: Google is about to ruin YouTube. A company exec told the Financial Times it will start blocking videos from record labels that refuse to sign licensing deals for its forthcoming premium service, YouTube Music Pass. This is the dumbest thing Google could do, and it threatens the very heart of what has always made YouTube so special.

Alright then. You will destroy people who aren't signed with the big companies? SCREW YOU GOOGLE!!

Unfortunately, in an effort to build out the long-rumored YouTube Music Pass, Google's resorting to strong arm tactics that threaten to destroy YouTube. The Financial Times reportsthat Google has inked deals with the three major record label conglomerates (Sony, Warner, Universal), as will as a number of indies, accounting for 90 percent of the music industry.

The problem is Google's plans for the other 10 percent. The company's head of content Robert Kyncl told the FT that it plans to start blocking videos from indie labels that haven't signed licensing deals "in a matter of days." The FT says that these labels include XL Recordings and Domino records, whose rosters include Adele, Animal Collective, Arctic Monkeys, and loads of other popular artists. In a statement to Gizmodo, Google confirmed the FT story as well as its intentions to launch a subscription-based service.

This is bad guys...really bad. Ten times worse than google plus. We MUST protest, and as Linus says "vote with your wallet." Stop supporting google. It's funny really, as Google was the beacon of openness, it's now closing up entirely. Google, hear me now. You will get no more of my money or respect for your products. 

This post has been promoted to an article

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Alright then. You will destroy people who aren't signed with the big companies? SCREW YOU GOOGLE!!

You really need to read what you're quoting.

"it will start blocking videos from record labels that ..."

YouTubers and music makers are safe...

Edit: If you meant the indie labels as indicated in the second quote then my comment is this: Oh well... It's the label's responsibility to provide for the artists they sign with. If they can't do that, then there was no reason for them to become a label in the first place if they can't even provide the basics.

Well this is an issue, guys i have some music i made on my channel, go listen before it dies.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

ahh crap

youtube was the sole reason for me discovering old and new music

hope they dont touch anything pre 2000

just discovered Deep Forrest

some body any body start a youtube like website with a good UI that NEVER changes

and i will join !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Stop supporting google. It's funny really, as Google was the beacon of openness, it's now closing up entirely.

That's easier said than done considering Google is all over the internet.

Google was never a beacon of openness. They just like to use the open source community like the sheep they are.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

So monstercat, liquicity, and mau5trap are screwed?

Fuck you google

Well not necessarily. I'm pretty sure Monstercat has licences for the music he has on his channel since he later compiles it into an album and sells it so... correct me if I'm wrong.

Well not necessarily. I'm pretty sure Monstercat has licences for the music he has on his channel since he later compiles it into an album and sells it so... correct me if I'm wrong.

What? Google are talking about a new YouTube Music Pass license which is between Google and the label.

Pilates

yes, something I can side with google on. bout time the record label companies got the shaft

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

1. fuck the labels.

2. this is going to ruin youtube.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

What the Fuck are google even doing lately?

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I will buy a music pass if they don't take the piss with the cost and up the audio quality to lossless.

Gah fuck it that's a lie I will carry on pirating it all, I listen to too much music to pay for it I'd I did I'd have to choose between that and everything else I spend money on in life.

Music What ?

le_logo_de_bande_de_baie_de_pirate_autoc

arrr

Why do a tear fell from my eye at the tought of no more music on youtube? i guess this google plan to turn everyone depressive,and those depressive like me they want dead.

Well time to leave this planet of stupids

cfb.jpg

Oh yahoo please make your on YouTube Google has ruined YouTube not just by doing this but there constant stupid layout changes there google+ intergration and there video monitization it's just a mess please someone make YouTube go away so we can be happy like we were with the original YouTube.

Anyone who uses Youtube as their primary music source is a complete pleb.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Google appears to have been co-opted for some changes in recent history. Just looking at some of the decisions lately; To my conspiracy filled mined it really looks like someone is pulling the strings and shaping the new google. Google is no longer the bright shining star of innovation that we once knew in 2000.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

That's easier said than done considering Google is all over the internet.

Google was never a beacon of openness. They just like to use the open source community like the sheep they are.

You clearly misread what the open-source community truly is. And while I do agree with your observation on Google's size, it does give onus for more and better competition. I, for one, am looking forward to Yahoo's new video move, especially if it doesn't have the limitations that Youtube currently has.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

YouTube isn't going to take ANY videos down, as the article implies. Why would they do that? It makes no sense. YouTube just won't include those artists in whatever new music service they're building.

Everybody should stop freaking out. YouTube is not trying to fuck you over.

You all need to take a chillpill. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

It's ok, I use Spotify which is amazing anyways.

ssshhhhh... they might hear us liking Spotify.  :ph34r:

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/