[Gizmodo] Google's Messing with Music on YouTube

ilikemacandpc

its fucking stupid and horrid, BUT its easy to get around by just having your youtube vid link to another video site that isnt retarded, mildly annoying but should work until Youtube feels the hate.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

THIS IS BULLSHIT. SCREW YOU GOOGLE.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

ssshhhhh... they might hear us liking Spotify.  :ph34r:

I like Spotify. Using it right now, as a matter of fact.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Anyone who uses Youtube as their primary music source is a complete pleb.

Really depends what you listen to :P If it's independent artists that release their music on youtube first before compiling it into an album later then it's quite possible.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Really depends what you listen to :P If it's independent artists that release their music on youtube first before compiling it into an album later then it's quite possible.

Too bad for them. They can post their music on XBox Music and Spotify, and probably get more listeners as it is being showcase in the new section of the weekly new albums set.

And subscribers to either service can download the song and listen on their device when they want, offline.

FFS!! RELAX PEOPLE!!

You have all gone nuts over what is little more than a rumor thats open to speculation and misunderstanding.. Wait for some solid proof, like a statement from google before you get your pitchforks out..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Anyone who uses Youtube as their primary music source is a complete pleb.

And why is that? Some of the stuff on youtube just can't be found anywhere else. 

YouTube views will stop being a marker for how successful a song is then.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Ive been wanting to shift away from Facebook and Google. Hopefully when they turn to crap everyone else will move so I can leave these pieces of crap behind without having to lose my friends who still think these services are the best.

So if I read this right, what it means is that unless VEVO move to the paid premium service only then they may get blocked.  If they can do the same for poodeepoo its fucking deal. I don't see the problem.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh! I just heard a song in TV... let's look it up on youtube...

/MUSIC PASS REQUIRED/

...or maybe in kickass"

When they see their profit drop they will realize how stupid this idea was

Ok, after reading the article I see what's happening here: with the raise of youtube (and the rest of the free internet) the old day when music labels controlled what people hear where over, suddenly it was this new phenomenon called virality what could make an independent artist successful, eroding the big label's power (also it's easier to have an unknown artist signed to an abusive contract than an already famous one). These corporations are clearly trying to take the control of the industry back.

Forget the youtube ruin, the whole openness of a system is at stake here since other players may start doing the same (even though they are practically insignificant). In my opinion youtube (and google itself) is too big, it needs some serious competition.

Google is trying to bring some premium music service to make more money off of music. So many people go on youtube for music and music videos and stuff. It effects record labels and when they are taken off of youtube people will yell at the labels even though it's googles fault I bet. IDK what exactly they are planning to do and if it will be better or worse but I guess we will see.

• 2 weeks later...

It's ok. Other companies can start to do their preparation in creating better video streaming platform with better sound quality integration like android's power amp.

Oh yahoo please make your on YouTube Google has ruined YouTube not just by doing this but there constant stupid layout changes there google+ intergration and there video monitization it's just a mess please someone make YouTube go away so we can be happy like we were with the original YouTube.

Unfortunately Yahoo has never been the answer, even in the times of Geocities Yahoo was terrible :/ They are simply not up to it. Well I never thought I would see the day but you never know, this might be the birth of the youtube killer

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly